Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

question....we leave out monday... :)

i'm thinking about starting to watch the weather...i use weather.com

any other suggestions on how to check gulf of mexico forcast and costa maya and cozumel .... or just wing it and go???:confused:

Ah...just wing it and go. It's going to be HOT even if it rains. You can check Cozumel on weather.com but you can't check Costa Maya. They're so close, what goes for one usually goes for the other. Just remember, it will probably say rain but that usually just means the tropical rains that come and go as quickly as they came!

Hope you all have a great trip!

Momoftripletsplus1 - you are a brave woman! :D :eek:

Ah...just wing it and go. It's going to be HOT even if it rains. You can check Cozumel on weather.com but you can't check Costa Maya. They're so close, what goes for one usually goes for the other. Just remember, it will probably say rain but that usually just means the tropical rains that come and go as quickly as they came!

Hope you all have a great trip!

Momoftripletsplus1 - you are a brave woman! :D :eek:

lezlee,,,sounds good to me...DH said the same thing just alittle while ago about the rain and or chance of rain...

i don't know what happened to motheroftriplesplus1 haven't seen here lately...i'm sure with it being summer she's running like crazy keeping up with all four children....i do admire anyone that can handle triplets plus one...WOW! full time job ....

ok gals and guys forgive me but you all seem to really know your stuff...i know this is fantasy only but we are thinking about a trip in 08 and it's on conquest...dave and some of you others know your ships, and i can't find a conquest only thread so here is the question...are some of the balcony suits views obstructed by life boats??? want to find out before i book...:confused:

many thanks...shannon

Hi Mom.

The easiest way for me to tell you about the obstructed views (there are some on Main, Upper, Empress, Lido, and Panorama Deck) is to go to CCL Home site.

Click on Fun Ships at the top. Now click on Conquest on right side. Click on Deck Plans. In the middle of the page on the right side it will list each cabin that is obstructed.

We Loved the Conquest last year. It was different from the Elation. (sister of the Fantasy) Of course, bigger too!

You will enjoy it!!!

Hi Mom.

The easiest way for me to tell you about the obstructed views (there are some on Main, Upper, Empress, Lido, and Panorama Deck) is to go to CCL Home site.

Click on Fun Ships at the top. Now click on Conquest on right side. Click on Deck Plans. In the middle of the page on the right side it will list each cabin that is obstructed.

We Loved the Conquest last year. It was different from the Elation. (sister of the Fantasy) Of course, bigger too!

You will enjoy it!!!

melinda, thanks...how old are your boys? my twin boys are 12...i just love having boys, was alittle unsure about it at first but love the sports action ...wanted a girl but i got what i got and no more for us, so we bought the four legged girls..ha ha ha

thanks for the info about the rooms.

when you went ....what did you do in ports??

any input appreciated..

we leave monday for our first trip on fantasy so very new to this...i'm going to wait until we get back to book 08 trip...want to get a feel for it...want to see if the extra $$ is really worth it for balcony...i'm sure it is but it's me and best friend going (she's never cruised) so i'm sure i'll have to talk her into the spending the extra $$ on balcony...but with two gals and no kids, computers, cars, phones,,,,we have to go all out!!! my thoughts..nothing like sitting outside and having morning coffee...or bloody mary..lol.

thanks...shannon

Boys are great. I was an only child so of course I knew about girls. I thought I would have a girl. Four boys later.......... don't know what I would do with a girl. God knew what he was doing!!

My boys are 14, 18 (just turned and will be a senior this year), 21 (in college), 24 (in grad school). I suspect it will be much quieter in about 16 months. :(

I always thought twins would be a blast. DH is a pediatrician. He says the first year is really tough on the mom. Then it gets better and is double the fun!! Are your boys similar, or different?

Conquest is much bigger, but once inside does not feel overwhelming.

(IMO) The atrium in the Fantasy Class ship made the ship seem enormous. Conquest does not have that large, several story atrium, so size seemed hidden. We have had a blast on both of our cruises. Loved both ships!!

On the Conquest, in Grand Cayman, we visited Stingray Sandbar (then shopped and visited C&C).

In Jamaica we did Dunns River Falls, and in Coz we went to Paradise Beach.

We will be getting on the Fantasy as you leave. Have a wonderful time!!

I forgot one thing, Mom.

The Conquest has balcony staterooms. They are reasonable and have that great view.

THe Fantasy only has balconies in suites (cat. 11 and cat 12).

When we took the Conquest we booked an 11 for us and the next balcony stateroom for the boys. There is not much difference size wize between the 11 and 12 on the Conquest but a huge price difference.

If it were me, and I did not want to ber next door to my boys, I would book a balcony stateroom or a suite garauntee. The garauntee would give you a nice 11 and the cost would be cheaper than picking the room.

ok gals and guys forgive me but you all seem to really know your stuff...i know this is fantasy only but we are thinking about a trip in 08 and it's on conquest...dave and some of you others know your ships, and i can't find a conquest only thread so here is the question...are some of the balcony suits views obstructed by life boats??? want to find out before i book...:confused:

many thanks...shannon

Shannon,

There are no balconies on the Conquest obstructed by lifeboats as they are carried low on the ship. Here is the link to the Conquest question thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=474782

Dave

Shannon,

There are no balconies on the Conquest obstructed by lifeboats as they are carried low on the ship. Here is the link to the Conquest question thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=474782

Dave

dave, you are the answer man...good to hear from you...thanks...now gotta talk my best friend into doing upgrade...

Boys are great. I was an only child so of course I knew about girls. I thought I would have a girl. Four boys later.......... don't know what I would do with a girl. God knew what he was doing!!

My boys are 14, 18 (just turned and will be a senior this year), 21 (in college), 24 (in grad school). I suspect it will be much quieter in about 16 months. :(

I always thought twins would be a blast. DH is a pediatrician. He says the first year is really tough on the mom. Then it gets better and is double the fun!! Are your boys similar, or different?

Conquest is much bigger, but once inside does not feel overwhelming.

(IMO) The atrium in the Fantasy Class ship made the ship seem enormous. Conquest does not have that large, several story atrium, so size seemed hidden. We have had a blast on both of our cruises. Loved both ships!!

On the Conquest, in Grand Cayman, we visited Stingray Sandbar (then shopped and visited C&C).

We will be getting on the Fantasy as you leave. Have a wonderful time!!

same here, i had one sister and when ob told me both boys i freaked out but all is good...funny, had to go to my nieces ballet show...i leaned over and told my dad i would take baseball any day compared to too-too's---see i don't even know how to spell it....lol

DH was somewhat right...first 6 mths don't remember, next 6 mths remember some of it...two was fun...THREE..HOLLLYYY COWWW!! i thought i was going metal. after that a piece of cake and a walk in the park at the same time. really, with both boys, it's easier on us! always doing the same thing at the same time. we were blessed that they both turned out healthy...DH can understand ...at 26wks i was dilated to 4cm...put in hospital all but hanging from my toes...held off til 31 wks. yes, nicu for 6 wks...god does work miracles. oh and by the way i worked for my ob at the time...he still gives me a hard time about being a bad patient....

thanks for the info on the ship and all.

nap time for me...we will chit-chat again...shannon

You can't go wrong with the Conquest. It's been a couple of years since I sailed on her (my CCL First and now we're Platinum) but we've sailed on Liberty twice that is a sister ship and going on another conquest class ship, Freedom in 94 (who's counting) days!

Conquest is a wonderful ship. I happen to love the conquest class ships but I'm so NOT picky....I love the Fantasy class also. There are differences but mostly just size and decor and the availability of balcony cabins, which we usually get. I think you're wise to wait until you return from Fantasy to book for 08 but keep in mind that Conquest is definately a step UP from Fantasy when it comes to cabins and size of the ship.

And for both of you....I raised two boys and THERE IS LIFE AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL. Thought they were going to get the best of me for a while but now they are 25 and 30 and such a joy to be around (if you don't have teenagers yet, you won't understand that). One of them blessed me with TWO granddaughters so now I'm getting my girl fix. They are 6 and 2 and I'm still in my 40's! Life is so full of surprises! The girls have become cruise addicts just like us. The 6 yo has been on 4 or 5 now!

Melinda - are you sure you don't mean you visited Margaritaville in Grand Cayman? I didn't think there was a C&C in GC.

I second the Stingray tours for GC and then Paradise Beach in Cozumel. You can't go wrong! :)

And Anna - you are due for a CRUISE girl!

You can't go wrong with the Conquest. It's been a couple of years since I sailed on her (my CCL First and now we're Platinum) but we've sailed on Liberty twice that is a sister ship and going on another conquest class ship, Freedom in 94 (who's counting) days!

Conquest is a wonderful ship. I happen to love the conquest class ships but I'm so NOT picky....I love the Fantasy class also. There are differences but mostly just size and decor and the availability of balcony cabins, which we usually get. I think you're wise to wait until you return from Fantasy to book for 08 but keep in mind that Conquest is definately a step UP from Fantasy when it comes to cabins and size of the ship.

And for both of you....I raised two boys and THERE IS LIFE AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL. Thought they were going to get the best of me for a while but now they are 25 and 30 and such a joy to be around (if you don't have teenagers yet, you won't understand that). One of them blessed me with TWO granddaughters so now I'm getting my girl fix. They are 6 and 2 and I'm still in my 40's! Life is so full of surprises! The girls have become cruise addicts just like us. The 6 yo has been on 4 or 5 now!

lezlee, thanks for the info. i think right now we are caugh in the lul before the storm....starting to see some pre-teen issues but nothing to complain about, so far (knock on wood) they are great kids. we keep them involved in so much that they really don't have time to get into trouble. they play baseball, soccer, basketball, football, are on the golf team at school and band. both in honors classes and make awesome grades. they keep us going, but we feel that this is job right now is to raise well rounded kids. i just love being a mom!!! i've heard that grandkids are the best!!! spoil them rotten-then send them home.

anyone happen to have a copy of the room service menu on Fantasy???:confused: the only thing that one of the boys is asking is about the food...and more food,,,it's never ending at this age..

formal dinner is on tuesday night ...correct??

what night is the mid night buffet?:confused:

We did not visit Margaritaville in GC. However, the trip gets a little fuzzy because our boat on the Stingray excursion caught on fire (engine) and we had to be towed to shore. We were evacuated from the ship onto a concrete platform and loaded onto a 1950s school bus. The bus headed us back to town and during the ride, the bus hit a car in front of us. The bus driver just kept going. :eek:

I then asked the bus driver to drop us off, I thought at Carlos and Charlies, but may have been Senior Frogs. For sure not Margaritaville-but that would have been ok too!! LOL! He agreed to do it, and when the bus stopped, EVERYONE got off!

One of the many hilarious memories from that cruise!!

I know what you mean about the boys growing up. My two oldest, 24 and 21, are human again. No marrriages yet so no grandkids either. I hope I feel old enough to be a grandma when the time comes. I only realize how old I am when I look in the mirror!!:eek:

I have also loved evey minute of being a wife and mom. I know I will enjoy being a grandma, too.

Any of you that have cruised on Fantasy ever cruised on Rhapsody or Splendour? Wondering what the comparison is to those.

My best friend & I are leaving H's back home & taking the kiddos on this one.

Also, my daughter is 14 with some learning disabilities. She is wonderful socially but she is more on the level with 10 -12 year olds. Friend's son is 10. Any chance they would let them do the kids program together?

What is the D4 Cat and E32? All I know is we have an inside room that sleeps 4.

anyone happen to have a copy of the room service menu on Fantasy???:confused: the only thing that one of the boys is asking is about the food...and more food,,,it's never ending at this age..

formal dinner is on tuesday night ...correct??

what night is the mid night buffet?:confused:

Glad to share this website with you, it has a list of Carnival menus (7-day) and the room service and the bar drink menu on it. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE! http://bergertravels.com/CarnivalMenus.html

We did not visit Margaritaville in GC. However, the trip gets a little fuzzy because our boat on the Stingray excursion caught on fire (engine) and we had to be towed to shore. We were evacuated from the ship onto a concrete platform and loaded onto a 1950s school bus. The bus headed us back to town and during the ride, the bus hit a car in front of us. The bus driver just kept going. :eek:

I then asked the bus driver to drop us off, I thought at Carlos and Charlies, but may have been Senior Frogs. For sure not Margaritaville-but that would have been ok too!! LOL! He agreed to do it, and when the bus stopped, EVERYONE got off!

One of the many hilarious memories from that cruise!!

I know what you mean about the boys growing up. My two oldest, 24 and 21, are human again. No marrriages yet so no grandkids either. I hope I feel old enough to be a grandma when the time comes. I only realize how old I am when I look in the mirror!!:eek:

I have also loved evey minute of being a wife and mom. I know I will enjoy being a grandma, too.

melinda, after an ordeal like that i bet you needed a drink...or two! yes, i would be the same...GET ME OFF THIS BUS! wow, that's a story or should i say a nightmare.

yes, being a mom is more rewarding than i ever thought.

been married to DH for 16+ years...a true God sent!

We are leaving MONDAY on fantasy, can't wait....

Any of you that have cruised on Fantasy ever cruised on Rhapsody or Splendour? Wondering what the comparison is to those.

My best friend & I are leaving H's back home & taking the kiddos on this one.

Also, my daughter is 14 with some learning disabilities. She is wonderful socially but she is more on the level with 10 -12 year olds. Friend's son is 10. Any chance they would let them do the kids program together?

What is the D4 Cat and E32? All I know is we have an inside room that sleeps 4.

Angela - you may be in luck on Fantasy! The lady that runs Camp Carnival is named Jen (Jennifer). She has long blond hair and is from Canada (I think) or the States. Anyway - Jen will make exceptions but she's the only one that can. If you ask any of the other counselors, they will tell you no because, as a rule, that's company policy. Jen can overrule the decision but if I were you I would go to orientation and then get her aside and see if she'll put them together. The age group he would be in would be the 6-11 so there will be quite a few younger kids.

Your cabin category is 4D (instead of D4) and that just means inside cabin on Empress deck. E32 is somewhat forward and not too far from the front elevators. Empress deck is the best deck to be on in my opinion!

You all are making me want to jump on another Fantasy cruise and I've told myself....NO MORE cruises until September! When we got off the ship last month some of the crew asked us if we would be back next month! I'm so undisciplined. :D

Lezlee, thank you so much for the info. I wonder if there is a way I could contact Jennifer via email.

I've gotten the cruise idius so bad. In Sept we booked Rhapsody for June, I didn't want to wait until June so we booked Splendour for Nov. Now that we got back my daughters 3 hour drive vacation to Austin turned into me convincing her she wanted to go on a cruise that going to Austin to see my best friend isn't a vacation. Instead we made best friend join us on this cruise.:D

If I can find a way to cruise, I'll do it, any excuse.

You all are making me want to jump on another Fantasy cruise and I've told myself....NO MORE cruises until September! When we got off the ship last month some of the crew asked us if we would be back next month! I'm so undisciplined. :D

Hey Lezlee,

I have two booked for Sept.:D Maybe I will see you on one of them.

Dave

Archived