Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

That is sad that you had a bad cruise. I leave at the end of April... I intend to have a good time no matter what! I've already made the conscious decision to have FUN! I'm going on a girls getaway with a friend from college and we can NOT wait.... And, if worse comes to worse, a few cocktails tend to help make any experience a good time! : )

We were on the March 8th sailing also and it was definitely lacking a bit. The food just didn't seem up to par, both in the dining room and on lido, compared to when we sailed last summer. We were in a Cat. 12 suite and the room was definitely in need of rehab and some elbow grease. Service was superior, as always.

I'm thinking it was just an off week, hopefully. I'm sure the spring break crowd can be a drain on all the crew.

The weather was a bit chilly the first and last days, but this has been a lousy winter all the way around. The seas were mostly calm and smooth sailing.

We had a great cruise despite all the little negatives. I'm sure all those on upcoming sailings will have a great time too :D

Oh, could you tell me how the weather was and the seas on your cruise? Good Luck on your next vaca and I'll post my review when I get back ;)

It was a little chilly leaving New Orleans but the next day at sea, it started to warm up and was nice the rest of the cruise. Seas were calm for us but you might check out http://magicseaweed.com/Gulf-Coast-MSW-Surf-Charts/9/swell/in/ and see if you may need to consider a seasick remedy for any certian day.

BTW, we booked 2 Cat 12 suites and I guess that is part of what made me so mad. That said they were the least expensive suites we ever booked so again, I just felt we got what we paid for. Our friends had better service with their inside cabin on the upper deck.

I really hope that anyone with an upcoming cruise will be able to say better things about the Fantasy than I am able to.

I leave on Fantasy in less than 8 weeks for my third time. Can't wait to get back on the ship. No, it's not the newest or nicest ship, but always a good time & FUN ship.

One more month to go for me, and I can't wait!!! I love the Fantasy and can't get enough of those fabulous 5 day cruises. They always leave me wanting more. We'll be sailing the Fantasy yet again in October.

I was on the 3-8 sailing from NO, and we had a great time!!!! I do agree that the food in the dining room was not as good as last year, but we still loved the Lido deck and pizza. My room was well taken care of and totally organized, but the friends I was traveling with did not have a good experience. Yes, it was a spring break cruise, but I love to sit back and watch the college kids work their magic!!!! We still love the Fantasay and will be cruising again next year. I too am looking foward to the dry dock. The best part about Carnival is the laid back atmosphere. I've cruised other lines, and Carnival is the best to me. Don't worry about cruising the Fantasy. It's all in what you make it!!:)

arm2msm, when in April are you going? We are leaving April 5 with a small crew from the rollcall. If this is the same date for you then please join us on the rollcall as we're feeling lonely over there! Michelle

april 19th. have to wait until tax season is over to leave. but am leaving as soon as my tax season is over. can't wait

I was on the 3-8 sailing from NO, and we had a great time!!!! I do agree that the food in the dining room was not as good as last year, but we still loved the Lido deck and pizza. My room was well taken care of and totally organized, but the friends I was traveling with did not have a good experience. Yes, it was a spring break cruise, but I love to sit back and watch the college kids work their magic!!!! We still love the Fantasay and will be cruising again next year. I too am looking foward to the dry dock. The best part about Carnival is the laid back atmosphere. I've cruised other lines, and Carnival is the best to me. Don't worry about cruising the Fantasy. It's all in what you make it!!:)

Thanks!!! Can't wait! 37 days, 1 hr, 36 min til vacation!!! Spending 2 days in New Orleans before we leave - during Jazz Festival too! Any suggestions on what to do in NO are welcome!

Thanks!!! Can't wait! 37 days, 1 hr, 36 min til vacation!!! Spending 2 days in New Orleans before we leave - during Jazz Festival too! Any suggestions on what to do in NO are welcome!

Check here for NOLA info. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Lots of locals post there & will answer any questions.

We'll see you there! My first Platinum cruise, and I can't wait!!!

This will be mine and my husbands 2nd cruise on carnival. how many cruises to you have to do to become Platinum. we are staying in V22 not sure how that will go being high up... is this better or worse.

we are staying the day before and the day after in NO...:D I love NO. there is so much to do. wonderful shops great food.. just be prepared to walk a lot. but it is worth it. IMO;)

Seems I have the opposite concern. I previously sailed Victory with a cabin on Lido deck and was worried I wouldn't like anything lower. This time on Fantasy I booked Riviera deck but was upgraded to Empress deck. Actually, I'm not too concerned, I'll be floatin' on the ocean for 5 days.

This will be mine and my husbands 2nd cruise on carnival. how many cruises to you have to do to become Platinum. we are staying in V22 not sure how that will go being high up... is this better or worse.

Seems I have the opposite concern. I previously sailed Victory with a cabin on Lido deck and was worried I wouldn't like anything lower. This time on Fantasy I booked Riviera deck but was upgraded to Empress deck. Actually' date=' I'm not too concerned, I'll be floatin' on the ocean for 5 days.[/quote']

you are right. i feel movement a lot so i will have to take something i am sure not to get sick. i am very excited. i just want some one to bring my drink to me when the one i have gets low. ;)

Hey arm2, we are on the same deck. We are V10, this is our first cruise so we can not wait :rolleyes: Counting down the days for sure. See ya there!

Danielle

Great.... Cant wait to meet you. We are going down on the 18th because i love NOLA. Got to go hang out at Laffite's best hurricans i have ever tasted.

Aud

Great.... Cant wait to meet you. We are going down on the 18th because i love NOLA. Got to go hang out at Laffite's best hurricans i have ever tasted.

Aud

SAME HERE!! Pretty cool to actually be able to chat here and then see each other on the cruise. That is what is great about this website, see we are already meeting new people and we arent even there yet, lol... :)

Danielle

SAME HERE!! Pretty cool to actually be able to chat here and then see each other on the cruise. That is what is great about this website, see we are already meeting new people and we arent even there yet, lol... :)

Danielle

I totally agree. where are yall coming from. we live in northern louisiana

Archived