Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

I'll be sailing on the Fantasy this Monday, and I'm wondering if anyone here has gone through the New Orleans - Mobile transfer process yet? I'd love to know how smoothly everything went, as I've never cruised out of Alabama (I think).

Also, anyone ever notice the mural on the Lido Deck near the elevators that looks like Andy Dick riding a unicorn?

Hi Spudfrog! I am on this sailing and it's our first cruise. Now I have a burning need to see this mural for myself!!!

:cool:

I'll be sailing on the Fantasy this Monday, and I'm wondering if anyone here has gone through the New Orleans - Mobile transfer process yet? I'd love to know how smoothly everything went, as I've never cruised out of Alabama (I think).

Also, anyone ever notice the mural on the Lido Deck near the elevators that looks like Andy Dick riding a unicorn?

I have to admit after having been on the Fantasy 4 times...I have never noticed that. I will have to look for it in October!!! :)

I have to admit after having been on the Fantasy 4 times...I have never noticed that. I will have to look for it in October!!! :)

I know the murals very well - as I think they are HIDEOUS - but I never noticed Andy Dick in there - I'll have to take a closer look in October myself!

We just returned - we drove to Mobile instead of the bus trip. I heard the bus trip was great, we just chose to hook it ourselves. The terminal was smaller than some for parking, but adequate. The check in crew had it together and we got checked in fast. SIice the ship is not returning to NOLA anytime soon, it's just as easy to drive to Mobile and get a room at the BW across the street. They have a shuttle and cheap parking for the cruise trip.

I heard from someone at work that the Fantasy was getting redecorated due to using it for Hurricane katrina...Is that true? If so, is it completed and are there pics anywhere?

Thanks!

The Fantasy did go into dry dock in 2005 for some renovations to the public areas, and next month, the ship will be renovated over four weeks as part of the "Evolutions of Fun". The renovations include adding flat screen TV's in all cabins, the new water slide (Carnival Waterworks) and an adults only area. The Carnival web site does have some pictures of what it the ship will look like. Toward the bottom of the main page, click on the link for Evolutions of Fun.

I heard from someone at work that the Fantasy was getting redecorated due to using it for Hurricane katrina...Is that true? If so, is it completed and are there pics anywhere?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that Fantasy wasn't used for the housing of workers during Katrina work. The drydock starts in September and goes until early October. Usually, they replace carpet, bedding, etc during a drydock, but this time they are also adding the Evolutions of fun slides, etc.

Hope that helps

June

I'm pretty sure that Fantasy wasn't used for the housing of workers during Katrina work. The drydock starts in September and goes until early October. Usually, they replace carpet, bedding, etc during a drydock, but this time they are also adding the Evolutions of fun slides, etc.

Hope that helps

June

You are quite correct. The Holiday is the only one that had refugees on her. The Ecstasy and Sensation were used to house firefighters and police officers in New Orleans.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

I'm headed out on the Fantasy for my 3rd teachers need a break spring break cruise in March!!! We're so excited about seeing the changes made to our favorite ship. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE post as many pics and all of the details as soon as you get off of the new ship!!! We want all of the info!! :D

The fantasy Capers has a schedule of the activities for the day. I've never been on carnival so i do not know if it has other stuff in it too. On RCI it had the schedule and then any news you need to know. Be sure to always read them even if you just plan to chill and not partake in organized events. If there are any changes to anything it will be listed there. I always get an extra copy to use later for scrapbooking. In RCI they had spots throughout the ship that had them, plus the room steward left a copy in the room, she would usualy leave the next days capers when she came in while we were at the show to make up our beds. I had a pullman bed so she had to make it, then she would make our towel animal, and turn down my parents bed and leave andes mints for us. They only left one copy for the 3 of us so my dad would always get extras when he went downstairs to get coffee before waking us up.

I noticed there are two dining rooms on the Fantasy. Does it matter which one we use? Are there differences between the two?

Thanks for your responses.

Aaron

You will be assigned to one or the other, you will see the dining room indicated on your sail and sign card. They are pretty much the same, with the aft dining room having some vibrations due to its location.

can anyone tell me if this is an o.k. place for a room. I heard the lower you are the less chance of getting seasick. Any information would be great.

Thanks,

:)

I've stayed in R-19. Never been seasick but many agree that lower is better. You should be fine.

Have fun on Fantasy. I've been on it 3 times & always a good time. :)

You are quite correct. The Holiday is the only one that had refugees on her. The Ecstasy and Sensation were used to house firefighters and police officers in New Orleans.

Dave

A little history for all...

For years the Fantasy did the three day cruises from Port Canavaral to Nassayu and Freeport...

They were planning on moving the Sensation to New Orleans, after it went through a dry dock but the Sensation had a prop issue when it hit botton going into Nassau...

As a result, the changed the 3 and 4 days short cruises to the Sensation, and then moved the Fantasy to NOLA...

So, after Katrina, Fantasy was still in Florida...

Now, the Sensation is still in Florida, and Fantasy is getting ready to move to Mobile...

One disconcerting thought is that the Fantasy will now be the oldest ship in the Carnival Fleet, so in a few years, we will start hearing rumors of its ultimate demise...

A little history for all...

For years the Fantasy did the three day cruises from Port Canavaral to Nassayu and Freeport...

They were planning on moving the Sensation to New Orleans, after it went through a dry dock but the Sensation had a prop issue when it hit botton going into Nassau...

As a result, the changed the 3 and 4 days short cruises to the Sensation, and then moved the Fantasy to NOLA...

So, after Katrina, Fantasy was still in Florida...

Now, the Sensation is still in Florida, and Fantasy is getting ready to move to Mobile...

One disconcerting thought is that the Fantasy will now be the oldest ship in the Carnival Fleet, so in a few years, we will start hearing rumors of its ultimate demise...

And they did. We did the first S&S cruise on The Sensation out of NOLA.

And they did. We did the first S&S cruise on The Sensation out of NOLA.

The first S&S was before Katrina and the drydock. Katrina was in 2005. The Sensation was sailing out of Florida on a 4/5 day schedule because it could not go into New Orleans. The ships switched up with the Fantasy while in Florida. The first sailing out of New Orleans was Oct 26, 2006 by the Fantasy.

Dave

Archived