Does the dinning room ever have......

cruiser05

If you go to my webshots link below, I have menus from one of our 7-day cruises posted online. Any entree choice may be unique to some passengers based on where they are from, but more often it's simply something you don't take the chance of trying in a regular restaurant for fear you won't like it. Your cruise is a great time to take a chance on a new thing, because you can always send it back and get something else if you don't like it. However, tell your server to tell you if you order something they wouldn't recommend, because the servers know what gets sent back over and over again, and their recommendation can guard you from making a really bad choice.

I first tried pumpkin soup on a cruise based on recommendations on this board, and it's fabulous! But, I had never seen it in a local restaurant previously, and I wouldn't have ordered it if I had.

Happy cruising!

I don't know what you mean by unique, but they have some wonderfully delicious entrees.

I mean, steak is steak, but when it's made into classic gourmet entrees, it's different - like Chateaubriand and Beef Wellington. And the seafood dishes can be quite innovative - like Delice of the Sea, which combines shrimp, scallops, and crabmeat in a Bechamel sauce. They do a good lamb with mint sauce, as well as Duckling L'Orange.

The food is wonderful in the dining room! I never even give a thought to the buffet on Lido....nonono. Always something interesting and delicious to try in the dining room!:)

Definately enjoy the dining room , even if there is a night when you see nothing on the menu that appeals to you, they can always make you a steak or a roast chicken or something like that , even if it is not on the menu.

but I really don't think finding at least one thing on the menu that you will like will be a problem.

Kap, Bechamel is just a fancy name for a creamy, rich white sauce.:D Y'know, just unsalted butter, flour, and cream. It has a dash of nutmeg. There are a lot of variations, but that's the basic sauce. I've made it with a tiny bit of thyme. Reeeeally good sauce, so you should like it!

Archived