Priceline Miami Hotels- requesting room with two beds

Snowball

I plan on using Priceline to make my hotel arrangements for my pre-cruise stay next June. I will probably also be making the arrangements for my family and friends that are going on the cruise with us, and some of them people will need a room with two separate beds instead of sharing a bed.

Has anyone that booked through Priceline for a Miami hotel called to request separate beds, and if so, what hotel was it for and were they able to accomodate you?

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=3][color=red]I'm sure you know that on Priceline you are bidding on a room only. However, we have never had a problem requesting and getting rooms with two doubles.[/color][/size][/font]

On Priceline you may bid on up to 4 rooms at a time. Priceline guarantees that the room will comfortably accommodate two adults. It does not guarantee that the rooms will have double beds, king beds, or twin beds.

If you need more than 4 rooms, Priceline may not be the way to go. You do not know if your second set of bids will be accepted at the same amount or for the same hotel. If another hotel in the same area is OK then go ahead.

If you bid and win it is best to call the hotel and request that x number of rooms have double beds. They should be able to accommodate you.

I have used Priceline numerous times and in most cases the room that we have received at check-in has been a non-smoking room with two double beds. I have had to request a King room and in most cases the request was honored.

Good luck.
Mike

Hey Debbie..........I got Marriott ($225 rooms) for $45 on PL and I just nicely asked them, when I arrived, for a port view to see the ships and a king for me and a double for my sister and her friend.......lol..they were right next to each other....Of course I asked nicely and it was a cute girl.....lol;)

Thanks for the replies so far. I know that this would be on request only, but I want to make sure that there is a high probability of this request being honored before I go ahead and book through Priceline for people that need 2 beds.

Has anyone else booked through Priceline for a Miami hotel, then called and requested two beds in the room? What hotel was that for, and could they accomodate you?

I booked the Miami Hyatt Regency downtown through Priceline--2 rooms--and just called a couple of days before we left and requested 2 beds in each room. They were very friendly and accomodating and we had no problems. When we checked in, the girl verified that we had requested 2 beds in each room and that's what we got. No mention of Priceline or anything. I was very pleased.

Laura

Carnival Triumph 7/04
Carnival Triumph 11/02

If you bid downtown you'll PROBABLY be okay. If you bid southbeach you will be taking a risk as many of the hotels are boutiques and do not have enough space to accomdate 2 beds. I"m sure you've probably already heard of biddingfortravel.com, that is a website that lists winning bids and other info specifically requests for more than one bed located in the hotel FAQ.

Archived