Packing List?

Avril

I know I have seen a packing list somewhere on here but I can't find it. I am trying to finish a list that I started from these boards but for some reason, never finished. Does anyone have anything to add? So far, I have:

Bungee Cords

Power Strip

Clothes Pins

Highlighters

Post it Notes

Cruise Docs

ID (Passport, Birthcertifict, etc)

Money (Cash, Credit Cards)

Portable Clock

Extra Duffle Bag

Cell Phone

Blender

Duct Tape

Lots of dollar bills for tipping

Suntan Lotion

Contact Phone Numbers (tours, airport, car service, family, etc)

Pants and Shotrs with Elastic Waists (1-2 sizes bigger than you normaly wear)

Extra Film/Memory Cards

Door Shoe Holder (for bathroom)

Tall coffee sipper

Large bar of soap

Nightlight

Suction Hooks

Steamer/Iron

Mailing Box (for photos, door sign, etc)

Mirror (with suction)

Notepad/Tape

Wigs (:confused: :confused: )

Small box of kleenex

Hand Sanitizer

Air Sqwoosh out bags for undies/wrinkleables

Garment Bag for fancy duds

Anything else?

Thanks in Advance!! :D

You will more than likely find that you don't need half of what is on your list:) Just perusing your list once, I took 15 items off of it, reading through again I'd take a few more off.

I have no idea what you will need the suction cups or mirror for, the cabins already have hooks and mirrors. They provide each room with pens and paper, you can get cups onboard, I left my travel clock and nightlight home once and found we did fine without them, those items don't get to go any more. I've never needed duct tape, but I see it on every packing list out there. A blender?

The over the door shoe holder is not needed for the bathroom, there is plenty of space in there for toiletries, but we do use it when we cruise as a family (4 people). On the outside of the bathroom door, for odds and ends that would end up cluttering the cabin. Of course, you can always use it for shoes if you pack too many of those.

I never take an unpacked bag, unless it is small enough to fold to almost nothing. I have one that clips onto my carry on and is the size of a key chain when folded, a market bag when opened.

If you buy any photos onboard, they put them into a folder, it will keep your photos from bending, leave the mailing box at home. Of course, if you plan to use the mailing box to mail the photos home to yourself, by all means take it. We have mailed stuff home to ourselves several times (souvenirs, art, photos, even once I threw in some no longer needed clothing.

Take what is essential to you and leave the rest at home. I know, our first cruise I was excited and brought some (not all) of what was on your list. A lot of it is somewhere around here somewhere, never used, some in its original packaging.

What is essential on our list:

Our clothes

bathing suits (at least 3) w/cover up

toiletries

a small first aid kit

camera with more memory than we think we need

camera charger

one cell phone, fully charged and turned off, only for emergency use

Everything else, we have found, can be successfully left at home. Your back will thank you and you will have far less to organize and repack for the journey home.

I undertand it is exciting to plan and buy, but instead save your $$ for your vacation, not for stuff that just takes up space. You cannot imagine how many posts have been here on CC over the years by people stating they will never take all this stuff along again. Cruise ships are highly sophisticated and will provide you with everything except your most personal needs.

Edited to add: I see you have cruised before, I don't know how I missed that! Now I'm really confused as to why you have such a long list, it looked like a first timer list to me!

Our first cruise was last year on a transatlantic, someone recommended the Bungee Cords but we didn't use it. There was no problem with the sliding doors closing, it stayed open all the time without a cord.

As for steamer/irons etc, it depends on the cruise line, we cruised RC and it would have been useful, they don't provide irons or laundry service. Our next cruise is on Princess and they have laundromats and irons.

We did use the large air/suction bags, they were ideal for packing and less bulk. Also don't forget binoculars.

Remember that the airlines now charge for luggage that is over the 50 lb. limit so don't pack unecessary things or you'll end up paying extra! Delta charges $25 for anything over 50 lbs.

You won't need bungee cords unless you on Carnival. Wouldn't bring blender. They provide kleenex & soap. Instead of a power strip just bring the three outlet plug in-type--much smaller!

Plastic ties!!!! the kind that slips through the hole in the end and only tightens. A hand full of these do not take up much room and they are great for securing your suitcases, bags, makeup bags, medicene bags etc.......so you know no one has tampered with your stuff while out of your room. I have heard strange stories of what stewards do to peoples stuff if you have irrated them... such as with your tooth brush??? YUK!!!!!! :eek: I guess I don't trust people as much as some do. But doing this puts my mind at ease. These ties come in allll different colors and they come off with a snip of your scissors. Yes, these are a MUST for me

I never go on a cruise without my Magic Bullet Blender.. it is the best. We cruise in a crowd so cocktail hours are always fun and creative. They are small and travel great.

I think I would have to leave my wigs at home though..

Things we also take:

I also bring an extra memory card for my camera.

My DH thinks I am crazy but I always bring my own pillow case. I take it off each morning.. YES I AM WEIRD..

We bring Walkie Talkies

We bring binoculars

Zip Loc bags for various things.

Magic Eraser / Tide Stain Eraser.. Just ask my DH Shirts....

Little Hand Sanitizers.. I clip it on my ID necklace. This is something I use all the time, being a school teacher you just have to.

Disposable Underwater Camera if you plan to go snorkeling

Plastic ties!!!! the kind that slips through the hole in the end and only tightens. A hand full of these do not take up much room and they are great for securing your suitcases, bags, makeup bags, medicene bags etc.......so you know no one has tampered with your stuff while out of your room. I have heard strange stories of what stewards do to peoples stuff if you have irrated them... such as with your tooth brush??? YUK!!!!!! :eek: I guess I don't trust people as much as some do. But doing this puts my mind at ease. These ties come in allll different colors and they come off with a snip of your scissors. Yes, these are a MUST for me

I like that...

Good TIP!

You will more than likely find that you don't need half of what is on your list:) Just perusing your list once, I took 15 items off of it, reading through again I'd take a few more off.

I took off 19 items. I HATE to travel with a lot of stuff, and have re-learned how to pack efficiently from my business travel days. The difference with cruising is that I change for the evening most days, so I need more clothing, but I don't like to carry a lot of stuff.

My downfall is electronics - cellphone, camera, iPod/travel speakers....We bring the laptop so I can edit my photos as I go & DH can stay connected to work (sad, but necessary). One great item that a CC-er turned me onto was the iGo charger - you can just get "tips" for all of your devices and carry only a single base charging unit, which reduces that part of the luggage considerably.

Clothes and toilettries( including sun block)

Credit cards

Passports and travel docs.

Sunglasses

Hand sanitzer

Clorox wipes

ziplock bags

BOOKS (most important)

Thats it folks.. never needed anything else, even spending weeks and weeks in Europe. I don't try and take my home with me!

Phones stay home, this is a " V A C A T I O N " and phones mean work ! In an emergency they never work anyways,, LOL

Laundry soap etc, forget it, I don't do laundry on my "V A C A T I O N "

"Post it Notes, Highlighters, Tape, notepads," , I will never get bringing office supplies,, they have pens onboard and as much paper as I ever would want on my" V A C A T I O N"

"Large bar of soap" -- we use provided stuff, good enough( I do bring a facial cleanser, it is with my makeup)

I do not like to lug a bunch of luggage, too stressful to deal with all that extra "stuff" ... I would need a vacation from vacation!

pg. I agree with you on practically everything but the cell phone. The one time we didn't take it (that is, since we've had them :) ) we really needed it 2-3 times and we ended up spending a lot more $ on a quick phone booth call than the cell would have, plus the fact it took us a couple of hours to even find a phone booth. The ones available right off the ship were 3 deep each with lines of crew, no way did I want to interfere with their phone calls!

Cell phones are so tiny, they tuck into a corner of my purse. We keep it turned off and only use it when needed. There are other reasons to use it than just calling home or work. If you are stranded at the airport, your flight is delayed or cancelled, you can make a quick call rather than stand in line with the crowd. We use ours to call our ground transportation as well.

My DH thinks I am crazy but I always bring my own pillow case. I take it off each morning.. YES I AM WEIRD..

Good idea and you are not weird. We are driving to port and I have been debating lugging our pillows with us. I just feel better laying my head on my cooties :) as I know pillows don't get washed like bed sheets. I have been known in hotels to sleep on one of my tee shirts. My DH thinks I am weird cause I always have to check out the pillows. If we travel by car we always bring our own pillows. I tried looking for a travel pillow but neither of our local Walmarts have them.

Stephanie

So far we have:

1. Bungee Cords

2. Power Strip

3. Clothes Pins

4. Highlighters

5. Post it Notes

6. Cruise Docs

7. ID (Passport, Birthcertifict, etc)

8. Money (Cash, Credit Cards)

9. Portable Clock

10. Extra Duffle Bag

11. Cell Phone

12. Blender

13. Duct Tape

14. Lots of dollar bills for tipping

15. Suntan Lotion

16. Contact Phone Numbers (tours, airport, car service, family, etc)

17. Pants and Shotrs with Elastic Waists (1-2 sizes bigger than you normaly wear)

18. Extra Film/Memory Cards

19. Door Shoe Holder (for bathroom)

20. Tall coffee sipper

21. Large bar of soap

22. Nightlight

23. Suction Hooks

24. Steamer/Iron

25. Mailing Box (for photos, door sign, etc)

26. Mirror (with suction)

27. Notepad/Tape

28. Wigs (:confused: :confused: )

29. Small box of kleenex

30. Hand Sanitizer

31. Air Sqwoosh out bags for undies/wrinkleables

32. Garment Bag for fancy duds

33. Camera and charger

34. A small 1st aid kit

35. binoculars

36. 3 outlet plug in

37. Plastic ties (the kind that slips through the hole in the end and only tightens)

38. Pillow Case(s)

39. Magic Bullet Blender (very small)

40. Walkie Talkies

41. Zip Lock Bags

42. Magic Eraser

43. Tide Stain Eraser

44. Disposable underwater camera

45. iPod/travel speakers

46. laptop

47. iGo charger (get tips for all your devices and carry only as a small base charging unit)

48. Clothes (casual/dress shirts, pants and skirts, formal outfit(s) for X number of nights, undies, bras, swim suit, etc)

49. Clorox wipes

50. books

This look's great people!! Keep em coming! :D

My list:

1. Bungee Cords

2. Power Strip

3. Clothes Pins

4. Highlighters

5. Post it Notes

6. Cruise Docs

9. Portable Clock

10. Extra Duffle Bag

11. Cell Phone

12. Blender

13. Duct Tape

15. Suntan Lotion

17. Pants and Shotrs with Elastic Waists (1-2 sizes bigger than you normaly wear)

20. Tall coffee sipper

21. Large bar of soap

22. Nightlight

23. Suction Hooks

24. Steamer/Iron

27. Notepad/Tape

28. Wigs ( )

29. Small box of kleenex

30. Hand Sanitizer

33. Camera and charger

34. A small 1st aid kit

35. binoculars

36. 3 outlet plug in

37. Plastic ties (the kind that slips through the hole in the end and only tightens)

38. Pillow Case(s)

40. Walkie Talkies

41. Zip Lock Bags

42. Magic Eraser

43. Tide Stain Eraser

45. iPod/travel speakers

46. laptop

47. iGo charger (get tips for all your devices and carry only as a small base charging unit)

48. Clothes (casual/dress shirts, pants and skirts, formal , outfit(s) for X number of nights, undies, bras, swim suit, etc), shoes

49. Clorox wipes

50. books

Sun visor or baseball cap

needlepoint/cross stitch (if there are lots of sea days or long flights to/from)

To me, binoculars are only a "must" item in Alaska. Otherwise I'd only bring them if I had room.

OK, bag my prior list. I had crossed out 80% of what was on there, but it didn't stick!

6. Cruise Docs

11. Cell Phone

15. Suntan Lotion

16. Contact Phone Numbers (tours, airport, car service, family, etc) load on the cellphone plus a hard copy in case cellphone lost/stolen/damaged

30. Hand Sanitizer

33. Camera and charger

34. A small 1st aid kit

35. binoculars

36. 3 outlet plug in

44. Disposable underwater camera (if snorkelling)

45. iPod/travel speakers

46. laptop

48. Clothes (casual/dress shirts, pants and skirts, formal , outfit(s) for X number of nights, undies, bras, swim suit, etc), shoes

50. books

Sun visor or baseball cap

needlepoint/cross stitch (if there are lots of sea days or long flights to/from)

And the binoculars only in Alaska or if I happen to have a lot of room.

Cable Ties!!!!

It has been buggin' me . I knew they had a name. ....I am refering to my last post.

You can mix n match colors for added security.

Replace luggage locks with plastic "cable ties." If your checked bags are locked you need to wait for them to be either searched or scanned before you can leave the check-in area. If they are sealed with cable ties you can proceed as soon as they are left with TSA personnel. Additional tip: Buy unusually colored cable ties to discourage unauthorized opening of your bags. Potential thieves may have a supply of normal white ones, but they are unlikely to have Day-Glo orange cable ties.

Originally Posted by Janet Foster viewpost.gif

I always bring my own pillow and pillow case whenever we travel, even on a cruise! I have back issues and use a cervical pillow. I make sure it has a brightly colored pillowcase on it so I don't forget it. I use one of the big "zip lock" type bags, squeeze the air out and it is extremely flat. It goes in the front pocket of my 22" carry-on.

PLease excuse the highlights - I merely cut/pasted this from my email. This list was much larger, but I didn't feel the need for some items and deleted them: This is fairly accurate as the the list I use for my 15 day cruise - Yes, I washed items....

His Fanny Pack -

_____ travel documents (air tickets, cruise tickets, insurance forms)

_____ $ 320 cash ($200/$2s - $100/$20s - $20/$1 coins) **

_____ sleep mask

_____ chewing gum

_____ ear plugs ****

Her Fanny Pack -

_____ identity documents (passports, green card, drivers licenses)

_____ sleep mask

_____ luggage ties

** - Use the $2 bills[font=Times New Roman] and the (new, gold) [/font]$1 coins for various tips.

Camera Bag (small, belt type) -

_____ disposable cameras

_____ video camera

* - Put return address stickers on each film canister/camera

Walkman Pack (belt type) -

_____ CD/Cassette Walkman ®, w/adapter

_____ headphones

_____ DVD player/DVD’s

_____ batteries 5~AAA, 2~AA

First Aid Kit (pack in 3rd carry-on)* -

_____ Band-Aids ®

_____ adhesive tape (1", water resistant) soccer wrap

_____ duct tape

_____ alcohol prep-pads

_____ insect repellent (spray w/20-25% Deet)

_____ lip balm

_____ sun-block (SPF 30, or higher) / tanning lotions

_____ anti-diahrreal (Imodium AD ®, Pepto-Bismol ®, etc.)

_____ antacid (Tums ®, Rolaids ®, Phazyme ®, Pepcid AC ®, etc.)

_____ analgesic (Bayer ®, Tylenol ®, Bactine ®, etc.)

_____ decongestant (Nyquil ®, Dayquil ®, Benadryl ®, etc.)

_____ triple antibiotic cream (Bactracine ®, Myatracine ®, etc.)

1st Carry-On (small, travel size toiletries/personals) -

_____ her toothbrush

_____ his toothbrush

_____ toothpaste

_____ mouthwash

_____ dental floss

_____ razor w/extra blades

_____ bath soap

_____ anti-bacterial hand wash

_____ her deodorant

_____ his deodorant

_____ her perfumes

_____ his cologne

_____ shampoo

_____ conditioner

_____ combs/brushes

_____ hair ponies

_____ make-up

_____ small (thin) pack of moist baby wipes / Clorox wipes

_____ Q-Tips ®

_____ moisturizers

_____ vitamins / medications

2nd Carry-On

_____ * books/magazines

_____ * cell phone w/charger

_____ * flashlight

_____ * notebook/journal/diary

_____ * 4 pens

_____ * 2 rain gear

_____ * 2 pair sunglasses

_____ * headphones

_____ * playing cards

_____ * folding umbrella

_____ manila envelope, w/2 cardboard inserts (8.5"x11")

_____ 4 disposable underwater cameras

_____ nightlight

_____ power cord

_____ mesh laundry bag

_____ Duct Tape ®

_____ Post-It ® notes

_____ Zip-Lock ® bags

_____ 2 highlighters

_____ Super-Glue ®

* - Keep readily accessible in outer pocket(s).

3rd Carry-On (is packed in one of your large suitcases for the air portion of your travel) *-

_____ 1 blouse

_____ 1 pair shorts (hers)

_____ 1 pair panties

_____ 1 polo shirt (his)

_____ 1 pair shorts (his)

_____ 2 pair tennis shoes (1 each)

_____ 2 light jackets (1 each) white zip-up (M),

_____ 2 swimsuits (1 each)

_____ 2 pair underwear (1 each)

_____ 2 pair socks (1 each)

Large Suitcase #1 -

Their Stuff -

_____ 3rd Carry-on & Backpack

_____ 1 large cloth, duffle bag style suitcase (empty/folded) **

Her Stuff -

_____ 1 theme outfit (BLT, western, 50's, etc.), if applicable

_____ 1 swimsuit

_____ 1 set PJs/sleepwear (if applicable)

_____ 1 cap/hat/sun visor

_____ 1 semi-formal outfit

_____ 1 light blouse

_____ 1 pair shorts

_____ 1 pair casual slacks

_____ 2 brassieres

_____ 2-3 pair panties

_____ 1 pair casual shoes

_____ 2 pair athletic socks

_____ 1 pair swim shoes

His Stuff -

_____ 1 theme outfit (BLT, western, 50's, etc.), if applicable

_____ 1 swimsuit

_____ 1 belt (reversible)

_____ 1 set PJ/sleepwear (if applicable)

_____ 1 cap/hat/sun visor

_____ 2 dress shirts (1 formal)

_____ 2 polo shirts

_____ 1 T-shirt

_____ 1 pair slacks

_____ 2 pair shorts

_____ 1 undershirts

_____ 2-3 pair underwear

_____ 1 pair dark socks

_____ 1 pair light socks

_____ 1 pair athletic socks

_____ 1 pair loafers

_____ 1 pair swim shoes

Large Suitcase #2 -

Her Stuff -

_____ 1 semi-formal outfit

_____ 1 light blouse

_____ 1 pair shorts

_____ 1 pair casual slacks

_____ 2 brassieres

_____ 2-3 pair panties

_____ 1 pair sandals

His Stuff -

_____ 1 dress shirt

_____ 2 polo shirts

_____ 1 T-shirt

_____ 1 pair slacks

_____ 2 pair shorts

_____ 1 undershirt

_____ 2-3 pair underwear

_____ 1 pair dark socks

_____ 1 pair light socks

_____ 1 pair sandals

Garment Bag (shared) (with plastic/rubber coated wire hangers)-

_____ 2 formal outfits (hers) *

_____ 2 pair formal shoes (hers)

_____ 1 dress suit or blazer w/tie *

_____ 1 pair black dress shoes (his)

Address Labels - In addition to using return address labels on your disposable cameras and film containers, you're going to want to send snail-mail

Envelopes- The large (manila) envelope is for your on-board photos. Lord knows, they cost enough, and the last thing you need is to have them damaged. ***New tip, bring your documents in sheet protectors in a zipper binder - for quick access, then add your photos to the sheet protectors in the binder to take home - they won't get ruined or bent**

Flashlight - I use a Mini-Mag © flashlight. The 2 AA battery size

Nightlight - OK, your cabin will be unfamiliar and probably more than a little crowded.

Dry Cleaner Kit - Something new in the supermarket. Handy for emergency dry cleaning. Two good brands are: Dryell ® and Custom Cleaner ®.

Power Cords - Those extension cords with the built in circuit breaker. Try to get ones with at least a 6' cord.

Mesh Bags –

Duct tape - Invaluable for emergency repair of a torn suitcase or holding cabin curtains together.

BON VOYAGE!!!!!

1. Bungee Cords

2. Power Strip

3. Clothes Pins

4. Highlighters

5. Post it Notes

6. Cruise Docs

9. Portable Clock

10. Extra Duffle Bag

11. Cell Phone

12. Blender

13. Duct Tape

15. Suntan Lotion

20. Tall coffee sipper

21. Large bar of soap

22. Nightlight

23. Suction Hooks

24. Steamer/Iron

27. Notepad/Tape

29. Small box of kleenex

30. Hand Sanitizer

33. Camera and charger

34. A small 1st aid kit

35. binoculars

36. 3 outlet plug in

38. Pillow Case(s)

40. Walkie Talkies

41. Zip Lock Bags

42. Magic Eraser

43. Tide Stain Eraser

45. iPod/travel speakers

46. laptop

48. Clothes (casual/dress shirts, pants and skirts, formal outfit(s) for X number of nights, undies, bras, swim suit, etc)

49. Clorox wipes

50. books

51. Sun Visor/Baseball Cap

52. Needlepoint/Cross stitch (if there are lots of sea days or long flights to/from)

53. Return address labels (to put on luggage tags at the end of the cruise)

54. Sleep mask

55. Chewing gum

56. Ear plugs

57. Luggage ties

58. $320 cash ($200/$2s, $100/$1s, $20/$1 coins)

59. Video Camera

60. Disposable cameras

61. His/Her fanny pack

62. Camera bag (small, belt type)

63. Walkman Pack (belt type)

64. CD/cassette walkman

65. Headphones

66. DVD player/DVDs

67. Batteries - 5AAA and 2AA

68. Band-Aids

69. Adhesive Tape (1" water resistent)

70. Alcohol prep pads

71. Insect Repellant (spray w/20-25% Deet)

72. Lip balm

73. Tanning lotions

74. Anti - Diahrreal

75. Antacid

76. Analgesic

77. Decongestant

78. Triple Antibiotic Cream

79. His/Her toothbrush

80. toothpaste

81. mouthwash

82. Dental floss

83. Razor w/ extra blades

84. Antibacterial hand wash

85. His/Her deodorant

86. Her perfumes

87. His colognes

88. Shampoo/Conditioner

89. Combs/brushes

90. hair ponies

91. make up

92. small pack of baby wipes

93. Q Tips

94. Moisturizers

95. Vitamines/Medications

96. Magazines

97. Flashlight (Mini-Mag)

98. Notebook/journal/diary

99. 4 pens

100. Rain gear

101. Sungasses

102. Nightlight

103. Power cord

104. Mesh laundry bag

105. Super glue

106. His/Her theme outfit (BLT, western, 50s, etc)

107. Blouses

108. His/Her shorts

109. His/Her casual slacks

110. Athletic socks

111. Swim shoes

112. Reversable belt

113. His/Her semi formal outfit

114. polo shirts

115. His light/dark socks

116. 2 formal outfits (Hers)

117. 2 pair formal shoes (Hers)

118. Dress suit or blazer w/tie

119. His/Her PJ's/sleepwear

120. Dry cleaner kit

Anything else?

1. Bungee Cords

2. Power Strip

3. Clothes Pins

4. Highlighters

5. Post it Notes

6. Cruise Docs

9. Portable Clock

10. Extra Duffle Bag

11. Cell Phone

12. Blender

13. Duct Tape

15. Suntan Lotion

20. Tall coffee sipper

21. Large bar of soap

22. Nightlight

23. Suction Hooks

24. Steamer/Iron

27. Notepad/Tape

29. Small box of kleenex

30. Hand Sanitizer

33. Camera and charger

34. A small 1st aid kit

35. binoculars

36. 3 outlet plug in

38. Pillow Case(s)

40. Walkie Talkies

41. Zip Lock Bags

42. Magic Eraser

43. Tide Stain Eraser

45. iPod/travel speakers

46. laptop

49. Clorox wipes

50. books

51. Sun Visor/Baseball Cap

52. Needlepoint/Cross stitch (if there are lots of sea days or long flights to/from)

53. Return address labels (to put on luggage tags at the end of the cruise)

54. Sleep mask

55. Chewing gum

56. Ear plugs

57. Luggage ties

58. $320 cash ($200/$2s, $100/$1s, $20/$1 coins)

59. Video Camera

60. Disposable cameras

61. His/Her fanny pack

62. Camera bag (small, belt type)

63. Walkman Pack (belt type)

64. CD/cassette walkman

65. Headphones

66. DVD player/DVDs

67. Batteries - 5AAA and 2AA

68. Band-Aids

69. Adhesive Tape (1" water resistent)

70. Alcohol prep pads

71. Insect Repellant (spray w/20-25% Deet)

72. Lip balm

73. Tanning lotions

74. Anti - Diahrreal

75. Antacid

76. Analgesic

77. Decongestant

78. Triple Antibiotic Cream

79. His/Her toothbrush

80. toothpaste

81. mouthwash

82. Dental floss

83. Razor w/ extra blades

84. Antibacterial hand wash

85. His/Her deodorant

86. Her perfumes

87. His colognes

88. Shampoo/Conditioner

89. Combs/brushes

90. hair ponies

91. make up

92. small pack of baby wipes

93. Q Tips

94. Moisturizers

95. Vitamines/Medications

96. Magazines

97. Flashlight (Mini-Mag)

98. Notebook/journal/diary

99. 4 pens

100. Rain gear

101. Sungasses

102. Nightlight

103. Power cord

104. Mesh laundry bag

105. Super glue

106. His/Her theme outfit (BLT, western, 50s, etc)

107. Blouses

108. His/Her shorts

109. His/Her casual slacks

110. Athletic socks

111. Swim shoes

112. Reversable belt

113. His/Her semi formal outfit

114. polo shirts

115. His light/dark socks

116. 2 formal outfits (Hers)

117. 2 pair formal shoes (Hers)

118. Dress suit or blazer w/tie

119. His/Her PJ's/sleepwear

120. Dry cleaner kit

Anything else?

Hi! We always take some thank you notes or cards and a few small boxes or bags of candy or maybe Bath and Body Works for ladies or if the men can't eat candy something small like a gift card, or special nuts or other treat. We use these for special cabin stewards, special waitstaff, maitreD, and any other crew member that gives us extra fine service. You know the kind that you feel like you know them like family after a day or two. My daughter and I love to sit on the promenade or on deck and write special notes to them. Be sure to include your email address, you may hear from them! What we take doesn't take up much space, and it sure has put smiles on a lot of faces of people that work so hard to make our cruise special! Happy Cruising!:)

Archived