Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

For those folks who have recently been on the Fantasy. Tell me the one thing NOT to miss on the Fantasy.....either a show or maybe a game, a particular club or menu item....etc.........

Thanks

just back last week, for us we REALLY enjoyed our last night we grabbed a simple dinner on the back of the lido deck and found a table on the very back edge of the ship and enjoyed a family (DH and twin boys) dinner watching the sun go down and talking about our week...

if you plan on doing any shows GET THERE EARLY! like always we were there on time and very hard to find a good seat...

be sure and walk to the very front ship (beware - very windy) and take in the view.

i'll be happy to share any other info you may need...

i'll be happy to share any other info you may need...

Thank you. I do have a few..:)

How old are your twins? I am taking our 6 year old and 13 year old. Our 6yo will be spending SOME time in Camp Carnival. She loved CC on the Holiday. Did you have any experiences with CC on the Fantasy?

Did you see any shows that you would have not minded missing?

What time did you arrive at the port and how was Embarkation?

Thanks Again

Thank you. I do have a few..:)

How old are your twins? I am taking our 6 year old and 13 year old. Our 6yo will be spending SOME time in Camp Carnival. She loved CC on the Holiday. Did you have any experiences with CC on the Fantasy?

Did you see any shows that you would have not minded missing?

What time did you arrive at the port and how was Embarkation?

Thanks Again

the twins are boys age 12

they went to cc but enjoyed hanging out more with the friends that they had made on the ship...they were not to impressed with it. we felt very comfortable letting them go from point a to point b as long as they checked in...the only show that i went to was the vegas style...it was ok, nothing to get over excited about , it was a beatles theme...the DH and boys did the talent show, they said it was ok also, if you like talent shows..i decided to turn in early that night....

we got back to NO early that am and had to be out of our rooms by 8am...we did not get off ship until close to 11am....once we got off it moved quickly but it was not a fun morning sitting around waiting...we did put our luggage out the night before so maybe next time we will carry our own off and get of first....i over packed like always so we had too much to carry...that am went and found a shady spot by the pool and ate breakfast and just sat there....

this trip for us was about relaxing...we sat by the pool alot and were not concerned with trying to go and see all that was going on...

i did go one am and listed to the shopping talk,,,,,unless you are going to port to do some serious diamond, jewelry, etc...shopping skip going,,,it plays on your tv in your room....now that i think about it all of the going ons played on the tv...i did get to watch the talent show one am while drinking coffee...

let me know if this helps...

Hi! M.O.T. I am glad that you are back and had a good time. How did the "Sally's bottle" work for getting the Crown Royal on the ship? Also, did they have the dining room open for breakfast the morning everyone depbarks in NO? Anything else that you may think I need to know would be great...just wished I had a suite this time, like you had. ;)

Hi! M.O.T. I am glad that you are back and had a good time. How did the "Sally's bottle" work for getting the Crown Royal on the ship? Also, did they have the dining room open for breakfast the morning everyone depbarks in NO? Anything else that you may think I need to know would be great...just wished I had a suite this time, like you had. ;)

yes, the spray bottle worked good for crown, i put them in ziploc with bathroom stuff...no problem

don't recall if dining room was open or not that morning, we went and sat outside and ate there.

yes, we really enjoyed the balcony room...but with looking at the rates for next summer looks like we will not be doing it again...TA said we lucked out on good price since they were promoting fantasy being back in new orleans is how we got such a great rate.

what do you have planned for costa maya and cozumel?

as far as depbark,,,,carry off your own luggage if you can-we waited almost 3 hrs to get off ship...

are you traveling with kids or just adults?

Leave for our first cruise on 8/20.07. I booked a gaurenteed interior room. Just found out today I was upgraded to a ocean view, but its room M10. It is at the very front of the ship with 2 port holes (I believe a 5A is the cat.). Should I ask to have my room moved from the front of the ship? I'm not too worried about getting sick, I have spent most of my life going out on boats and the like, but I heard that the front can get pretty rough. Is this true? I don't know what to do!

Joelly - I think you'll be fine. Any OV is better than inside so you got a great upgrade! :)

I would worry about it if it were in the winter months when you go from warm water to cold water and the usual turbulence that comes with that but if you'll probably have a smooth ride. Fantasy is not that big so walking from the front to back in not an issue. Since you have no great tendancy toward seasickness, that's not an issue either.

I'd be happy with that cabin from paying for an IS Gty. Go and have a wonderful time! She's a great ship. I wish I was going to be on there then but have to wait until September to cruise again! :)

Oh, I'm very happy I got upgraded! It is a big reason I paid for the gty IS. I just kept crossing my fingers for an upgrade :D I was just a big worried about it being too rough down there that is all. If I had called them and asked to be moved and they said it would be an inside cabin, I probably wouldn't have changed. I tend to over worry sometimes, and with it being our first cruise I knew you guys would be the right people to ask!! Thanks for the advice!

Joelly - I'm a bit the same way but after 14 cruises, I'm a little more relaxed. I still think you got a good upgrade and if I were you, I would be OK with it.

Have a great time! If they run a super special for your sailing, we'll jump on it (although I don't expect it!). :)

(BTW - LOVE the quote in your signature!)

yes, the spray bottle worked good for crown, i put them in ziploc with bathroom stuff...no problem

don't recall if dining room was open or not that morning, we went and sat outside and ate there.

yes, we really enjoyed the balcony room...but with looking at the rates for next summer looks like we will not be doing it again...TA said we lucked out on good price since they were promoting fantasy being back in new orleans is how we got such a great rate.

what do you have planned for costa maya and cozumel?

as far as depbark,,,,carry off your own luggage if you can-we waited almost 3 hrs to get off ship...

are you traveling with kids or just adults?

I just realized you had answered the spray bottle question in another post above this one, I was having a blonde moment, :rolleyes: haha. We are going with friends (8 of us) and my 2 kids 12 &15. We always do the self disembark, although last year on the Holiday it was a cattle call, since we will be staying on the Empress deck on the Fantasy, and that is the deck we will be getting off of, MAYBE :confused: this year will be easier... ;) We do not have anything definite in Costa Maya, in Cozumel we are doing a jeep tour that I try to do every time we go, it is so much fun and I can not wait for all of our friends to get to enjoy it.

We are sailing on the Fantasy next April. My DH has extremely sensitive skin and really enjoyed the Dove cucumber body wash on the Miracle- so much so that we now use it at home. It doesn't bother his body OR his face. Does anyone know what body wash is used on the Fantasy? Thanks for all your help.

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

My family, friends and I are sailing on the Fantasy on December 10, 2007. We were wondering if the Fantasy will be decorated for Christmas? We sailed last year at the same time on the Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas and they had decorations on every floor. Any information will be appreciated.

neworleanscruiser:)

We are sailing on the Fantasy next April. My DH has extremely sensitive skin and really enjoyed the Dove cucumber body wash on the Miracle- so much so that we now use it at home. It doesn't bother his body OR his face. Does anyone know what body wash is used on the Fantasy? Thanks for all your help.

we just got off last week and believe it or not i never tried it so i can't help you, but i do know it was there...i like what i use so i didn't try it...maybe someone else will be more help.

I just realized you had answered the spray bottle question in another post above this one, I was having a blonde moment, :rolleyes: haha. We are going with friends (8 of us) and my 2 kids 12 &15. We always do the self disembark, although last year on the Holiday it was a cattle call, since we will be staying on the Empress deck on the Fantasy, and that is the deck we will be getting off of, MAYBE :confused: this year will be easier... ;) We do not have anything definite in Costa Maya, in Cozumel we are doing a jeep tour that I try to do every time we go, it is so much fun and I can not wait for all of our friends to get to enjoy it.

in costa maya some friends we made went to pez quatro ...last beach area on the left or right....blonde moment here also....lol....they enjoyed..

they also have a pool with a swim up bar in the middle...

not a very big place!

enjoy and i want to hear all about it when you get back...

have a crown and coke for me!

be sure and check out the prices of crown to bring home...great prices!

Leave for our first cruise on 8/20.07. I booked a gaurenteed interior room. Just found out today I was upgraded to a ocean view, but its room M10. It is at the very front of the ship with 2 port holes (I believe a 5A is the cat.). Should I ask to have my room moved from the front of the ship? I'm not too worried about getting sick, I have spent most of my life going out on boats and the like, but I heard that the front can get pretty rough. Is this true? I don't know what to do!

we just did our first trip and i was feeling the same way.

what i can say is that i did feel the forward movement of the ship regardless of where i was. i didn't get sick but i could feel it all the time! we live on the water also but it is a different feeling. no one else in our group had a problem with it but me. i guess i just have to be the odd one.

once we got home i still could feel the movement....ended up going to the dr and i've got a sinus infection so i was part of the problem....

be sure and pack meds just in case you need them...very expensive on ship.

most of all....RELAX AND ENJOY...YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH IT!! WE DID.

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

My family, friends and I are sailing on the Fantasy on December 10, 2007. We were wondering if the Fantasy will be decorated for Christmas? We sailed last year at the same time on the Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas and they had decorations on every floor. Any information will be appreciated.

Yes, the ship will be decorated. There also will be a Christmas program on one of the nights. They include the Camp Carnival kids in the program.

Dave

Yes, the ship will be decorated. There also will be a Christmas program on one of the nights. They include the Camp Carnival kids in the program.

Dave

Dave...are you gonna be joining us in May? :D

hey there dave,,,glad to see you! i wanted to thank you again for all you answers to my questions pre-cruise.

it was AWESOME!! we had a great time and are looking to book again next summer,,,a small group of friends with all our kids.

we are looking at fantasy or esctasy...what's your input-being that you live in the south...

how's your weather??? we are in the shreveport area---lots of rain but hopefully its going away...

thanks again, you were a big help!

shannon:)

I wish I could but that is the start of my busy season for jetski repair. For me, I can only cruise Sept to Feb.

Dave

I fully understand that....I know up here boating season runs from May to October....shame you can't make it, but I know you get your share of crusin in..LOL

hey there dave,,,glad to see you! i wanted to thank you again for all you answers to my questions pre-cruise.

it was AWESOME!! we had a great time and are looking to book again next summer,,,a small group of friends with all our kids.

we are looking at fantasy or esctasy...what's your input-being that you live in the south...

how's your weather??? we are in the shreveport area---lots of rain but hopefully its going away...

thanks again, you were a big help!

shannon:)

Hi Shannon,

Glad to hear you had a great time. Cruising can be addictive. I find that the sailings out of Galveston are higher price (most of the time) than New Orleans. Price is usually a selling point for me. Basically both ships are the same with a difference in interior decor.

Weather here lately has been HOT with spotty showers. Luckily it did not affect our firework season too badly. We got a pretty good downpour yesterday when we were packing everything up.

Dave

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

There were many christmas wreaths and garlands going up during our last cruise which ended last Thanksgiving day. They had Christmas backgrounds for photos also. The ship should be entirely decorated by then.

Archived