Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

rodeomom.. or other moms traveling with kids....i keep forgetting to tell you.

before our trip i went to walmart in the men's wallet section...for 97 cents they have these belt clips with a retractable cord and a plastic lanyard piece...

they were perfect for the kids to put their s&s cards and soda card in....i bought an extra and good thing one of them broke...but for 97 cents...

the twins clipped them on their shorts or swim suits and i didn't have to worry about them loosing them...just wanted to share that with you!

That sounds like a great idea, we have used those fishing liscense holders on the lanyards in the past, they will hold the S/S card and room key and soda card in a water proof pouch that hangs on the lanyard. This year my daughter is hand beading lanyards for all of the ladies in our group.

This will be our first cruise, and it is on the Fantasy. Our son booked us in a penthouse suite. The pictures look lovely! Has anyone stayed in one of these? Are they in a good location on the ship. I am told they are on the "upper" deck. Thanks.

You have you choice of bear, cat or dog but they call it "build a bear". I believe it was $19.95.

Dave

Dave,

Do you know any place to stay fairly inexpensive around Baton Rouge? Our son is going in Jan 2008 on Fantasy with his girlfriend they are both 21 and we really dont want them staying in New Orleans.

Thanks,

Sheila

Dave,

Do you know any place to stay fairly inexpensive around Baton Rouge? Our son is going in Jan 2008 on Fantasy with his girlfriend they are both 21 and we really dont want them staying in New Orleans.

Thanks,

Sheila

Look at hotel #1-#11. These are in a better part of town. Also on Bluebonnet is the Mall of Louisiana.

http://www.visitbatonrouge.com/img/visitors/pdf/GreaterBR_Map2007Final.pdf

You can also try motels in Laplace if they do not want to drive all the way to Baton Rouge.

Dave

This will be our first cruise, and it is on the Fantasy. Our son booked us in a penthouse suite. The pictures look lovely! Has anyone stayed in one of these? Are they in a good location on the ship. I am told they are on the "upper" deck. Thanks.

you will LOVE your room. We had a penthouse suite and it's great!

we were on upper deck. I really enjoyed the balcony for coffee in the morning or coctails in the evening...We had room U79.

ENJOY

Dave,

Thanks,

Sheila

are they flying into Baton Rouge or new orleans. If they are coming into new orleans the airport is actually in Kenner. They could stay in Metairie,la

which would put them only 20 minutes from Downtown.There is a Holiday Inn and a Hampton inn right on the I-10 and Causeway Blvd. They could

also stay by the airport which is in Kenner , La. The french quarter is actually pretty safe if you stay right in the quarter. I live in Metairie and I take my 13 year old to the quarter every Saturday night for chess lessons. Always feel safe. We just stay away from Bourbon Street.

rhecker

are they flying into Baton Rouge or new orleans. If they are coming into new orleans the airport is actually in Kenner. They could stay in Metairie,la

which would put them only 20 minutes from Downtown.There is a Holiday Inn and a Hampton inn right on the I-10 and Causeway Blvd. They could

also stay by the airport which is in Kenner , La. The french quarter is actually pretty safe if you stay right in the quarter. I live in Metairie and I take my 13 year old to the quarter every Saturday night for chess lessons. Always feel safe. We just stay away from Bourbon Street.

rhecker

They are driving from Dallas, just really dont want them staying in new orleans if at all possible, so would kenner or metairie be on the way in from dallas or out of the way?

Wow, aren't you lucky, what a good son! Have you looked here?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332945&highlight=Fantasy+penthouse+suite

They are driving from Dallas, just really dont want them staying in new orleans if at all possible, so would kenner or metairie be on the way in from dallas or out of the way?

It would be on the way in. They will cross over the MS River at Baton Rouge and then continue east on I-10. The interstate splits in BR into I-12 heading to Hammond/Slidell and I-10 heading to New Orleans. Have them take I-10 east. When they get past Laplace and cross over the spillway, they will enter Kenner. There are some hotels at the Williams Blvd exit.

Dave

We start back on the 29th of July (we homeschool) and we are taking the week off that we are going on the cruise. :D Do you remember anything about the build a bear thing during Camp Carnival? I have read about it on here, but am not sure if it is available on the Fantasy or not...do you recall reading anything about that in your capers?

Have fun on the Conquest, I am sure a girls only cruise would be fun....;)

My little girl did the Build a Bear on the Fantasy. I believe the basic kit is $19.99 but that doesn't include the voice recorder. We bought the voice recorder and if I remember correctly it was an extra $10.00 They only have certain times that they do the Build a Bear workshop so you have to read your Kids Capers to find out or ask. You go and pick out which animal you want then you pick an outfit. I think there were only 4 different animals and 4 different outfits to choose from. Then you fill out an information sheet to name your animal and give it a birthdate. They then print this info you have chosen onto a build a bear birth certificate. They put all your stuff into a Build a Bear Box (unstuffed animal, stuffing, birth certificate, voice recorder) you can either build your animal there or take it with you to build later. I suggest building it there because one bag of stuffing is not very much and if you stay there and build it you can ask for more stuffing (they asked me if we needed more and we said yes) Also I suggest stuffing the voice recorder down deep into the arm because it is easier to push the buttom and hear your message. When you just put it into the stomach part it moves around a lot and is harder for the little one to find and mash it just right. It pretty much stays put in one place when it is in the arm. :)

Hi Dave, Long time no hear/see :-) Who all is going on your cruise with you in September? I was thinking about booking and might need to catch a ride if possible. You know I'm scared to drive in New Orleans.

I believe you still have indention marks in your dash after that guy cut us off on the interstate.

To Galveston or New Orleans?

Conquest- Me, Michelle, Amber and Sarah

Fantasy- Me and my Mom.

Sept 17 is my bribe to get my Mom to watch our two girls while we do the 15-day cruise in November.

Dave

I believe you still have indention marks in your dash after that guy cut us off on the interstate.

To Galveston or New Orleans?

Conquest- Me, Michelle, Amber and Sarah

Fantasy- Me and my Mom.

Sept 17 is my bribe to get my Mom to watch our two girls while we do the 15-day cruise in November.

Dave

Yep I think you're right. The indention is still there:) I was talking about the Fantasy in New Orleans. Of course if I got to go it would be me & Ashlie. I'll check the rates and see how many cabins are left if you think we might could ride with you.

My little girl did the Build a Bear on the Fantasy. I believe the basic kit is $19.99 but that doesn't include the voice recorder. We bought the voice recorder and if I remember correctly it was an extra $10.00 They only have certain times that they do the Build a Bear workshop so you have to read your Kids Capers to find out or ask. You go and pick out which animal you want then you pick an outfit. I think there were only 4 different animals and 4 different outfits to choose from. Then you fill out an information sheet to name your animal and give it a birthdate. They then print this info you have chosen onto a build a bear birth certificate. They put all your stuff into a Build a Bear Box (unstuffed animal, stuffing, birth certificate, voice recorder) you can either build your animal there or take it with you to build later. I suggest building it there because one bag of stuffing is not very much and if you stay there and build it you can ask for more stuffing (they asked me if we needed more and we said yes) Also I suggest stuffing the voice recorder down deep into the arm because it is easier to push the buttom and hear your message. When you just put it into the stomach part it moves around a lot and is harder for the little one to find and mash it just right. It pretty much stays put in one place when it is in the arm. :)

Thanks for the tip Sherri...we have the cat, a poodle, a couple of the bears...she's an old pro at it ;) and when I read that there was the option of build a bear at camp carnival I needed to know how much it was going to cost me! :D I put money on our OBC every week to help keep the final bill down at the end of the cruise. I am going to limit her to one of these, but it would make a great souvenir.

So do you have to have a child in Camp Carnival for one of these bears? My son's gf is 16 and she is going with us on the Fantasy and she wants one!

I dont see why you could not purchase one. Just see one of the Camp employee's and they will charge it to your sail and sign. Camp Carnival is on Deck 9 towards the rear of the ship. When you enter the bar outside of the Forum, CC is to the right side.

Dave

Anyone ever stayed at this hotel?

We have always stayed on the quarter, and our favorite hotel is the Maison Dupuy. Last week we went to NO three days early and stayed there before leaving on the Fantasy for four days. Definitely the best hotel on the quarter we have found!!

Dave, can yu help with this question. A lady from SugarLand TX is going on Esctasy in Oct and her DH doesn't want to miss some big football games...Do you know if they have ABC or ESPN??? I told her that I would ask you or theres that alot about both Fantasy and Esctasy...Thanks...Shannon:)

Dave, can yu help with this question. A lady from SugarLand TX is going on Esctasy in Oct and her DH doesn't want to miss some big football games...Do you know if they have ABC or ESPN??? I told her that I would ask you or theres that alot about both Fantasy and Esctasy...Thanks...Shannon:)

They should have the ESPN feed. The ABC feed he may be out of luck on as it is going to be from a major TV market such as Denver so it may or may not have the game on that he wants to watch.

Dave

I had asked this question quite awhile back but never really got an answer. I have noticed on the photos of the Fantasy that there appears to be a outdoor covered area at the back of the ship on the Riviera Deck. Is this a passenger accessible area or is it for crew members? Anybody know?

Archived