Odd question

Hi--

I know this is a weird question, but bear with me:

For europe cruises, what are the demographics of the ship? Where are most people from? What is the main language spoken on the ship? How can I guarantee that my waiters/watiresses are going to speak english? Are the excursions in english?

How is all of that sorted out?

Thanks

On our 3 cruises in Europe 70-80 from North America(us and canada) many from Uk

Language spoken is English, with a few announcements in other languages.

Tours are done in English.

Almost everyone even in the ports speak english, problem with our country is we do not learn another language

I think it would depend on the ship you are sailing. If you are sailing a ship that usually sails out of the US at other times of the year, English will certainly be the main language spoken. It would probably be different if you are sailing on a European line.

If you research tour companies, you will find many in Europe that will have English speaking guides. I've been doing this quite a bit since we've started our quest for a Italy/Croatia cruise in 2008.

Finally, visit the Europe board here, I've been reading and learning a lot lately. So much my eyes start to spin :)

Have fun planning!

I think that it leans north American in the summer and more Eropean in the shoulder season.

They don't hire a whole new staff for Europe so your waiter is as likely to speak English as they are here. Much of the RCL wait staff is Eurpoean, anyway, as well as being from other countries.

On our 3 cruises in Europe 70-80 from North America(us and canada) many from Uk

Language spoken is English, with a few announcements in other languages.

Tours are done in English.

Almost everyone even in the ports speak english, problem with our country is we do not learn another language

I don't think that would make the top 20 in my list of problems with this country.

Besides, it's a different situation in North America than Europe. I can go from Miami to Anchorage and San Diego to New Brunswick and have English be the main language. If Europeans could travel from Lisbon to Moscow, and Oslo to Ankara and have everybody speak the same language, their language skills wouldn't be any better than ours.

Archived