Hotel in Miami

R Prim

We have just booked the Triumph for January 8th and will be arriving by air the day before. I "think" I would like to use Priceline for the first time. Have not done that in the past - we will need transportation from the airport to the hotel than to the port. I know many have done this in the past but how do you know in the end you have actually saved money. (We have stayed in some scary places in the past in Miami!) Thanks for your help.

I would definitely use Priceline again.

Most hotels in Miami have a shuttle for a small fee, maybe $4.00 or so. If not, the taxi ride is usually about $10 - $15.00.

If you choose a 3 star, you will get the Sheraton, Radisson or even the Hyatt. No LESS than that.

Most (like us) get the Radisson, which is a VERY nice hotel. Rooms are beautiful. Once booked, we requested a port view and got upgraded to a corner room with a city AND port view. More than enough room for us and the 2 small children. Newly decorated with contemporary furniture. Nice lobby with cascading waterfall. Roof top pool.

Oh, did I mention I bid $35.00 and got accepted??? Now, the Holiday Inn or Howard Johnsons will cost you $79.00 easily.

There isn't really much to think about. I'd say the Radisson would be a $150.00 a night hotel. For $35.00??? Can't be beat. The other hotels in the category are equally as nice if not nicer.

Don't wait another minute, bid away!!

We booked thru Hotwire for a September cruise. Got an upscale (Royal Palm Crowne Plaza) in South Beach for $69. we wanted to stay in South Beach as we have dinner reservations the night before the cruise at Emeril's which is in the Lowe's hotel in South Beach.

Depending on where you live you might want to check out flights into Ft Lauderdale. JetBlue has is running from NYC to Ft Lauderdale for between $49 - $69 each way. Lots of ways to get from FLL to Miami including renting a car for around $35 (drop off right in South Beach); taxi: $65; Limo: slightly higher than $65; Share-A-Ride:$15 per person.

CTMak

Archived