Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

There are 2 launderettes on Fantasy. One is on Upper deck kind of by the middle elevators. I had used this one, but it was hard to find at first. Be sure you look up, they have signs suspended from the ceiling that will point you in the right direction. There is also one on Empress deck all the way forward. It's kind of by the housekeeping office.

It costs $2 to wash and the same to dry just FYI. The machines are front loading and they take quarters only. There is a vending machine for detergent and fabric softener. I brought my own along in a zip loc bag so I don't know what they cost.

Bring a book if you want to stay while your clothes are in the machines. This was by far the most boring room onboard! LOL And there isn't anything to sit on.

There are a couple of irons in each of the launderettes. You can probably skip the book if you are only ironing! :p

Thanks,

I mostly want to do ironing, I am on the upper deck, so that will be great!

We are going on Fantasy Dec 10 2007 and my grandkids wants to do the Dophin thing in Chankanaab Park. What is the best way for 5 adults to get to the park from the ship and has most of it been built back?

The easiest way is to take a taxi. Most of it has been restored. If you go to http://www.cozumelinsider.com you can get a coupon for $2pp off the entrance fee.

Dave

I am taking my children and grandkids on there first cruise they have always had to watch us go. Do you think they will like it for a first cruise? I see you have been on the Fantasy alot.

Thanks

My six year old usually does not want to eat supper with us as she is having so much fun in Camp Carnival. They can eat as a group. My 12yo (soon to be 13) is getting boy crazy. She has been enjoying Camp Carnival as a way to meet other kids onboard.

On the Fantasy, Camp Carnival is located on Deck 9 Promenade towards the rear of the ship. It is to the right of the Majestic Bar.

The Fantasy class ships are an excellant size ship to be their first cruise. Large enough to awe them but small enough to where it is easy to learn how to get around.

Dave

We just got back yesterday; parking was $70 at the dock. It was very convenient and well protected. If anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer... it was our first cruise, and we enjoyed every second of it!

josie1968... not a local but have been there recently before our group of 10 departed on the Fantasy 9/27..

Recommend the Redfish Grill 115 Bourbon St

http://www.redfishgrill.com/

Excellent selections - fresh - reasonable prices for New Orleans better dining options... Web site has a section for menu choices.

josie1968... not a local but have been there recently before our group of 10 departed on the Fantasy 9/27..

Recommend the Redfish Grill 115 Bourbon St

http://www.redfishgrill.com/

Excellent selections - fresh - reasonable prices for New Orleans better dining options... Web site has a section for menu choices.

Redfish Grill is one of my favorite restaurants, but it's pricey. Another greatplace which is quite a bit cheaper is Gumbo Shop - it's on St. Peters to the left of the St. Louis Cathedral, right behind Jackson Square. The Combination Platter is incredible, and I think it's only $10.95. Skip dessert and head to Cafe du Monde for beignets!

Susan

We just got back from St Maarteen and Liquor there was cheaper than on the ship. Can you buy it cheap in Cozumel?

If you go to COVI on 30 Ave and 2nd St. They are one of the distibutors for the island. One thing a lot of folks are not aware of is that the ship will price match if they carry the exact same thing. Take a photo of the bottle and price, make sure you include the size of the bottle in the photo. This way you do not have to lug the bottles around.

Dave

We are from Northern Kentucky, how about you?

You aren't part of the wedding group on the ship are you?

What kind of rate did you get for the hotel? How long are you staying pre-cruise?

We are from Arkansas. No, not part of a wedding party but we will have 35 people in total. We got a $119 group rate. We will be staying Saturday and Sunday nights. You?

I think you should call back and ask for the promo rate, or if anyone in your group is over 50 there is senior rate.

We have a total of 5 rooms the king rooms are 71.99 and the double rooms are only 62.99, this is for Sunday night only. Can't hurt to ask.

What are you doing in Progresso? We haven't found anything that appeals to us yet.

Archived