Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

We are sailing June 28 out of NO. Does anyone have any info on U129 or There are 3 in U131, can you bring air mattresses? does the cruise line have them?

thanks for any info.

We had U135 and it had 2 regular beds and they brought in a rollaway bed for my DD. It was just as comfortable as the regular beds and they fold it up out of the way during the day.

We are sailing June 28 out of NO. Does anyone have any info on U129 or There are 3 in U131, can you bring air mattresses? does the cruise line have them?

thanks for any info.

Great location - regarding U131, they should not have booked 3 passengers into that room, as it only holds 2. This happened to me twice, though, and both times they provided a rollaway for the extra person. This will work fine with a child up to age 12 or so, but the cots are small and won't be comfortable for a teenager or adult. If you want to keep that room, they WILL accomodate you with a cot. If you would prefer an upper berth for the third person, you should call and have them put you in a room designed for 3 passengers.

On the last cruise I took with my inlaws, they put the 4 of us in a triple room and put my mother in law and father in law in a Quad. We had to deal with the hassle of a rollaway, and my father in law kept bumping his head on the upper berths which they didn't need. You just never know what Carnival is thinking when they assign staterooms...

Another question about Fantasy. I know there are safes in room but do they have a number pad or do you have to use a keycard? I am taking family with new cruisers and I couldnt remember about this.

Thanks.

Number pad. Not sure if this will change after the refurb in September. Personally, I prefer the number pad!

Dave-

I have a Razor phone with Cingular/ATT. Their website says it works on this ship for calls and text and the rates weren't much at all. I have a 13 year old worry wart daughter that will be delighted if she can call/ text me. Do you happen to know if she will be able to in reality?

With AT&T, you will have coverage. Just watch the cost as it averages around $2.49 per minute for the roaming and plus whatever AT&T is going to charge you.

Dave

Dave?? Is this where you answered my questions? i don't see them????

Since the main search engine is still down, it has been difficult for me to see when some threads are replied to. I can pull up threads I reply to, but the format is different and I would basically have to look at each one individually to see if a post was made.

Dave

thanks for any info.

Like others have said both those cabins are for two people only. We have had them bring in a cot that looks like a gurney without wheels. It fitted partially up under the desk in the room.

Dave

Will V14 accomodate 2 adults and 1 14y/o???? Dave, any info on this???? Or anyone else for that matter???

Cat 11's hold 3 people and Cat 12's 4 people on the Fantasy class. So yes, V14 (Cat 11) will hold 3 people. If you look at the deck plan you will find that your cabin has a double cross.

When you look at the deck plans, if you see a cabin number with a:

No extra marks means it only holds two people

single dot= one upper which means it holds 3 people

double dot = two uppers which means it holds 4 people

single cross = twin bed/king and a double convertable sofa, hold 4 people

double cross = queen bed and a single convertable sofa, holds 3 people

Dave

Do the beds go together to make 1 bed?

That is correct. If the gap is too uncomfortable, you can ask for an egg crate topper to go on the bed. Carnival beds are the most comfortable that we have ever slept on.

Dave

DAVE:Sounds like you are King of Fantasy. Congratulations.

In honor of your coronation, Carnival decided to refund our fuel surcharge. :)

Here Here!!!!!!!

(That will take care of those free drinks I will NOT be getting at the Past Guest Party) :)

In honor of your coronation, Carnival decided to refund our fuel surcharge. :)

Here Here!!!!!!!

(That will take care of those free drinks I will NOT be getting at the Past Guest Party) :)

When did you book your cruise? Supposingly the refund is only for those who booked before Nov 6th, 2007.

Dave

We booked ours Sept 2007 for Sept 2008 and paid off the balance including the surcharge but a last month we moved it up a month and upgraded our room so we now have a balance. Will we get the surcharge removed from our bill or will we have to pay it because of the balance and adjustments we made????

We booked ours Sept 2007 for Sept 2008 and paid off the balance including the surcharge but a last month we moved it up a month and upgraded our room so we now have a balance. Will we get the surcharge removed from our bill or will we have to pay it because of the balance and adjustments we made????

Since you are departing after June 24th, the adjustment will be made to your invoice.

Dave

We must have booked in October b/c we booked several weeks before the fuel surcharge was added. I remember thinking it was completely wrong for Carnival to do this to people who were already booked...that is one of the reasons that you book early, to lock in a price! But I also knew it wasn't that much and I certainly wasn't going to make a stink about it. I just knew it was wrong on carnival's part.

Alls well that ends well. :)

Archived