***LIVE*** From the Carnival Freedom

blackegg

Wondering how Camp Carnival has been on this ship?

We will be traveling with our son 5 and another couple who has 2 girls 3 and 7.

So if anyone gets the capers please let me know!!

Thanks!

bp traveler, beckah has scanned the Capers from her Freedom cruise and you can view them here:

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r16/bekahking/

I bookmarked it, so for once I didn't have to go browsing through page after page of this thread to find it!

o.k. you guys we see you sunning yourselves, you know who you are... are you going to be the ones who let the rest of us down and not keep up this thread:eek: please please fill us in on how the crew and ship has settled in now that this road has been traveled a few times. let us know the good the bad and the ugly and best of all be sure to tell us how much fun you're having so we can eat our hearts out thanks:D

Caneguy - We had no trouble finding phone calling cards at stores in port. You insert the card into the phone, dial 001, area code and number. Very easy. We bought the 5 Euro card and I think we got about 15 minutes of talk time.

We bought one in Rome and I intended to use it at the phones right where the ship was docked in Civitavecchia. But when we got back to the ship, those phones were very old and did not have the slot for the phone card. Luckily, our tour guide let me us his phone to call home, and we still have the unused phone card to use next trip.

Sharonsorlie- the buses were pretty large about the size of a greyhound, so you shouldn't have trouble getting in the same group. I would have the first person in your group see if you can start a new number and explain that you'd like to stay together. They'll work with you, I'm sure. And if they don't, then start trading numbers with people once you're in the door so that you all get on the same bus.

Caneguy - my DH and I have cingular which was $.99/minute to use our everyday cell phones from Italy. Call cingular international if that's your carrier and talk to them about it. T-mobile also has good rates; Verizon and Sprint aren't good - they use a different network than Europe.

BPTraveler - The closest place to the port was inside the train station - there is a coffee shop, convenient store combo. There may be other places, but that's where we always stopped. And I had no trouble taking water and wine and liqueur onboard in each and every port. Didn't try beer, but I'm sure that's no different.

Caneguy - In the dining room, the food was well prepared and presented and tasted good, BUT (except for the soups) it was not hot, barely lukewarm. The soups were always nice and hot and delicious. This unfortunately, detracted somewhat from the meals. In talking to others on our sailing, I tried to figure out what made the difference - many complained of food not being hot while others said their food was hot. It didn't seem to matter which dining room (Chic or Posh) or which seating (early or late). So just hope you are at a table that gets your food hot.

BPTraveler - We brought on water and wine from most ports and had no trouble. We did bring a large six pack of water from Rome for embarkation day. We had it wrapped in duck tape and put a Carnival luggage tag on it. It was our only piece of "luggage" that did not make it to our room. Apparently, someone else got it and enjoyed it.

flchelsea - The beds were very comfortable. We did not need an egg crate so didn't ask for one. The comforter/duvets and sheets are sumptuous, very nice.

Anne, the egg crate is a foam waffled pad that you put under the mattress pad or sheet to make the bed soft and more comfortable. We have one at home here to use on our sofabed. It's kinda waffled and looks like an egg crate. As I said, the mattress on Freedom was quite comfortable and we did not need this.

Sharonsorlie- the buses were pretty large about the size of a greyhound, so you shouldn't have trouble getting in the same group. I would have the first person in your group see if you can start a new number and explain that you'd like to stay together. They'll work with you, I'm sure. And if they don't, then start trading numbers with people once you're in the door so that you all get on the same bus.

Caneguy - my DH and I have cingular which was $.99/minute to use our everyday cell phones from Italy. Call cingular international if that's your carrier and talk to them about it. T-mobile also has good rates; Verizon and Sprint aren't good - they use a different network than Europe.

BPTraveler - The closest place to the port was inside the train station - there is a coffee shop, convenient store combo. There may be other places, but that's where we always stopped. And I had no trouble taking water and wine and liqueur onboard in each and every port. Didn't try beer, but I'm sure that's no different.

Bekah

I am planning on going to the pursers desk soon as we board - I have a list and room number of all of us that want to go together - do you think they will accomodate us?

You can try - if they aren't the ones to help, maybe they can point you in the right direction! You might hit up the shore excursion desk instead of the purser's desk if it's open - they would probably have a few more strings to pull to get you on the same bus come excursion day.

As for our food, it was always just right - our meals were steamy when they put the plate in front of us. We sat in Posh at 8:30. Although I didn't bring back any pictures of menus, zydeocruiser posted pictures of menus from the 9 day sailing. Hope that helps!

We are a group of 8 leaving on April 19th. Just wondered what the temperature was like in most of the ports on this April 7 cruise. Our packing is going well, but it would be nice to hear that the temps were a little warmer than the mid 60's!!

see you should have gone on the may 13, cruise with us seminoles, we are so knocked down by now you could have had some fun with us...o.k. so my granddaughter dates a gator mixed marriage comming:D good thoughts comming from tallahassee let us know how the cruise was when you get back on this site

Hello Freedom "Flyers".....quick request. Has anyone got a picture of the Dynasty room the ship? My daughter will be married there and we wanted to see a picture if anyone has one.

Thanks.....hope you all had a wonderful time.....can't wait. We sail 7/24!

Lori

cruisinqueen:

Not sure I've seen a photo of that particular room. This on carnival.com website:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/Promos/freedom/freedom_media_gallery.aspx

has a tiny, tiny, tiny (did I say tiny?) glimpse. One little photo, but it's better than nothing! Looks nice -- I'm sure your daughter's wedding will be beautiful!

Oh....I forgot to mention....the ten thumbnail photos at the left hand side of the page....the Dynasty Lounge is the fourth pic down from the top, in the second column. Click on it and it will show in the larger image area in the center of the page.

Archived