Dress Code Noordam

mommybunny21

[quote name='Golfette'][B]Virgilhilts - I'm with you! Reverend, you're way off base by saying that for those who choose HAL dressing up is enjoyed by all. Speak for yourself and only for yourself. You may be in the majority or minority, but you only speak for yourself.[/B][/QUOTE]

Gee ... I'm sorry, Golfette. Wanna slap me around a bit more?
Granted, not everyone enjoys dressing up. Granted, I speak for myself. Nevertheless, I also speak with an experienced eye that has been informed by more than 130 days cruising on HAL and what I have to say is based upon what I have observed on MANY HAL cruises aboard MANY damships.

True, not everyone enjoys dressing up. But HAL has a dress code, and that dress code articulates what the Cruise Line's expectations are of their passenger/guests. And, for the most part (but with a few exceptions), HAL's passenger/guests have that same expectation of their fellow passenger/guests. Those who book HAL but who do not enjoy dressing up either (1) should have known better through researching what the Lines offer and expect -- the dress code is not secret -- or, (2) should avail themselves of the alternatives that the Line provides to those who do not wish to dress up.

[quote name='caviargal']I have read his posts and RevNeal can speak for me as well:D.

Whether it is enjoyed by "all" or not, it is dress code, nonetheless, and I am happy to see HAL enforce it as they did on ZUI last year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, caviargal. :D
I had a chuckle at you Dennys remark ... that's about right! :D

[SIZE=3]I fail to see what the big deal is about the dress code. Aside from the formal nights, HAL has relaxed the requirements to smart casual. What is so difficult about that? As someone mentioned, men can wear an open neck golf shirt or a long sleeve cotton shirt and still be dressed in "code". That seems like a no brainer. No one has to dressed formal every night. It's just not printed t shirts and shorts and sloppy clothes. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Why would anyone book a cruise on an elegant ship, go into a beautiful diningroom, and want to be dressed for the gym? I don't get what the big fuss is.[/SIZE]

[quote name='mamaofami'][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Why would anyone book a cruise on an elegant ship, go into a beautiful diningroom, and want to be dressed for the gym? I don't get what the big fuss is.[/SIZE][/quote]

Hi, Carol:).

I guess you haven't heard:

1) It's my vacation and I'll wear what I want to
2) It is a "suggestion, not a requirement"
3) I'd like to see them throw me out since I paid for my cruise too
4) Well, that's my idea of formal
5) People that wear tuxes/gowns are playing dress up!

:rolleyes:

[quote name='caviargal']Hi, Carol:).

I guess you haven't heard:

1) It's my vacation and I'll wear what I want to
2) It is a "suggestion, not a requirement"
3) I'd like to see them throw me out since I paid for my cruise too
4) Well, that's my idea of formal
5) People that wear tuxes/gowns are playing dress up!

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Amazing, that is absolutely correct.:rolleyes:

[quote name='Woe is me']They're just a couple of chickens. The one on the right has been on 2 cruises.;)[/QUOTE]

But the critical question is ... was the one on right dressed as a Penguin? :D
No, I'm serious ... they're very cute.

[quote name='mamaofami'][SIZE=3]I fail to see what the big deal is about the dress code. Aside from the formal nights, HAL has relaxed the requirements to smart casual. What is so difficult about that? As someone mentioned, men can wear an open neck golf shirt or a long sleeve cotton shirt and still be dressed in "code". That seems like a no brainer. No one has to dressed formal every night. It's just not printed t shirts and shorts and sloppy clothes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Why would anyone book a cruise on an elegant ship, go into a beautiful diningroom, and want to be dressed for the gym? I don't get what the big fuss is.[/SIZE][/quote]

I don't either. The dress code is the dress code. If people do their homework, planning a cruise, they know what to expect....it's no surprise. As you say, it's a no-brainer. I truly don't understand all the fuss.

If someone doesn't like the dress code on HAL, there are plenty of other lines from which to choose.

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Reverends don't flirt Hammy! It's against their religion;) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

The chicken and egg thing, I understand. :)

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]I knew you did but why did the chicken cross the road?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

"Did the chicken cross the road?
Did he cross it with a toad?
Yes the chicken crossed the road,
but why it crossed, I've not been told!"
-- Dr. Seuss

[FONT=Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Why did the chicken cross the road?
To prove to the possum it could actually be done!
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]A man was driving along a freeway when he noticed a chicken running alongside his car. He was amazed to see the chicken keeping up with him, as he was doing 50 mph. He accelerated to 60, and the chicken stayed right next to him. He sped up to 75 mph, and the chicken passed him. The man noticed that the chicken had three legs. So he followed the chicken down a road and ended up at a farm. He got out of his car and saw that all the chickens had three legs. He asked the farmer, "What's up with these chickens?" The farmer said "Well, everybody likes chicken legs, so I bred a three-legged bird. I'm going to be a millionaire." The man asked him how they tasted. The farmer said, "Don't know, haven't caught one yet." [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

This week, a chicken truck overturned in our town, sending tons (slight exaggeration...:rolleyes: ) of birds all over the road. The tractor trailer driver lost control of the truck as a result of particularly high winds. The birds were eventually 'saved'...so they could be transported to their destination where they would eventually be...well...you get the picture. :o
No charges were filed.

A chicken to play with... [URL]http://www.subservientchicken.com/[/URL]

(and I see a number of others have found [URL]http://whydidthechickencrosstheroad.com/[/URL] !)

[IMG]http://www.jokes.org.au/userimages/user756_1156127401.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='caribbean girl']It's much more fun to talk about chickens than HAL's dress code. Please continue...:p

Personally, I prefer the chicken on the left. He has a knowing look. Does he/she have a name?[/QUOTE]

I played the "Chicken Toss" on the Noordam with D.J. Jazzy! :)

Archived