Information/Opinions about Camp Carnival

new2cruising2008

FYI - Just back from the Celebration and the after hours fee is now $6 per hour, $4 for each addtional child. DD did make it til 11 one night but every other night I got her by 10pm. She's ready to go back even though the last day was pretty rough!:)

Yes you are correct. It is $6 for the first, $4 for the 2nd. Since I have two I always think of it as $10 per hour ($5 each)...but that is not really accurate. :D

The Carnival Waterworks area does allow swim diapers since there is no real standing water. It sprays out of the things but drains/absorbs very quickly so really there is none left on the ground. Basically its just a big area with rubbery mats and a few spray things. My DD loved it! I think Carnival meant the big slide area and I doubt your 3 yr old will be going down the slide ;) There were alot of young swim diaper age kids in this area. There isnt a pool or standing water there just the spray things. I could be wrong, but I didnt see any signs prohibiting swim diapers on our Oct cruise. It could be they just didnt have them up yet since the waterworks area actually opened for the first time on our cruise.

I hope you are right about my grandson wanting to be at the Camp. He's so attached to his mom. I really hope he will like it.

Being we are not going until Thanksgiving, that gives him a little time to

"detach".

My daughter was two. She was at the camp with my 3-year old nephew and her four-year old brother. Even though she had the two boys with her she still cried after about an hour there. They gave us a pager and would page us whenever she wanted us to come back and get her. Poor thing was crying in the middle of the room by the time we got there while the other kids were running around and playing. It was a big step for her and at least she lasted an hour! Having the pager was really good and eased our minds.

An earlier post stated that while in port the Camp was only available until 12:00pm. Isn't that for the 2 and under only with a babysitting fee? I am under the assumption the camp is open to the older children on port days with no cost. Can anyone verify this? My husband and I have already booked excursion without our children. One of the brochures said only if you were on the ship during a port day you would have to pick your children up during lunch.

TIA

An earlier post stated that while in port the Camp was only available until 12:00pm. Isn't that for the 2 and under only with a babysitting fee? I am under the assumption the camp is open to the older children on port days with no cost. Can anyone verify this? My husband and I have already booked excursion without our children. One of the brochures said only if you were on the ship during a port day you would have to pick your children up during lunch.

TIA

No that's not true. Camp Carnival is open all day long on port days and NO fees apply (until after 10pm). :)

I tried to go back and find the post you are referring to but heck this thread is so long that my "2 year old" I talk about on page 1 is turning 4 in 2.5 months...lol.

Here is the link to the Camp Carnival Pages I have uploaded.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Camp%20Carnival%20Capers/

I am traveling on the Conquest on 03/02 with my daughters and granddaughters 3 yrs and 18 months old. I understand that my 3 year old granddaughter can be in Camp Carnival during port days, what about the 18 month old? Is there babysitting available so we could all do a family (minus the young one's) can do an excursion? What about during dinner, does she eat with us or is there babysitting available?

I am new to this so I may post it twice :D I am traveling with my family on the Conquest 03/02. We have our two granddaughters who are 3 yrs old and 18 montlh old. I understand the 3 year old can be in Camp Carnival during port days but is there babysitting available for the 18 month old so that the adults could do an excusion? How about dinner, is there babysitting then? Thanks for any info on how we can balance kid time and adult time...

I am traveling on the Conquest on 03/02 with my daughters and granddaughters 3 yrs and 18 months old. I understand that my 3 year old granddaughter can be in Camp Carnival during port days, what about the 18 month old? Is there babysitting available so we could all do a family (minus the young one's) can do an excursion? What about during dinner, does she eat with us or is there babysitting available?

For those under 2, babysitting is available on port days until noon (or the first 4 hours in port if there is a late arrival) for $6 per hour. There is also late night babysitting, but not during dinner hours.

I believe the 3 year old can eat dinner in Camp Carnival, but not the 18 month old.

Archived