Snorkeling in Cozmuel

I've never saw any snorkles in the shops. I bring my own. We've bought our gear from walmart and sam's club with great success. We did a ship excursion in '06 for a reef snorkle and went to Chankaanab on our own and shore snorkled feb '07. Chankaanab was far superior. Have a great cruise!:)

Ann,

My wife and I did the Unlimited Beach Snorkel in Cozumel this past February. Since I had never snorkeled before I thought this would be a good way to give it a try. I can't remember the name of the company operating the tour, but they had several other tours they were hosting as well.

Most of the group had never snorkeled before. Our guide was very friendly and knowledgeable, and he really took the time to make sure everyone was outfitted correctly before heading out. They provided all the gear, and it was in very good condition as well. Even though we stayed fairly close to shore, we saw a surprisingly high number of fish. We even saw a small Barracuda!

After a trip up and down the beach we were given the option of continuing to snorkel or relaxing at their little beach. Unfortunately we had to leave to catch another excursion, but I would have gladly stayed and snorkeled more.

I would HIGHLY recommend this excursion to anyone who has never snorkeled before. On our stop in Grand Cayman they just gave us some worn out equipment and sent you on your way...not the way for beginners to take their first snorkel in my opinion.

We have done the Fury Catamaran sail and beach 10 times. I love it. Great snorkeling and they take underwater pix of you to buy - open bar (: and then they take you to a great beach to float on a mat/volleyball/drink some more! They are professional and it is a great tour. Cozumel is the BEST!:D

Hey,

FYI...they do sell snorkel stuff on the ships which is reasonably priced. BUY YOUR OWN SNORKEL! You don't have to buy the mask and fins...but just buy a snorkel! I'm not a germaphobe or anything but I've heard too many people getting sick, mouth sores, etc. and they all went snorkeling. I just don't trust the "bucket of sanitizer" that "cleans" those mouth pieces.

Now that I got that out of the way....If they Unlimited Snorkel goes to Chanknaab park...GO! We didnt do the excursion, we just took a cab for $10 total and paid to get in the park ($16) and it was GREAT! Just got back from our cruise on Saturday!

Have fun! I'm jealous!

Try EagleRayDivers.com

SMall boats, groups of 4 to 8. Very personalized. Owned by a lady from Arkansas and her husband (mexican).

We never miss with them. Multiple snorkeling locations, they tailor the locales to the group. One on one assistance. Price is very, very reasonable. Take a cab to their pier ($6.00 for the whole cab).

Chellie is wonderful to work with!

Try EagleRayDivers.com

SMall boats, groups of 4 to 8. Very personalized. Owned by a lady from Arkansas and her husband (mexican).

We never miss with them. Multiple snorkeling locations, they tailor the locales to the group. One on one assistance. Price is very, very reasonable. Take a cab to their pier ($6.00 for the whole cab).

Chellie is wonderful to work with!

I second this recommendation. Our group had 6 total snorkelers. We made three snorkeling stops and a stop for lunch on a local beach.

What tour did you do in Grand Cayman....so I can avoid it???

Thanks,

Ann,

My wife and I did the Unlimited Beach Snorkel in Cozumel this past February. Since I had never snorkeled before I thought this would be a good way to give it a try. I can't remember the name of the company operating the tour, but they had several other tours they were hosting as well.

Most of the group had never snorkeled before. Our guide was very friendly and knowledgeable, and he really took the time to make sure everyone was outfitted correctly before heading out. They provided all the gear, and it was in very good condition as well. Even though we stayed fairly close to shore, we saw a surprisingly high number of fish. We even saw a small Barracuda!

After a trip up and down the beach we were given the option of continuing to snorkel or relaxing at their little beach. Unfortunately we had to leave to catch another excursion, but I would have gladly stayed and snorkeled more.

I would HIGHLY recommend this excursion to anyone who has never snorkeled before. On our stop in Grand Cayman they just gave us some worn out equipment and sent you on your way...not the way for beginners to take their first snorkel in my opinion.

Archived