Carnival Past Guest

cruiser05

On my last cruise, I received my "Past Guest" Party invite as usual. Much to my surprise tucked inside my invitation was a voucher from the Purser's Office for my cabinmate (2nd cruise, but first Carnival) to attend with me. When we arrived to the party, they actually checked the invititation (a first for me as well...usually they just take it and toss it in the box without a second glance). They collected the voucher from my friend. We sat with a mom and daughter pair during the party. While chatting, the number of cruises each of us had taken came up. The mother had cruised several times, but it was the daughter's first cruise. They were sharing a cabin and received a voucher for the daughter to attend with the mother.

This is the first time I've had this happen. Usually, if I'm crusing with someone and they aren't "repeaters" they find something to do while I and my usual cruise buddy head off to the party. We don't "sneak them in". I told my friend she was darn lucky to have been included.

The little box that asks the question "Past Carnival Guest?" should be checked when filling out the forms Carnival sends (part of your docs). Everything should be filled out before leaving home - not at the pier during check-in.

Even though every booking agent should note past guest status, there are some who simply forget to do so. The box should be checked, as requested.:)

If you fill out your Fun Pass info online in advance, there will be no box to check when you get your docs. IF (and this is a big IF) the Carnival website is working properly and recognizes you as a past guest when you are doing the Fun Pass, that's all you need to do to get invited to the past guest party. When I filled out the Fun Pass for 12 of the 13 of us who cruised on the Glory in May, the system only recognized some of us as past guests and would not allow the rest of us to indicate that we were also past guests. Carnival advised me to visit the purser's desk once onboard, which I did. I took a list of all our names and past guest numbers with me to the purser's desk shortly after boarding, and they said they'd take care of it. They didn't. Of the 13 of us, 7 were invited (2 were NOT even past guests, and we hadn't told Carnival they were), and the other 6 were not invited. We had to go BACK to the purser's desk the day of the party and wait while they printed the invitations for us. To mix up things even further, some of us got invitations to the 3:45 party and the rest were invited to the 5:00 party. We all went to the 5:00 party -- they never looked at the invitations we handed them. Not really a big deal, just a minor annoyance, but I drank enough champagne to make it worth my while. ;)

Certainly not. The last two that I have been to were held mid-late afternoon (after sailaway) on a port day. "Resort casual" was the dressiest that I saw.

On the flip side....The ones I've been to have been held in the evening - just prior to early dinner - or between dining times, so dress was whatever you were wearing for dinner.

You just never know when or where the party will be held, but you'll have a day's notice.:)

Archived