Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

It should be three seperate statements as the end amount on the statement is what is going to be charged to the credit card.

Dave

Thanks Dave!

I was hoping that we wouldnt have to bring a calculator with us :eek:

Somehow I knew that you might know the answer for that one:)

WOW! Thanks for the reassurance. Firefly had me scared for a minute! I don't mind one of the hot tubs being closed (haven't actually made it into one yet, though I've planned to each time) or dust bunnies (I know what you mean jetskier! We bought our house pre-construction and it took nearly a year before we didn't have to empty the vacuum cannister after vacuuming each room!) I think I could even "live" with a an 8 hour delay getting onto a ship (though I wouldn't be very happy about it.) I DON'T think I could deal with the buffet being moved or shut down. I'm bringing 10 newbies on this cruise and food is the main draw for all of them!

Cruising always appears SO expensive to the first time cruiser until you start to factor in the fact that the "food-room-onboard entertainment" is inclusive in the price! My BIL is coming. His nickname is "Moose." He can EASILY eat the cost of his ticket ($285 pp) in food. :eek:

WOW! Thanks for the reassurance. Firefly had me scared for a minute! I don't mind one of the hot tubs being closed (haven't actually made it into one yet, though I've planned to each time) or dust bunnies (I know what you mean jetskier! We bought our house pre-construction and it took nearly a year before we didn't have to empty the vacuum cannister after vacuuming each room!) I think I could even "live" with a an 8 hour delay getting onto a ship (though I wouldn't be very happy about it.) I DON'T think I could deal with the buffet being moved or shut down. I'm bringing 10 newbies on this cruise and food is the main draw for all of them!

Cruising always appears SO expensive to the first time cruiser until you start to factor in the fact that the "food-room-onboard entertainment" is inclusive in the price! My BIL is coming. His nickname is "Moose." He can EASILY eat the cost of his ticket ($285 pp) in food. :eek:

A real simple measure is have them price a bus ticket from Florida to California. Tell this is a bigger bus.:)

I just realized you were from Milton. I used to race there in 1987 and 1988 at the stock car track. We would come up the night before, camp out and watch the stock car races. The next day we raced four wheelers on the MX track in the infield. I remember one stock car race there was a fight between to drivers. The police arrested one and put him in the police car. While they went back to deal with the other guy, the girlfriend let the guy in the police car out and they were high tailing it through the parked cars.

Dave

The track is behind my house...LOL...using country terminology here...technically its about 3 mi from here but it's only an 8 min drive so its "behind my house." Well...I always thought it was until dh and dd made friends with a family that LITERALLY lives by the race track. You can hear the cars at night from their front yard.

'87 and '88 eh? We might have bumped into one another! My dad used to do rebuilds for a couple of different cars out there...occasionally he'd get behind the wheel. Mom even did a powder puff race once. I was only 10 at the time! :eek: I hated "the races" but always went for the funnel cakes. LoL. The rhythm of the cars always put me to sleep tho!

Would you happen to know CHUCK EVANS of RPM?

The track is behind my house...LOL...using country terminology here...technically its about 3 mi from here but it's only an 8 min drive so its "behind my house." Well...I always thought it was until dh and dd made friends with a family that LITERALLY lives by the race track. You can hear the cars at night from their front yard.

'87 and '88 eh? We might have bumped into one another! My dad used to do rebuilds for a couple of different cars out there...occasionally he'd get behind the wheel. Mom even did a powder puff race once. I was only 10 at the time! :eek: I hated "the races" but always went for the funnel cakes. LoL. The rhythm of the cars always put me to sleep tho!

Would you happen to know CHUCK EVANS of RPM?

Know what you mean about country terminology. We are actually 14 miles to our closest post office and town. Sorry, I dont know Chuck. Here is a photo of me coming off a jump in the back field heading back to the infield at Milton.

Dave

4wheel.jpg

Ugh! I have some GREAT pics of dad and the car he sponsored. My mom is the rightful owner of said pics...will have to borrow and scan them sometime!

You know that saying...."It's a small world after all........

Alright...humming it now....will be for the next few days. THANKS DAVE!!! LMAO! :p

I will be on the Fantasy this Thursday (August 2nd) for the 4 day cruise with my wife and 16 year old son. Need some quick information, so any answers to the below questions :confused: will be appreciated>>

Concerning parking, since I will be driving in that morning from coastal Mississippi, can anyony give me directions from I-10 to the parking areas? Two years ago (a few weeks prior to Katrina), we took the Conquest out of NOLA and I recall going to this open field parking lot in which we got on a shuttle bus to the the terminal. This was all right for going but returning it was kind of zoo getting back to the parking lot. I was hoping to avoid that and come early (around 10am) to allow me to park in the garage. This way we can walk to the terminal. Also does anyone know the price of parking and is it cash only or do they take a credit card?

Once onboard the ship, does anyone know when they open the 'Fitness Area'. I figure I could workout for a while waiting for the Fantasy to sail.

Once in Cozumel, any recommendations for a beach to spend the day. I seen the web site for Paradise Beach and that looks good. I like the idea of paying $9 for the use of the beach activities and not being obligated for using the restaurant.

Again thanks :D . When I return next week I promise I hope to give a very positive report.

I will be on the Fantasy this Thursday (August 2nd) for the 4 day cruise with my wife and 16 year old son. Need some quick information, so any answers to the below questions :confused: will be appreciated>>

Concerning parking, since I will be driving in that morning from coastal Mississippi, can anyony give me directions from I-10 to the parking areas? Two years ago (a few weeks prior to Katrina), we took the Conquest out of NOLA and I recall going to this open field parking lot in which we got on a shuttle bus to the the terminal. This was all right for going but returning it was kind of zoo getting back to the parking lot. I was hoping to avoid that and come early (around 10am) to allow me to park in the garage. This way we can walk to the terminal. Also does anyone know the price of parking and is it cash only or do they take a credit card?

Parking is $14 per day, cash or credit card. The parking is now in the same terminal as you will be sailing from. So no shuttle bus to the off-site parking.

Take 1-10 west. Take US90 West. Take Exit 11C. As you come down the ramp, get in the right hand lane. There will be a concrete barrier up to the first red light. Once you get through the first red light, get in the far right lane. This is Tchoupitoulas St, turn right. Get in the left lane, the first road to the left is Henderson St. Turn left. Take it all the way to the end and cross over the railroad tracks and turn left. The parking ramp will be before you get to the terminal so be prepared for it.

Once onboard the ship, does anyone know when they open the 'Fitness Area'. I figure I could workout for a while waiting for the Fantasy to sail.

I believe the Fitness room should be open.

Once in Cozumel, any recommendations for a beach to spend the day. I seen the web site for Paradise Beach and that looks good. I like the idea of paying $9 for the use of the beach activities and not being obligated for using the restaurant.

Paradise Beach is good, Sanchos. You can see all the beaches on http://www.cozumelinsider.com

Again thanks :D . When I return next week I promise I hope to give a very positive report.

Dave

Hey...we have cruised out of New Orleans twice since December and close behind you for a 3rd on the 11th. We are driving in from Gulfport on the 11th.

We always park at the new terminal. It is $14 a day, but safe and convenient. I am sure there are several ways to drive in, but we like to see what I happening on Canal when we drive in...so we take I-10 the Canal Street exit. When you get to the end of the ramp keep going straight since Canal is the second intersection.

Take a right on Canal and go to the end.

Curve around to the right at the end of Canal and take a left on the Convention Road.

Go all the way to the end of the Convention Road (you will not be able to see the ship because the Convention Center gets in the way ~ bummer).

When Convention Road dead ends take a left. Go over the tracks and take another left. This takes you right to the Terminal Parking. It does take credit card and cash. We always use our credit card...but we have cash available in case the machine is down for some reason.

When they built the new terminal, they literally put the parking right on top of where you check in.

The directions sound confusing but it really isn't. Since they put the Convention Center in the middle...it just makes you have to around the thing!!

Again, we only go this way because we like to see what is happening on Canal.

Fitness Center will be open and ready for a good work out any time you are.

Paradise Beach is where we go (this will be the 4th time since October). We have a great time. Our 2 boys get the $9 wristbands...but hubby and I do not. It makes it nice that this cost is optional.

Have a great cruise.

Hi Rhonda,

Self-assist.........it would depend on how much luggage you bring. I bring a spare backpack so that I can fill it with stuff that might overflow from the regular suitcases, i.e., liquor purchases, gifts, etc. With it on your back, it is easier to get around then lugging another suitcase.

Not familiar with the airport shuttles as I drive to the port for my cruises. I normally arrive around 11 and am onboard from 11:30 to 12pm.

Dave

Dave,

Does the Fantasy already have the new bedding and the Teen club from the new additions to the Fantasy Class Ships?

Thank you, so this refurb being talked about is it needing it already? Gonna try and book Fantasy for two trips in the next year but dont want the boat to be looking rundown

The Fantasy looks anything but rundown - it's a lovely ship and it's in excellent condition. They're replacing the staterooms and redoing some of the areas as part of an overhaul of all ship in this class. We were on the Fantasy twice last December and will be on her again twice before the refurb, and we have no worries at all. It's a great ship.

What is the best way to get from your hotel to the pier?? We are staying in the French Quarter. Are there shuttles or do you have to take a cab??. If it is a cab, what is the cost??

Cab to the pier. About $7 per person. They will drop you off right where the porters will take your bags.

Thank you LHP and Jetskier on the information concerning parking, fitness club and what to do Cozumel. :) Already printed parking instructions and it is in my glove compartment for the trip to NOLA. :o

Thank you LHP and Jetskier on the information concerning parking, fitness club and what to do Cozumel. :) Already printed parking instructions and it is in my glove compartment for the trip to NOLA. :o

You are welcome Banjo,

We typically get to the pier at around 11am. As you come up the parking ramp, the parking attendant will take your cash or run your credit card. If you are using your credit card, they will want you to sign the printout so dont drive off just yet.

You will then enter the enclosed parking structure and drive about halfway across. This is where the porters will take your luggage. If you look over to the left you will see the elevators you will need to get in and go to the SECOND floor. You can now go find a parking spot and walk back to the elevators.

Dave

You are very welcome. Hubby was born and raised in Long Beach. We still have friends and family scattered all over the coast. We are staying with friends before we sail on the 11th. (Maybe in their "new" house that is still being remodeled since it had 9 ft of water in it) They don't know if they will be moved in by then or still in the apartment.

Have a great cruise!!

We have not been on a cruise with the kids since 2005. When we go with our teen kids in 2009 DS will only be months away from being 15 and DD will be 17. Will Carnival allow him to go up to the 15-17 level to stay with his sister. He is my more shy child and his older sister tends to help him open up with new people.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sheila

You are welcome Banjo,

We typically get to the pier at around 11am. As you come up the parking ramp, the parking attendant will take your cash or run your credit card. If you are using your credit card, they will want you to sign the printout so dont drive off just yet.

You will then enter the enclosed parking structure and drive about halfway across. This is where the porters will take your luggage. If you look over to the left you will see the elevators you will need to get in and go to the SECOND floor. You can now go find a parking spot and walk back to the elevators.

Dave

Is it chaos when you get to the pier at 11am, like in the parking garage and with the porters?

Is it chaos when you get to the pier at 11am, like in the parking garage and with the porters?

We have never seen chaos on the second level.

We arrived earlier than normal in March (about 10:15am) and there was a crowd and confusion on the ground level where the taxis were dropping off and picking up and people standing in line because they had not opened the doors to the new cruisers yet.

When where we pulled in the garage on the second floor...it was fine. They have multiple lanes and the porters will direct you to the proper lane. They will check your documents, unload your luggage and send you on your way.

After we parked our car and when to the ground floor to wait for them to open the doors is where all the "activity" was.

We have never seen chaos on the second level.

We arrived earlier than normal in March (about 10:15am) and there was a crowd and confusion on the ground level where the taxis were dropping off and picking up and people standing in line because they had not opened the doors to the new cruisers yet.

When where we pulled in the garage on the second floor...it was fine. They have multiple lanes and the porters will direct you to the proper lane. They will check your documents, unload your luggage and send you on your way.

After we parked our car and when to the ground floor to wait for them to open the doors is where all the "activity" was.

Thanks for the info LHP!!

Have you sailed Carnival with any teenage kids if so can you look at my post a couple of posts up?

Thanks for the info LHP!!

Have you sailed Carnival with any teenage kids if so can you look at my post a couple of posts up?

We started sailing with our 2 boys when they were 5 and 8. Next month will be their 17th cruise, so they have been through every age group of Camp Carnival.

Sadly there is no definate answer to your question about your 14 year old.

It is completely up to the Director on that cruise. It depends on many factors.

If they have 150 kids in Club O2 and only 20 in the 12-14 year old range....I would guess the answer would be no...for obvious reasons.

I have had Club O2 directors tell me that they use a 3 month rule for making these kinds of decisions....but again that is at their descretion and not all Directors do that.

I know this sounds sexist but I would think they would allow a 14 year old boy quicker than a 14 year old girl....so that may work in your favor.

They have a list of all the children and their ages from the ship's manifest. This list is used to generate a "list" per age group....so I would go to the Club O2 meeting with your children and ask the Director to consider it...explaining why.

I would talk with your son and have him prepared for a no. And then if a yes happens, he will be pleasantly surprised. Who knows, in 2 years, he might not want to be around his sister!!

They do try to accommodate when they can. Sometimes circumstances just don't allow it.

We started sailing with our 2 boys when they were 5 and 8. Next month will be their 17th cruise, so they have been through every age group of Camp Carnival.

Sadly there is no definate answer to your question about your 14 year old.

It is completely up to the Director on that cruise. It depends on many factors.

If they have 150 kids in Club O2 and only 20 in the 12-14 year old range....I would guess the answer would be no...for obvious reasons.

I have had Club O2 directors tell me that they use a 3 month rule for making these kinds of decisions....but again that is at their descretion and not all Directors do that.

I know this sounds sexist but I would think they would allow a 14 year old boy quicker than a 14 year old girl....so that may work in your favor.

They have a list of all the children and their ages from the ship's manifest. This list is used to generate a "list" per age group....so I would go to the Club O2 meeting with your children and ask the Director to consider it...explaining why.

I would talk with your son and have him prepared for a no. And then if a yes happens, he will be pleasantly surprised. Who knows, in 2 years, he might not want to be around his sister!!

They do try to accommodate when they can. Sometimes circumstances just don't allow it.

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. That is kind of what I was thinking and I am glad you had the same thoughts, lol. Except them not wanting to be around each other. They seem to have alot of the same friends and he is getting so tall he has already passed her lol, I imagine the Camp Carnival Director will take one look at my son and prefer he not be with the 12 year olds, as he will be 13 tomorrow and already 5'7, lol he is gonna be a BIG man someday. I am so excited to be traveling with them again its fun to see how excited the kids can get on vacations like this. With 3 cruises booked I am a happy camper too!!!

Will your son be in high school by then? My daughter was a month away from being 15 when we went on our cruise last year. Several people suggested bringing her high school ID with. One reason for age separation is keeping high school kids apart from younger kids. They had no problem with her hanging out with the older kids. Hope this helps!

Archived