Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

I saw in some earlier posts that the pier was destroyed in cozumel and the ships were docking somewhere else after the hurricanes. Does anyone know if that pier has been rebuilt and if not, where will it dock? We will be leaving next Thursday on the Fantasy. I went on two cruises in 2004, and we docked at the pier that was close to all the shops.

Does anyone know if the ship uses Equal or Splenda ?

8 more days till cruising and thats all I can think about.

Thanks

I saw in some earlier posts that the pier was destroyed in cozumel and the ships were docking somewhere else after the hurricanes. Does anyone know if that pier has been rebuilt and if not, where will it dock? We will be leaving next Thursday on the Fantasy. I went on two cruises in 2004, and we docked at the pier that was close to all the shops.

Does anyone know if the ship uses Equal or Splenda ?

8 more days till cruising and thats all I can think about.

Thanks

The Puerta Maya pier is still being rebuilt but should be opening soon. The ship will dock at either the Punta Langosta pier or the International pier.

There are both sweetners onboard.

Dave

I think there will be the Ecstasy & Enchantment of the Seas in Coz next Saturday - (Bandmom - I think we are you the same cruise departing 6-19). I asked my PVP yesterday if they had any word which pier would be used & she didn't know. The site I found this on estimates a total of over 7000 people in port that day!!

Thanks for the info. Are you ready for the cruise cruznkate and KajunKruiser? Nice to hear we are going to be on the same one. Please let me know if you get any new information on which pier we will be docking at.

Happy cruising!!

Has anyone stayed in the back cabins on Empress Deck? Preferrebly, 240,242,244,255,257 and 259? Is there a lot of vibration and movement? These are the ones at the very end of the ship. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Has anyone stayed in the back cabins on Empress Deck? Preferrebly, 240,242,244,255,257 and 259? Is there a lot of vibration and movement? These are the ones at the very end of the ship. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Movement depends on the sea state. Calms seas-little movement. If you are prone to seasickness, you would want to be in a cabin mid-ship and a lower level. There will be a little bit of vibration but not much.

Dave

Are there any hotels in New Orleans that you can stay in before the cruise that will let you leave your car there during the cruise and pay less than the cruise parking garage. I know in Galveston we did this and it was a lot cheaper, but I can't seem to find any. I have a big group traveling from Fort Worth next year in several cars, just trying to save as much $$ as possible, who know's what gas prices will be like next Aug.:eek:

I just found this thread and haven't read through it, so pardon if it's already been discussed.

I am considering a 5-day cruise in August of 09 to the Western Caribbean. I will be getting inside quads for daughters and their friends. Both itineraries offer Mayan ruins in the Western Caribbean - the main focus of this cruise. To those who have cruised on both - Which would they like better - the Fantasy or the Enchantment?

I've been on the Imagination, and I know Carnival's cabins are bigger, and the cruise is less expensive than that of the Enchantment. However, I've always wanted to try the Enchantment, which was just recently remodeled - I've always thought it appeared to be such a beautiful ship. As this is a board devoted to the Fantasy, please tell me why I should choose it.:)

Are there any hotels in New Orleans that you can stay in before the cruise that will let you leave your car there during the cruise and pay less than the cruise parking garage. I know in Galveston we did this and it was a lot cheaper, but I can't seem to find any. I have a big group traveling from Fort Worth next year in several cars, just trying to save as much $$ as possible, who know's what gas prices will be like next Aug.:eek:

several hotels offer deals check out what's offered at:

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/1/subsectionID/0

I just found this thread and haven't read through it, so pardon if it's already been discussed.

I am considering a 5-day cruise in August of 09 to the Western Caribbean. I will be getting inside quads for daughters and their friends. Both itineraries offer Mayan ruins in the Western Caribbean - the main focus of this cruise. To those who have cruised on both - Which would they like better - the Fantasy or the Enchantment?

I've been on the Imagination, and I know Carnival's cabins are bigger, and the cruise is less expensive than that of the Enchantment. However, I've always wanted to try the Enchantment, which was just recently remodeled - I've always thought it appeared to be such a beautiful ship. As this is a board devoted to the Fantasy, please tell me why I should choose it.:)

I would go with the Enchantment as you would be getting three ports of call, Key West, Cozumel and Belize. The Fantasy is going into drydock this Sept so it too will have been remodeled with the new Evolutions of Fun.

Dave

I would go with the Enchantment as you would be getting three ports of call, Key West, Cozumel and Belize. The Fantasy is going into drydock this Sept so it too will have been remodeled with the new Evolutions of Fun.

Dave

Thanks. I can see this is going to be a very tough decision. I've posted a similar question on the RCI boards, so may the best ship win!:D I'll let you know which comes out on top.

Anyone else have any opinions on this subject?

Thanks for the info. Are you ready for the cruise cruznkate and KajunKruiser? Nice to hear we are going to be on the same one. Please let me know if you get any new information on which pier we will be docking at.

Happy cruising!!

The website I found has the Fantasy docking at Punta Langosta on Saturday! I believe this is the one downtown so no cab needed for shopping. Just 3 days until we set sail! Yea!!!

-Katey

Thanks, cruznkate for the info. Do you know if the pier is close to Pancho's Backyard, which is next to Los Cinco Soles.

I haven't even started to pack. 3 days to go! I better start getting my sea legs.

I'm not sure, bandmom. I've actually never been to Cozumel. Maybe someone else will respond with a definitive answer! I haven't started packing either but that is my goal for today. DH says I need to spend less time obsessing about the cruise and more time preparing!! I guess at this point, he is right! I better go right now and get started!!

-Katey

Can anyone give me good directions to the terminal parking garage coming in on I-10 from Baton Rouge?

I-10 East

US90 West

Exit 11C (right lane), Tchoupitoulas and South Peters St.

Take the exit and stay in the right lane. As you go through the first redlight, get in the far right hand lane. Go to second redlight (Tchoupitoulas St.) and turn right. Get in the left lane and at the next redlight (Henderson St.), turn left. Go all the way to the end, over the railroad tracks and turn left. The terminal will be on the right side about a block down. The parking entrance is BEFORE you get to the terminal.

Dave

Thanks jetskier. I thought the directions might be a little different than the ones you gave coming in from Biloxi but I guess it's the same.

There is a difference in direction.

From Biloxi, you go I-10 West.

From Baton Rouge, you go I-10 East.:p

Dave

I am going out on the Fantasy on Oct. 27

so we will get the party started and give you a

wave as we get off!!

I just wish we could get a 7 day cruise out of NOLA...

In Feb we will be on the Fascination so I am starting to make

the Fantasy ships my new favorites since the Celebration is

now gone.

Archived