Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

It depends on when you are travelling on the Fantasy. After the drydock in Sept, the ship will have a 300' waterslide, a new area for Camp Carnival, a new area for Circle "C".

Dave

Bother. We're going in August. Well, I'm sure that there will still be plenty to do!

• 2 weeks later...
Last year the "Ticket to Ride" was the show, does any one know what the show is now...or if it's the same....won't be on the ship until October. Thanks for any help.

It is still Ticket to Ride. When the ship goes into drydock is when they usually will change the stage sets out so it is possible that there will be a different show at the end of September.

Dave

We are leaving on the 31st. This is our first cruise. Was wanting to know about arriving at port if we as first timers have to do anything special when we get to the garage to park? Is there a certain area we have to go to as first timers or just go where everyone else goes?:confused:

Just returned from my third time on Fantasy. Still a Fun ship. :D Food seemed better this time, in the dining room & the Lido buffet.

Dave: VIP debarkation is still a mess. We ran into the No....self assist isn't finished yet. :rolleyes: We did manage to get some blue card first timers sent back onto the ship that tried to get off with us.

Robert in VIP check in said to tell everyone hello. If anybody has VIP check in, tell him who you are. Very nice guy.

We are leaving on the 31st. This is our first cruise. Was wanting to know about arriving at port if we as first timers have to do anything special when we get to the garage to park? Is there a certain area we have to go to as first timers or just go where everyone else goes?:confused:

Nothing special. Just keep in mind that the turn into parking is right before you get to the actual terminal. That way you dont have to turn around to come back to it. After you park, get on the elevator and go to the 2nd floor. As you come out of the elevator turn to the left and you will see the glass doors. The ladies there will direct you to the right as you enter these doors. Just follow the ropes to the security equipment. Once screened, the processing counters are to the right.

Dave

Dave: VIP debarkation is still a mess. We ran into the No....self assist isn't finished yet. :rolleyes: We did manage to get some blue card first timers sent back onto the ship that tried to get off with us.

Robert in VIP check in said to tell everyone hello. If anybody has VIP check in, tell him who you are. Very nice guy.

Brenda,

The sad part is that most of those telling you NO, have radios on the same frequency that the CD or Asst CD is on when they are told to send down the VIP's.

Robert is going to join us on the Bloggin' on the Bayou cruise on the Fantasy Feb 7th.

Dave

Brenda,

The sad part is that most of those telling you NO, have radios on the same frequency that the CD or Asst CD is on when they are told to send down the VIP's.

Robert is going to join us on the Bloggin' on the Bayou cruise on the Fantasy Feb 7th.

Dave

Yes, they called to get triple verification before allowing us through. :rolleyes:

On the Fantasy does anyone know on what decks they have laundry facilities? we will be on main deck. I'm just hoping I don't have to go several decks up to get to it. Thanks:)

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I am pretty sure they have one on Empress forward and Main aft. Not sure about other decks, since I was on Empress and didn't ask about other locations.

Can you guys tell me I would like to bring a case of water to keep in my cabin for late night thirsties, lol... Can I put a luggage tag on it and send it on its way?

Thanks,

Danielle

Just got back from the Fantasy out of New Orleans on May 22 and I was not able to check a case of water like this. I did carry it on with no problem and then dropped it off at my room when I got on board.

Are there capers in your room when you first get on board??? I don't want to miss ANYTHING!!!!!!!! And can we really be on the ship by 12:00?:eek: We will have VIP boarding.:D

Yes...and yes...

Are there capers in your room when you first get on board??? I don't want to miss ANYTHING!!!!!!!! And can we really be on the ship by 12:00?:eek: We will have VIP boarding.:D

They usually start boarding at 11:00. VIP boards right after the wedding parties if there are any. We were delayed a couple of weeks ago but were still onboard at about 11:45.

Capers will be waiting in your cabin.

When you do VIP check in, look for Robert & tell him you are from Cruise Critic. He's a CC member & posts on here & he's very friendly & loves to talk. :D

First timers leaving in six days. I know the Fantasy is known as a family cruise but ... It's just the DH and I and we'd really like some quiet time. Is there such a thing on the ship? Is there an adults only pool? We have a quiet beach break scheduled for Coz.

TIA

Do they allow handicapped to board fairly quickly? I am not bringing my wheelchair and will just have my cane this cruise.

Usually they will put the wheelchair bound folks with the VIP's and board them before or with them. You will have to make sure that you identify yourself as needing assistance.

Dave

First timers leaving in six days. I know the Fantasy is known as a family cruise but ... It's just the DH and I and we'd really like some quiet time. Is there such a thing on the ship? Is there an adults only pool? We have a quiet beach break scheduled for Coz.

TIA

The pool is there for everyone's use. After the drydock in Sept, there will be an Adult's only Serenity area on Deck 9 Aft which will have two hottubs. There is a hottub near the pool which is adult only.

On the back of the ship on Deck 8, there is a bench located on the port side. Folks rarely go to this area. It is used by the dining room staff to take smoke breaks.

During the day, it is pretty quiet in the Piana Bar or the Library.

Dave

JetSkier, do you know the dimensions of a cabin door for a CAT 11 on the Fantasy???? If so, would you please let me know, looking for them to put up decorations!!!!!!!!! Also we were considering taking beads we have here at home to "throw" during the Mardi Gras party/crawl, good idea????

Archived