Information/Opinions about Camp Carnival

new2cruising2008

Can anyone who has been on the Inspiration since the remodel tell me exactly where the new camp carnival is at? Carnival does not have updated deck plans yet and all they can tell me is the Veranda deck. BUT WHERE ON THE VERANDA DECK? They said something about moving the kids pool also....anyone?

Can anyone who has been on the Inspiration since the remodel tell me exactly where the new camp carnival is at? Carnival does not have updated deck plans yet and all they can tell me is the Veranda deck. BUT WHERE ON THE VERANDA DECK? They said something about moving the kids pool also....anyone?

• 2 months later...
Is there a need for 5 or 9 yo to have their sign n sail card with them at camp carnival? Have read many posts about lanyards. Is that for older kids who may be charging drinks? Trying to finish packing--3 days left!

For the 5 year old, none at all. For the 9 year old, are you going to allow the 9 year old to have sign out priviledges? If not, then nope, they won't need their cards.

I look at it this way, my kids can't go anywhere on the ship without me. If they need to charge something then I will use my card. So at this point there is no reason to give my kids their cards. And I keep their cards in my lanyard.

When they are older...teens...then I will give them a card with charging privledges.

We were the first sailing on Inspiration after the remodel. The camp is now located just one level above the main pool on the lido deck. Its windows look out at the main pool right in the center of the ship. I am on a work computer so I cant post pics. It is not as big as some of the newer ships camps. One side is for 2-5 and is separate from the 6-8 room. They have separate doors leading to each room. The childrens pool and playground set is now gone and replaced with the waterworks area.

We were the first sailing on Inspiration after the remodel. The camp is now located just one level above the main pool on the lido deck. Its windows look out at the main pool right in the center of the ship. I am on a work computer so I cant post pics. It is not as big as some of the newer ships camps. One side is for 2-5 and is separate from the 6-8 room. They have separate doors leading to each room. The childrens pool and playground set is now gone and replaced with the waterworks area.

Where do the 9-11 year olds meet?

Does anyone know if the new Waterworks on the Inspiration allows swim diapers? I know that the main pools do not. My daughter will be 2 in July and is no where near potty trained. She will be very unhappy about not being able to get in the water at all - I am not sure if it is even worth it to bring her. I have seen that some people are bringing blow up pools. I just think that at her age - she will not be happy with this substitution. Thanks!!

cruisinmam06 - thanks for all the information - it is very useful. One question I have is about the dinner. Our last cruise we did the late dinner which we liked, but how does that work out with the camp? does anyone have experience with the late seating and kids (my son will be 11 my daughter 17).

cruisinmam06 - thanks for all the information - it is very useful. One question I have is about the dinner. Our last cruise we did the late dinner which we liked, but how does that work out with the camp? does anyone have experience with the late seating and kids (my son will be 11 my daughter 17).

The problem with late seating is that alot of the events in the clubs start at 7pm. So if the kids go to late seating, then they might miss events. I know some of the dance parties for the 11 year old group starts at 7pm. I don't know how they set up the teen events.

But many families with kids the age of yours do go to late seating.

Thank you all for your input on this thread. My dd will be 3 the day before we leave. She is non-verbal and that is my main concern. Does anyone have experience with a child being non-verbal at Camp carnival? She is a very good girl and loves being with other kids.

As for the swim diaper question. I called carnival on this issue and for all intent purposes I was told (even for the big pool) don't worry until someone says something to you. My daughter will be devistated if she cannot go into the pool (she is a fish) so I am just going to keep her in 1 piece suits and pray for the best. Hopefully no one will say anything. The funny thing is that I was holding off with Potty training her until after the cruise figuring it would be easier for us with her in diapers. Personally, being on several past cruises myself, I would never have thought that a child could not be in the pool without swim diapers on. So I would never have even thought to complain. Hopefully that will be the case on this cruise and no one will notice or bother me about it. Her bathing suit has a skirt to it so hopefully it will hide any bulkiness.

Just a note on the talent show, two years ago we did an April cruise on the Imagination. The kids seemed to range in age from 5-12 that did something. Mine were 5, 7, and 9 at the time and all of them sang, the counselors even helped my middle one get the words for A Spoon Full of Sugar and provided music. The show lasted maybe 20 minutes, they each got a certificate and felt good about getting up in front of a small crowd.

We go again next month on the Triumph and they are already thinking about what to do, more for fun because talent in our case is a loose term.

Thank you all for your input on this thread. My dd will be 3 the day before we leave. She is non-verbal and that is my main concern. Does anyone have experience with a child being non-verbal at Camp carnival? She is a very good girl and loves being with other kids.

As for the swim diaper question. I called carnival on this issue and for all intent purposes I was told (even for the big pool) don't worry until someone says something to you. My daughter will be devistated if she cannot go into the pool (she is a fish) so I am just going to keep her in 1 piece suits and pray for the best. Hopefully no one will say anything. The funny thing is that I was holding off with Potty training her until after the cruise figuring it would be easier for us with her in diapers. Personally, being on several past cruises myself, I would never have thought that a child could not be in the pool without swim diapers on. So I would never have even thought to complain. Hopefully that will be the case on this cruise and no one will notice or bother me about it. Her bathing suit has a skirt to it so hopefully it will hide any bulkiness.

They told you that? To stick her in the pool until someone says something. :eek: I know you love your child and would move the move and the stars for her, but the cruise ships set the no swim diaper rule for her safety and the safety of all of the other kids in the pool. If someone has an accident in the pool, then lots of people could get sick. We've been on a Carnival ship where someone had an accident and the children's pool was shut down on a SEA day. So my kids were out of luck because someone stuck their non potty trained child in the pool. So my kids

missed out on swimming on our only sea day because of someone else's actions.

There is no chlorine in the pool to kill the bacteria.

I really hope you reconsider and bring a blow up pool for her. And I also hope that people on the Carnvial board don't catch wind of this thread because I KNOW all heck will break loose around here. And it makes all of the other parents who ARE considerate of their fellow passengers look bad. :(

As far as the non-verbal 3 year old...my youngest was non-verbal on Carnival and RCCL. She had a better time on Carnival...those camp counselors were more patient with her. On RCCL I was asked if she "spoke English" :rolleyes:

I called Carnival as well and was told that no swim diapers or any diapers are allowed in the pools or Waterworks area - - not potty trained they can not go in the pools. While that is disappointing news - I understand the purpose for this rule. Because we really want our daughter to be able to enjoy the pools on board and because we want to respect the health of everyone else on board as well - we will just forgo the cruise this year and hit a Disney resort instead. And we will just cross our fingers that she will be potty trained next year!! Thanks for all of your information!

I called Carnival as well and was told that no swim diapers or any diapers are allowed in the pools or Waterworks area - - not potty trained they can not go in the pools. While that is disappointing news - I understand the purpose for this rule. Because we really want our daughter to be able to enjoy the pools on board and because we want to respect the health of everyone else on board as well - we will just forgo the cruise this year and hit a Disney resort instead. And we will just cross our fingers that she will be potty trained next year!! Thanks for all of your information!

If you really have your heart set on a cruise this year, then you can still go on a Disney ship or a RCCL Freedom Ship (Freedom/Liberty/Independence of the Seas) and all of those ships do have a diaper water area. ;)

When my youngest was 8 months, we did Disney Magic for that reason. And now the RCCL Freedom ships offer the same type of area, called the baby zone.

If you really have your heart set on a cruise this year, then you can still go on a Disney ship or a RCCL Freedom Ship (Freedom/Liberty/Independence of the Seas) and all of those ships do have a diaper water area. ;)

When my youngest was 8 months, we did Disney Magic for that reason. And now the RCCL Freedom ships offer the same type of area, called the baby zone.

But RCCL only takes potty trained children in the kids clubs right? So they are good for the water play aspect but the kids club would be a no go then if the child is still in diapers!

I thought that Camp Carnival was free during some hours during the day, was I wrong about that?

I have a 10, 5, & 3 yr. old, I'm just trying to figure out how much a trip to Camp Carnival will cost us, It's not completely clear on the website.

Ginger

Here's some added info you might not have read about.

Carnival has a Build A Buddy program (like Build A Bear) that allows your child to pick an animal, stuff it, name it and dress it in a Camp Carnival T-Shirt...makes a great souvenir. The cost is $19.99

The first night on the cruise, instead of chocolates on the pillows, your kids will get smilie cookies. :D

There is a talent show that the camp carnival kids put on in the main theatre, it's really cute. It lasts an hour, even the 2 year olds participate.

Pick your kids up a lanyard in the gift shop (or one at WalMart before you leave) then your kids can wear their set sail pases around their necks (just like they do at Disney, think pin lanyards)

Our next cruise is going to be Carnival since we got a promo from our car dealership, so I thought I'd pop in and see what kind of info I could get here... and I must say, my daughter is going to flip when she hears about the Build a Buddy. We had to locate and navigate to a Build a Bear on our LA day to round out (we thought) her 'build a friend' collection - we've gotten one on each of our last holidays - from Teddy Bear Forest, Busch Gardens, and now finally a 'real' Build a Bear (a cheetah with Hannah Montana gear that she named 'Hannah Cheetana' :p ). She'll be ecstatic to find out that she'll be able to make one on Carnival. Thanks for the info Michele!! (as usual!)

I thought that Camp Carnival was free during some hours during the day, was I wrong about that?

I have a 10, 5, & 3 yr. old, I'm just trying to figure out how much a trip to Camp Carnival will cost us, It's not completely clear on the website.

Ginger

Camp Carnival IS free. When you see mentions of a fee, we are talking about after 10pm. Ater 10pm, they start charging $5 per hour. For your 3 and 5 year old, after 10pm there will be blankets set up with pillows, and movie time. For the 10 year old, they have late night dance parties and other special events at that time.

My kids rarely make it past 10pm. Usually once a cruise they ask to stay past 10pm and make it to about 10:30 lol. Every other night I pick them up at 10pm, take them out for some pizza and then tuck some very worn out kids into bed.

FYI - Just back from the Celebration and the after hours fee is now $6 per hour, $4 for each addtional child. DD did make it til 11 one night but every other night I got her by 10pm. She's ready to go back even though the last day was pretty rough!:)

Archived