Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

Any going on the Jan 21-26 Fantasy from NOLA??? We have a group of 6 couples booked for this one.

We'll just miss you - we booked on the 17th - two couples cruising WITHOUT kids for the first time. We just didn't want to leave them for 5 days, so we went with the 4 day. Hope you guys have a blast - we'll take good care of the ship for you ;)

Thanks for the reply---maybe you can let me know just what to expect when you return. This is our 3rd Carnival cruise, but first for Fantasy. Our first cruise was Celebration & then Conquest. My travel agent tells me that Fantasy is about midway between the 2 in size. We really liked Celebration better than Conquest---not as big!!!!

Thanks for the reply---maybe you can let me know just what to expect when you return. This is our 3rd Carnival cruise, but first for Fantasy. Our first cruise was Celebration & then Conquest. My travel agent tells me that Fantasy is about midway between the 2 in size. We really liked Celebration better than Conquest---not as big!!!!

We just returned from the Fantasy last week - our third time on her. I posted a review on this board - titles Just back from Fantasy, brief review. There's a lot of good information on that thread. We love the Fantasy and I also think the Fantasy class ships are a perfect size. I found Holiday/Celebration TOO SMALL, and while I love the Conquest I like the size of the Fantasy better. It feels less crowded to me, and with the exception of the Supper Club and Sur Mer (the fish and chips place) the Fantasy has everything the Conquest has. I think you'll love the Fantasy too!

We'll just miss you - we booked on the 17th - two couples cruising WITHOUT kids for the first time. We just didn't want to leave them for 5 days, so we went with the 4 day. Hope you guys have a blast - we'll take good care of the ship for you ;)

I'd like to get on the ROLL Call for Jan 21, 2008 Fantasy. Can you tell me how that works???? Thanks

I'd like to get on the ROLL Call for Jan 21, 2008 Fantasy. Can you tell me how that works???? Thanks

All you have to do is go to the Carnival Roll call section of the site and look for one with Jan 21st in the title. If there is not one, you will have to make one and hope people show up :)

So far nobody has shown up for the Jan 31st cruise yet.

All you have to do is go to the Carnival Roll call section of the site and look for one with Jan 21st in the title. If there is not one, you will have to make one and hope people show up :)

So far nobody has shown up for the Jan 31st cruise yet.

Thanks so much Mariemorgan---I did find one :)

Does anyone know which of the two dining rooms the 6:15pm seating is assigned to? Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide on the dining room assignments for the four different seatings.

That would be the Celebration Dining Room, midship.

Does anyone know which of the two dining rooms the 6:15pm seating is assigned to? Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide on the dining room assignments for the four different seatings.

The second seating at 6:15 is in the Celebration Dining Room, which is located Atlantic deck, mid-ship. The later seating is at 8:30. The 5:45 and the 8:00 seatings are in the Jubilee Dining Room, Atlantic deck, aft.

Which dining room is better? Or doesn't it matter?

You'll sometimes feel some vibration in the Jubilee, but it never bothers me. If you think that might bother you, go with the Celebration. I recommend 5:45 in the Jubilee for anyone with kids, because it corresponds well with the Camp Carnival activities which begin at 7 PM (and the Camp Carnival dinner begins at 5:45 also, 2 decks directly above Jubilee).

Which dining room is better? Or doesn't it matter?

I like the aft dining room for the view, but I think the biggest drawback to the 800 and 830 pm seatings is that you will miss some of the activity in the Universe Lounge, that is not repeated. Also, at least for me, because I'm not a late nighter type and can't stay awake for late night shows or midnight buffets, I choose the 545 or 615 seatings.

That would be the Celebration Dining Room, midship.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. We've had seatings in the rear dining rooms of the Celebration and Inspiration, and the vibrations from the engines and propellers were quite noticeable at times. We had the mid-ship dining room on the Conquest and felt no vibrations.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. We've had seatings in the rear dining rooms of the Celebration and Inspiration, and the vibrations from the engines and propellers were quite noticeable at times. We had the mid-ship dining room on the Conquest and felt no vibrations.

I've noticed this on the Celebration, Holiday, Sensation, AND Fantasy. We always end up in the aft dining room, towards the BACK of the dining room, and we sort of vibrate our way through dinner ;) Perhaps it aids in digestion.... But we requested 6:15 dining for our January cruise, and got a midship stateroom, so it will be nice to have a calmer dinner this time around!

We just returned from the Fantasy last week - our third time on her. I posted a review on this board - titles Just back from Fantasy, brief review. There's a lot of good information on that thread. We love the Fantasy and I also think the Fantasy class ships are a perfect size. I found Holiday/Celebration TOO SMALL, and while I love the Conquest I like the size of the Fantasy better. It feels less crowded to me, and with the exception of the Supper Club and Sur Mer (the fish and chips place) the Fantasy has everything the Conquest has. I think you'll love the Fantasy too!

Welcome back....sorry to hear about your Mom's illness. Your wife kept us posted.

BTW< are hubby and I the only ones who use the same ID??? Hubby started this years ago and then "delegated it" to his secretary (me) to keep up to date on cruise info and once I got hooked on Cruise Critic....I told him to get his own ID. Now he says he does not post enough to have his own ID ...so I at least make him put "Mr" on his. It is true he rarely posts, but we clearly do not think alike about some things and it bugs me!!

Is there a past guest party on the 5 Day Cruise (Fantasy)? We are sailing October 15th.

We're on the October 15th cruise also dipper77! Have you checked out our thread on the Carnival Fantasy Roll Call Forum?

Can you tell me what night it will be? Where will it be held? Also, are you allowed to take a guest with you if they are not a past guest?

The 9/17 sailing had the past guest party last night. I don't know if that's how it always is, but I'll be finding out if they do it the same night on this sailing. It was held in the big show lounge. The invitations we got only had our names on them...not "and guest" like I have seen in the past.

I'm signing off now...we're sailing down the river. I need to start getting ready for dinner!

Oh! One last thing. For anyone considering a b2b on Fantasy... We received a letter prior to the last night instructing is to meet at the Pursar's Desk at 10 this morning. One of the staff behind the desk walked is off and brought us right back on after we had our passports looked at in the terminal. We were handed our new cards onboard and took our pics for them right in the lobby. After that we roamed the empty ship. It was nice to be able to see it so quiet for a little while!

Talk with y'all next week!

You got it! If you give me one pair of closest to closest doors I can figure them all out. Thanks!!!! I'm not in U151 but my sister and brother-in-law are. It's their first cruise and I'm just hoping I didn't get them next to a loud equiprment closet. We already figured out that the laundry room is on the port side.

U145/149 are together then U153/155

Dave

Just curious for those that have been onboard the FANTASY in OCTOBER ...

Is the weather HOT ? :cool:

If you're referring to New Orleans, we've been averaging in the mid to upper 80's during the last couple of weeks. That's actually a COOL wave for us since just a month ago we were sweating in the high 90's! As far as the Caribbean goes, it's always hot down there!

Archived