Classic Yacht Regatta

richsea

We'll be docked in St Johns on Zenith on April 22, which happens to be during the Annual Antigua Yachting Regatta There is scheduled a parade of claasic yachts on the 22nd in English Harbor. If anyone has visited during the Regatta I would appreciate any info. How far is English Harbor from St. Johns? Cab fare? This sounds like it wolud be an interesting parade to witness.

• 3 weeks later...

it is awesome...they yachts are truly fantastic. there is a good vid of some of last years action on http://www.acquafilms.com but its worth a look for sure. there are many lunch stops down there as well, and you could also do a nice beach stop at pigeon beach...lovely place. i would see if you could rent a car as it would be cheaper with the stops....cab each way to english harbour will be about 35 bucks too. its a 40 minute drive with traffic. shirley heights is a good place to see the start and then you could go to one of the docks to see them coming in. they never come in that late. email the organizers as i find them quite helpful. http://www.antiguaclassics.com

Hi Antiguan,

We appreciate your response.

We are on the same cruise as Richsea and are thrilled to be there during the regatta.

I wonder if traffic and parking for a rental car would be really bad during the regatta. Are there public buses that we could take to go to the vantage points?

I emailed the regatta twice but received no response.

Richsea, maybe get a car together if the bus idea isn't feasible?

Thanks again,

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Archived