Conquest backwards?

TexanCrew

Yep! Musta been windy this AM. That's OK, we'll get to see the big turn this afternoon.

We'll have to keep an eye out to see that...make sure no one dings her up before our trip next week!

Might not have a thing to do with wind. Often times maintenance is performed while docked by a maintenance barge, they may have needed access to the starboard side for painting cleaning.

Or it could possibly be Immigration check like we experienced on our return in Oct. All of the crew has to get off the ship & go thru Customs. It creates a nightmare for passengers trying to get off the ship. :mad:

Or it could possibly be Immigration check like we experienced on our return in Oct. All of the crew has to get off the ship & go thru Customs. It creates a nightmare for passengers trying to get off the ship. :mad:

Why does this require the ship to park backwards?

They have the same number of doors on each side, why would that matter?

Ya know I am always confused when folks ask "Which side of the ship best for 1) site seeing 2) coming in to port etc." We have "parked" both ways, starboard one time, port next. Heck I even think the Captain backed in one time:eek: ;) I think its Captains choice which way to put the ship next to that pier and he decides as he comes into port.

Ya know I am always confused when folks ask "Which side of the ship best for 1) site seeing 2) coming in to port etc." We have "parked" both ways, starboard one time, port next. Heck I even think the Captain backed in one time:eek: ;) I think its Captains choice which way to put the ship next to that pier and he decides as he comes into port.

Exactly!!! I always chuckle about people that insist of booking a port room on the conquest in order to have the channel view while docked - they will be the ones boarding today...:p

Dood;

I had to chuckle too about one Hawaii review. The lady had her panties all twisted cause she specifically booked whichever balcony room so they could see the volcano lava. Well by the time she "realized" they were going by it she was on the wrong side of the ship. She went on and on about not being able to see it. I was thinking, "Well, why didn't she go up on deck (AFT) so she could have seen it from either side?"

We were already at the aft bar, so we were good to go. Most spectacular site on any cruise we have been on!

Of course being the polite person I am (Like you) I did not comment on her review.:p

Is that actually the Conquest? That doesn't look like a Carnival funnel at all! You can't really see the top of it' date=' but it just doesn't look right, even considering it's a back view.[/quote']

...because you can't see the whole funnel, the wings are above the camera, the lighting is funny right now, but earlier you could read "Carnival Conquest" across the back - it is most definitely her.

Is that actually the Conquest? That doesn't look like a Carnival funnel at all! You can't really see the top of it' date=' but it just doesn't look right, even considering it's a back view.[/quote']

Yes, the big black letters reading CARNIVAL CONQUEST were my first clue, but they were more legible on the webcam earlier this morning. I guess that like most ladies, she looks very different from the back than from the front.

They have the same number of doors on each side, why would that matter?

Not sure it has anything to do with it. I just know that was the case when we arrived back in port. It could possibly be a signal to the workers onboard that they must grab their Passports & go thru Customs.

Yes, foggy conditions or other reasons like late arrival could also be the reason.

Yes, the big black letters reading CARNIVAL CONQUEST were my first clue, but they were more legible on the webcam earlier this morning. I guess that like most ladies, she looks very different from the back than from the front.

:D Too funny!

I just knew that if I came to CC I'd find a post when I saw her in there backwards.

My question is.............Is she really backwards? or is she actually forwards?:p

Archived