Jet ski rental or Stingray City Wave Runner Adventure

littlehead

Hi Guys

Reading the boards I found out about the Stingray City Wave Runner Adventure with grancaymancruiseexcursions.com and got kind of excited about that…:D but then I’ve also read a thread talking about the possibility of renting jet skis at Seven Mile Beach and it also sounds good… :rolleyes:Any ideas to help me with this??? Is it really worth to go see the stingrays??? And has anyone ever rented a jet at the beach?? Are they easily available?

Thanks!!!

It depends on whether or not you want to see the stingrays. For us, it was an AMAZING experience. But if you'r not interested, go for the jetskis off seven mile beach. One thing to consider: you'll pay the same price for the stingray city/waverunner adventure (for 2+ hours) as you will for 1/2 hour-1 hour at seven mile beach. Personally, I would go for the stingray city waverunner tour. You can rent jetskis anywhere. But how often can you rent them and play with stingrays? :D

It depends on whether or not you want to see the stingrays. For us, it was an AMAZING experience. But if you'r not interested, go for the jetskis off seven mile beach. One thing to consider: you'll pay the same price for the stingray city/waverunner adventure (for 2+ hours) as you will for 1/2 hour-1 hour at seven mile beach. Personally, I would go for the stingray city waverunner tour. You can rent jetskis anywhere. But how often can you rent them and play with stingrays? :D

Hello RIGirl...

You are right... I will problably go and see the stingrays... Another question... Do you think it's possible to go for the waverunner adventure and then later do a little snorkeling at Eden Beach, for instance????

Thanks for your post;)!!!

littlehead,,,that's what we plan on doing later this month. We have the 9AM excursion on the waverunners and hope to get back to town and Eden Rock for some snorkeling from shore. My biggest concern,,,,there are 7 ships in port that day, I wonder how crowded Eden Rock will be by the time we get there.:confused:

Hello RIGirl...

You are right... I will problably go and see the stingrays... Another question... Do you think it's possible to go for the waverunner adventure and then later do a little snorkeling at Eden Beach, for instance????

Thanks for your post;)!!!

I don't see why not. Just book the early waverunner tour. We did the afternoon tour so there wasn't much time at all afterwards. In hindsight, we should have done the early tour and then snorkeled somewhere after - exactly what you want to do. You definately won't regret doing the waverunners. It's great!

littlehead,,,that's what we plan on doing later this month. We have the 9AM excursion on the waverunners and hope to get back to town and Eden Rock for some snorkeling from shore. My biggest concern,,,,there are 7 ships in port that day, I wonder how crowded Eden Rock will be by the time we get there.:confused:

Hello Willydoit

Please, let me know about it when you get back!!!

One question.:o How do you how many ships will be in port on the same day?!?!?

We did the stingray city/waverunner rental and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you go early you'll have extra time, and you get the waverunner for 2 hours which is great. Didn't think I'd care about stingray city but loved it and our pictures are fabulous--especially the ones in which we're getting back massages by the stingrays. Be prepared for fact that not many taxis want to take you to the resort because it's out of the way and a long winding entrance to the hotel--they don't use meters, they have flat fees for certain locations. Tell them immediately that you'll tip well--that's how we finally found someone. And it might help with time to have one scheduled ahead of time to bring you back. We had to wait at least 30-40 minutes for a return trip. Our native driver told us the locals don't like the way the resort is arranged so I think they try to avoid it. The good snorkeling area is in the opposite direction, so you'll want to make your travel as time efficient as possible. Our 17 year old decided that his career will be leading jet ski expeditions in the Cayman Islands. And be prepared for wild ride, you'll really feel the waves on the jet skis so hold on tight. :eek:

littlehead,,,here's a link that lets you know where ships are at anytime all throughout the world.

http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn3/

On the left side of the site click on ships, choose your ship from the list, click the date and port on the calendar, and it should then switch to show you all the ships in that particular port on that day.

Hope that helps,,I'll have a review when we return.

Hello Willydoit

Please, let me know about it when you get back!!!

One question.:o How do you how many ships will be in port on the same day?!?!?

If you go to http://www.cruisecal.com and click on "main calendar". You then just enter the dates of your cruise and your ships name. Remember to click on "include other ships in port." This will give you all of your ports and what ships are in port with you that day. I hope this helps.

The waverunners leave from the Grand Caymian Resort. We had drinks from the bar. They were good. We saw people using the pool and hot tub but we didn't. We chose to wait for the waverunners on the beach (I was in the hammock :D ). It's not a good sand beach but we weren't going in the water.

• 11 months later...

We visited the Cayman Islands this past Thanksgiving. I highly recommend Ebanks Watersports waverunner snorkel tour. www.ebankswatersports.com

My husband, 15 year old daughter and I all had a blast!! We enjoyed a fun run across the bay, a beautiful snorkel at the Barrier Reef, and then a really cool visit to Stingray City. One of the best excursions we have ever experienced!!

• 1 year later...
We did the stingray city/waverunner rental and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you go early you'll have extra time, and you get the waverunner for 2 hours which is great. Didn't think I'd care about stingray city but loved it and our pictures are fabulous--especially the ones in which we're getting back massages by the stingrays. Be prepared for fact that not many taxis want to take you to the resort because it's out of the way and a long winding entrance to the hotel--they don't use meters, they have flat fees for certain locations. Tell them immediately that you'll tip well--that's how we finally found someone. And it might help with time to have one scheduled ahead of time to bring you back. We had to wait at least 30-40 minutes for a return trip. Our native driver told us the locals don't like the way the resort is arranged so I think they try to avoid it. The good snorkeling area is in the opposite direction, so you'll want to make your travel as time efficient as possible. Our 17 year old decided that his career will be leading jet ski expeditions in the Cayman Islands. And be prepared for wild ride, you'll really feel the waves on the jet skis so hold on tight. :eek:
was your son able to drive his own jet ski, or doyou have to be 18?

• 3 years later...

Can you please guide me to getting a price on this tour?

Can you please guide me to getting a price on this tour?

it depends on if you ride alone or with some one else , it goes from $60 per person to $95 if you ride alone.http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaveRunner.htm

I think Red Sail rents them on the beach for the same price but only for 30 mins! This is a much better deal with stingray city on top of it:)

Archived