What do you get with your suite?

Vaca2006

Suites, even the higher-end ones, on Carnival are so much more afforable than the suites on other cruise lines. So I have to ask: do you get anything with the suite other than extra space in the room and the veranda? What perks and privileges accompany a penthouse or other types of suite on a Carnival ship?

Lee

We sailed in a category 11 suite on the Triumph for 7 days to Eastern Caribbean. We had a whirlpool bathtub with shower, nice vanity area with extra mirrors, drawers, and electrical outlets, refrigerator, VCR (no DVD though), and a nice sitting area (that works great for suitcases). The location on the ship was nice too since it was just a few steps to the elevator, and then just one floor up to the main outdoor pool and buffet area. This is very nice in the mornings to get quick coffee and pastries after waking up. You can grab them quickly and head back to the cabin to enjoy on your balcony! I was expecting a little bigger balcony than what we got. I've had problems with warm cabins before, but not in this cat 11 suite. It was very cool. And of course, you get priority embarkation. I'm hooked on "suite" cruising. I booked a cat 11 suite for later this month on the Fantasy. I hope it is as nice as what we had on the Triumph.

Hope this helps you make your decision.

The main difference is in the amenities in the room itself.

there are two sinks in the bathroom, and a bathtub/whirlpool/shower combo (reg. cabins just have a shower), usually two TV's and and a VCR, a bar area, more storage, nicer lighting, a dressing area, and just nicer appointments all around. It's the difference between a Hilton room and a Budget Inn room. Slightly larger balcony, but not much... well, a Cat 12 balcony is noticeably larger.

The rooms are more pleasing aesthetically, and a little handier. But, nothing necessary...

(I used one of the sinks as a cooler, actually... those room refrigerators are just not cold enough!)

We sailed in a category 11 suite on the Triumph for 7 days to Eastern Caribbean. We had a whirlpool bathtub with shower, nice vanity area with extra mirrors, drawers, and electrical outlets, refrigerator, VCR (no DVD though), and a nice sitting area (that works great for suitcases). The location on the ship was nice too since it was just a few steps to the elevator, and then just one floor up to the main outdoor pool and buffet area. This is very nice in the mornings to get quick coffee and pastries after waking up. You can grab them quickly and head back to the cabin to enjoy on your balcony! I was expecting a little bigger balcony than what we got. I've had problems with warm cabins before, but not in this cat 11 suite. It was very cool. And of course, you get priority embarkation. I'm hooked on "suite" cruising. I booked a cat 11 suite for later this month on the Fantasy. I hope it is as nice as what we had on the Triumph.

Hope this helps you make your decision.

We will be staying in a cat. 11 on the Triump, this April.

Do you have any pictures you can share?

Thanks,

Maddie

Archived