Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

my mother and i are planning a trip on the fantasy in october. she is thinking about renting a scooter to take with her. i know that the fantasy is an older ship and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with a scooter on the fantasy. was it easy for you to get through hallways, doors, etc? thanks so much. any information is helpful!!

okay..im from new orleans, born at west jeff hospital. i have ths raggidity piece of paper that doesnt have a seal of any sort on it that my mom swears is the original copy (i was born in 83). cruise is on the 28...if its not acceptable, where can i go to get one in time?

I would go to the parish health office & get one just to be on the safe side. I was also born in WJ many moons ago. I had my original sent off back in Sept for my passport, I ordered a new one just incase it didn't arrive.

okay..im from new orleans, born at west jeff hospital. i have ths raggidity piece of paper that doesnt have a seal of any sort on it that my mom swears is the original copy (i was born in 83). cruise is on the 28...if its not acceptable, where can i go to get one in time?

You also have to watch as some hospitals issued birth certificates that were not official copies. I would not take a chance. It would be heart breaking to see the ship leave without you.

Dave

my mother and i are planning a trip on the fantasy in october. she is thinking about renting a scooter to take with her. i know that the fantasy is an older ship and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with a scooter on the fantasy. was it easy for you to get through hallways, doors, etc? thanks so much. any information is helpful!!

It should not be too much of a problem. On the Lido deck, the doors are automatic and open wide enough. There are not many floor obstructions that I can remember. The problem is where to put the thing at night so you are not tripping over it in the room.

Dave

i actually have class until 12. will they be docking at 4?

They leave at 4pm, so yes the Carnival Representatives will be there checking in people until 3:30pm.

You won't be able to park in the terminal parking garage since you are not on today's sailing. Just park at the Riverwalk and walk through to the terminal at the other end.

sorry just had time to get back...i would like op said...go to health unit and get one...just to be on the safe side...you have plenty of time but do not wait...enjoy your trip...

ditto for me. there are no (or, at a minimum, were not in the past) raised seal BCs in LA that i know of, at least not in the orleans parish/ jefferson parish area. years ago i had to have a dup one issued w/ a raised seal. you can get that, no prob. and, your mother isn't lying. that tiny piece of microfilm looking thing is the original.

Thanks Dave, I think I have confused you, I am referring to getting the bags ON the ship, when you get there and unload. We always do self disembark....

Is there a problem with the printed luggage tags from the E-docs not getting your luggage delivered to your rooms like what has been mentioned recently on the Carnival board? Is there a problem with the color or something, that is what I am confused about, it seems that if your tag says your deck and cabin number that should get it there just fine.....:confused:

We are on the Fantasy 10/11 and we got edocs and our luggage tags are blue for E107. I know for Embarkation these will work out just fine however just get the proper colored tag at info desk on last night.

We are on the Fantasy 10/11 and we got edocs and our luggage tags are blue for E107. I know for Embarkation these will work out just fine however just get the proper colored tag at info desk on last night.

Thanks...I am hoping it will be just fine and our group's bags will be at our rooms safely. When we leave the ship we are planning on doing self-assist and pray we do not get crushed in the stampede. LOL :eek:

:o Yay!!! We just booked again as well, we'll be there just a couple of weeks after you mondello66. We will be there 3-8-08!!!! This will be my second cruise and second time on the Fantasy!!! Yeehaw, something to look forward to!!!!!

ditto for me. there are no (or, at a minimum, were not in the past) raised seal BCs in LA that i know of, at least not in the orleans parish/ jefferson parish area. years ago i had to have a dup one issued w/ a raised seal. you can get that, no prob. and, your mother isn't lying. that tiny piece of microfilm looking thing is the original.

just to be on the safe side, i'll stop by the health unit to get a copy of my bc with a seal on it, i called the unit and they said i can get it the same day and it shouldn't be a problem. not that its a problem for me, but people born before 83 will have to get a birth CARD, and not a certificate, because of katrina.

anyways...to the people that have been on the fantasy before..

1. what are some of the things that we will need to bring? i read in some threads they said steamers (no irons allowed) and an electric outlet?

2. do they have service to use your phone for calls or text messaging? i called sprint yesterday and they said there is no roaming charges to text back home, but if i'm too far out there might not be any signals...

3. excursions?

anyways...to the people that have been on the fantasy before..

1. what are some of the things that we will need to bring? i read in some threads they said steamers (no irons allowed) and an electric outlet?

There is only one outlet in the cabin so if you will need an extension cord or multiple plug.

2. do they have service to use your phone for calls or text messaging? i called sprint yesterday and they said there is no roaming charges to text back home, but if i'm too far out there might not be any signals...

There is a cell tower onboard the ship that sends the signal to a satellite. There are a couple of carriers that it is available for. The roaming charges are $6.50 per minute and includes texting if it bounces off their tower. There have been a couple of people say they were charged for incoming text.

3. excursions?

There are too many to choose from. It depends on if you like stuff done on the land i.e., dune buggy, ATV, tours of the ruins, party bus around Cozumel; or stuff done in the water i.e., snorkeling, boating, scuba, snuba, parasailing. You also have to decide if you want to do excursions through the ship or on your own.

Dave

Once you leave New Orleans, I would definately turn off the cell phone and put it in your room safe. Be sure to turn it OFF, because if it answers and goes to your voice mail...I have heard of people being charged just as if they had answered it and I would imagine that would go for texts as well. (Don't quote me, but this is what I read)

Yes on an extention cord because there is only one outlet in the entire cabin.

Some other tips:

I bring about $50 in one dollar bills to tip room service (which is free).

If you like cappicinos or exprressos, they cost extra on the Promenade but are free in the formal dining room.

No need for an excursion in Cozumel. It is very tourist friendly. Taxis everywhere to take you where you want to go. If you go to the PORT section of this board and read under Cozumell, you will find more info than you can read about the different beach resorts there.

Have a great cruise!

Our Fantasy cruise will be in Cozumel on August 28th and we will be one of two ships that day (Rhapsody of the Seas)...so no tendering...my question is, will we be using the Punta Langosta pier? I have booked a tour and they were trying to give me directions to meet them by which pier I was going to be docked at......I am looking at cruisecal and all I can see is that there will be 2 ships there, no mention of the pier.......anyone know which pier will be used? THANKS!:D

Our Fantasy cruise will be in Cozumel on August 28th and we will be one of two ships that day (Rhapsody of the Seas)...so no tendering...my question is, will we be using the Punta Langosta pier? I have booked a tour and they were trying to give me directions to meet them by which pier I was going to be docked at......I am looking at cruisecal and all I can see is that there will be 2 ships there, no mention of the pier.......anyone know which pier will be used? THANKS!:D

We weren't sure which one we will be at until we actually got there (July 7th). We were kind of banking on the Punta Longusta pier, but we actually arrived at International.....Dave usually knows the answer to this question, but I think it might just depend on whatever is going on that day. We were one of only two ships at Cozumel that day too.

Can they give you directions and then you just meet them wherever they said that they will be? You might have to just take a taxi to the other pier or whatever....they aren't too far from each other really, we could see the other ship from our balcony....

Sorry, that isn't answering your question, but I don't think there is any way to really know until you get there for sure....

We weren't sure which one we will be at until we actually got there (July 7th). We were kind of banking on the Punta Longusta pier, but we actually arrived at International.....Dave usually knows the answer to this question, but I think it might just depend on whatever is going on that day. We were one of only two ships at Cozumel that day too.

Can they give you directions and then you just meet them wherever they said that they will be? You might have to just take a taxi to the other pier or whatever....they aren't too far from each other really, we could see the other ship from our balcony....

Sorry, that isn't answering your question, but I don't think there is any way to really know until you get there for sure....

RATS...I hate to hear you guys docked at International. When we were there in October on the Miracle and December and March on the Fantasy....we docked a Punta (when though they told us we would be tendering). We are headed back in August....I want my Punta!!!

quote]

Thanks...yeah they have given me a couple of different sets of directions, I am to meet them at the "Barracuda Hotel" which is near enough to walk to from the Punta Langosta, but a taxi ride from the other piers... I did get a response from the Cozumel board that was favorable for us to dock at Punta.

We tendered in last year off of the Holiday...what a pain...we lost 2 1/2 precious port hours just tendering back and forth.

My bad, just saw on the schedule that that was the Ecsatsy. The Fantasy was at the International Pier today.

Thanks....at least you tried!! :)

There is no better entertainment than watching them run from Carlos N Charlies done the pier to the ship in their less than sober state.

We should call it the Punta Olympics!!

Archived