Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

A new question for you previous Fantasy cruisers, I have printed off my E-Docs including the luggage tags, mine printed off a light blue color and we are booked on the Empress Deck. I have read on the Carnival board that some of the e-docs luggage tags are not the right color for the decks and the luggage ends up getting lost in a pile that you then have to go hunt down etc......SO...do any of you have a paper or something that shows you the colors of the decks.....if so, is the Empress deck light blue? HELP:confused: You would think the fact that they state the deck and cabin number clearly on it would still get there....anyone know about this??

A new question for you previous Fantasy cruisers, I have printed off my E-Docs including the luggage tags, mine printed off a light blue color and we are booked on the Empress Deck. I have read on the Carnival board that some of the e-docs luggage tags are not the right color for the decks and the luggage ends up getting lost in a pile that you then have to go hunt down etc......SO...do any of you have a paper or something that shows you the colors of the decks.....if so, is the Empress deck light blue? HELP:confused: You would think the fact that they state the deck and cabin number clearly on it would still get there....anyone know about this??

It is real simple. Just go down to the pursers area the last night. There is a box that has luggage tags in it. Get the ones that are meant for your cabin. Bring a roll of pre-addressed sticky labels to put on the tags.

Dave

I had asked this question quite awhile back but never really got an answer. I have noticed on the photos of the Fantasy that there appears to be a outdoor covered area at the back of the ship on the Riviera Deck. Is this a passenger accessible area or is it for crew members? Anybody know?

One area is Deck 8 Atlantic deck. There is rear stair on the Empress deck and go up. There is also a stair on Deck 9 by the kiddie pool that goes down. There is a door leading from the Jubilee dining room to this area.

The area on the Riviera deck with the openings in the metal are the dock line handling area and is limited to crew members only.

Dave

rear.jpg.cac4fbfe26697463d6127f3cc14e2018.jpg

It is real simple. Just go down to the pursers area the last night. There is a box that has luggage tags in it. Get the ones that are meant for your cabin. Bring a roll of pre-addressed sticky labels to put on the tags.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I think I have confused you, I am referring to getting the bags ON the ship, when you get there and unload. We always do self disembark....

Is there a problem with the printed luggage tags from the E-docs not getting your luggage delivered to your rooms like what has been mentioned recently on the Carnival board? Is there a problem with the color or something, that is what I am confused about, it seems that if your tag says your deck and cabin number that should get it there just fine.....:confused:

BTW, this is the thread that I am referring to: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=588596 I just did not want to print these out, and tape them securely to our luggage to have to write out new ones when we drop off the luggage...also, I am "leading" our group and I do not want to tell anyone any wrong info.

BTW, this is the thread that I am referring to: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=588596 I just did not want to print these out, and tape them securely to our luggage to have to write out new ones when we drop off the luggage...also, I am "leading" our group and I do not want to tell anyone any wrong info.

A friend of ours did his first curise and he called me the night before he left to go over somethings...he didn't have luggage tags like we got with our paper docs...he called and they had them in the parking garage when he got there...just be sure and know your room number...have fun........

Thanks Dave, I think I have confused you, I am referring to getting the bags ON the ship, when you get there and unload. We always do self disembark....

Is there a problem with the printed luggage tags from the E-docs not getting your luggage delivered to your rooms like what has been mentioned recently on the Carnival board? Is there a problem with the color or something, that is what I am confused about, it seems that if your tag says your deck and cabin number that should get it there just fine.....:confused:

What I have read has not been about luggage getting to the cabin, it has been luggage at dis-embarkation if they can not tell the color it gets put in a unknown pile. Of course if you do self-disembark this is not an issue.

Dave

There have been some posts that the "E-docs" luggage tags are being replaced at the port before boarding. I just did not want to go to all of the trouble of filling them out and attaching them and then having to write out news ones in New Orleans before leaving. I was hoping that someone on here had used the printed tags and had good luck with them. Maybe this is just a problem with other ships/ports? I am still trying to find out about NO. I do love the E-docs though, makes it feel very real to see everything printed out and ready to go. ;)

There have been some posts that the "E-docs" luggage tags are being replaced at the port before boarding. I just did not want to go to all of the trouble of filling them out and attaching them and then having to write out news ones in New Orleans before leaving. I was hoping that someone on here had used the printed tags and had good luck with them. Maybe this is just a problem with other ships/ports? I am still trying to find out about NO. I do love the E-docs though, makes it feel very real to see everything printed out and ready to go. ;)

To make you feel better, I had no problems using the printed tags on my luggage for the NCL Sun which also leaves out of New Orleans.

Dave

I plan on using the E-Doc luggage tags but also bringing labels with the same info in case I need to get new tags at the dock. The labels are quick and easy to stick on.

One area is Deck 8 Atlantic deck. There is rear stair on the Empress deck and go up. There is also a stair on Deck 9 by the kiddie pool that goes down. There is a door leading from the Jubilee dining room to this area.

The area on the Riviera deck with the openings in the metal are the dock line handling area and is limited to crew members only.

Dave

Thanks for responding. Now I finally know what that area is.

I plan on using the E-Doc luggage tags but also bringing labels with the same info in case I need to get new tags at the dock. The labels are quick and easy to stick on.

That is what I may have with me...just in case.... sounds silly for me to let that small thing worry me. I will be leaving on a cruise, I guess if they want me to take a couple of minutes out to fill out more/different luggage tags...I will.;) Hopefully the printed e-doc tags will work just fine. When I get back, I will be sure to let everyone on here know. 38 more days!:D

Hello everyone,

We are looking to book the Fantasy for 1-12-07. Does anyone have the capers and dining menu? Thanks for the help!

I hate to tell you, but you missed your ship..:eek: I believe you meant 1/12/2008 :D

Dave

Hi Everyone. My name is Vee and I'm new to the boards. I just booked the Fantasy for Easter week (3/22/08) and we are real excited. We booked a Cat. 12 and have been assigned room U107. I don't know if anyone has any insight to that room as far as location. It's about 3 cabins away from the stairs and elevators so I'm not sure if that generally creates a noise problem or do you have any other cabin to recommend (does it matter what side, better views?). I still have time to change so that's why I'm asking.

Also, I'll have an 11yo son and 8 year old daughter. I read all about Camp Carnival and it sounds real exciting on their website but I wanted to know some actual stories/views on kids that age group who actually participated and what they truly thought of it. A lot of my other questions have been answered by other posters, so I thank you all but I'm sure as time goes on I'll have more things to ask. Thanks.

as i learned in a panic yesterday, if you are taking birth certificates,,,,MAKE SURE IT IS A STATE CERTIFIED COPY.... for example the certified copy that i have used all my life is a certified copy in one state but i was born in another...the copy i had would not have worked!!! you must get the state certified copy from the state that you were born in....TALK ABOUT PANIC YESTERDAY...lucky i was able to get ups overnight state certified copies delivered today!!! we had less than one week until departure....yes, panic yesterday...lucky i was able to finally find an employee in each state that cared and was willing to help!

okay..im from new orleans, born at west jeff hospital. i have ths raggidity piece of paper that doesnt have a seal of any sort on it that my mom swears is the original copy (i was born in 83). cruise is on the 28...if its not acceptable, where can i go to get one in time?

okay..im from new orleans, born at west jeff hospital. i have ths raggidity piece of paper that doesnt have a seal of any sort on it that my mom swears is the original copy (i was born in 83). cruise is on the 28...if its not acceptable, where can i go to get one in time?

If I counted back correctly, the Fantasy should be in port tomorrow for a 4 day cruise. This means their Representatives will be there.

Since you live in NO, I would arrive around 10AM and show them what you have to see if it will pass the muster and get any recommendations they might have if it does not.

Good luck.

To Nolagirl

Hi,

I'm from Metairie. You can go to the parish health unit and get a copy of your birth certificate or birth card. You can also order a copy from www.vitalcheck.com. It cost me $45.00 for my copy of my birth certificate. I hope this information helps. If the piece of paper yoiu have has a raised seal on it then it is your birth certificate.

neworleanscruiser:)

Also, I'll have an 11yo son and 8 year old daughter. I read all about Camp Carnival and it sounds real exciting on their website but I wanted to know some actual stories/views on kids that age group who actually participated and what they truly thought of it. A lot of my other questions have been answered by other posters, so I thank you all but I'm sure as time goes on I'll have more things to ask. Thanks.

Our boys have been in Camp Carnival since they were 5 and 8. We are headed out on the Fantasy for our 4th time next month. They have always enjoyed Camp Carnival.

If you children at still 11 and 8 when you sail, they will be in different age groups. Each child will have a Caper with a list of activities for the entire cruise that shows the activity, location and time.

Be aware that the 9-11 year olds are allowed to check themselves out, so if you don't want your son to have that priviledge, you need to have an understanding with him. That age will also do scavenger (sp?) hunts without a counselor (just groups of kids) all over the public areas of the ship...so make sure you are ok with that before he attends that activity.

The orientation will be the first night (usually around 7pm) and then there is a "family get together" later in the evening so that the kids and counselors can get acquainted.

Here is a web site that has lots of copies of different Camp Carnival Capers from the ships. All the ships use the same "basic" plan, so this will at least give you an idea of the activities they offer.

http://www.webshots.com/search?media=photo&query=%22Camp+Carnival+Capers%22&queryChannel=&sortBy=&source=search_menu

We have never had a problem with noise from the elevators on any level.

Perhaps someone can comment who has had that specific cabin.

Have a great cruise.

Hi Everyone. My name is Vee and I'm new to the boards. I just booked the Fantasy for Easter week (3/22/08) and we are real excited. We booked a Cat. 12 and have been assigned room U107. I don't know if anyone has any insight to that room as far as location. It's about 3 cabins away from the stairs and elevators so I'm not sure if that generally creates a noise problem or do you have any other cabin to recommend (does it matter what side, better views?). I still have time to change so that's why I'm asking.

Hey Vee,

Welcome to the board, glad to see another St. Louisian around here. I have not been on the Fantasy yet but looking at the deck plans I would think you will be fine. There are a couple of IS cabins between you and the cabin. Besides, you will probably be on the balcony anyway.

I know absolutely nothing about Camp Carnival and don't want to if I can help it. This is the one time of the year for just me and my DW to get away.

If I counted back correctly, the Fantasy should be in port tomorrow for a 4 day cruise. This means their Representatives will be there.

Since you live in NO, I would arrive around 10AM and show them what you have to see if it will pass the muster and get any recommendations they might have if it does not.

Good luck.

i actually have class until 12. will they be docking at 4?

Archived