Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

Will your son be in high school by then? My daughter was a month away from being 15 when we went on our cruise last year. Several people suggested bringing her high school ID with. One reason for age separation is keeping high school kids apart from younger kids. They had no problem with her hanging out with the older kids. Hope this helps!

Excellent tip!!!!

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. That is kind of what I was thinking and I am glad you had the same thoughts, lol. Except them not wanting to be around each other. They seem to have alot of the same friends and he is getting so tall he has already passed her lol, I imagine the Camp Carnival Director will take one look at my son and prefer he not be with the 12 year olds, as he will be 13 tomorrow and already 5'7, lol he is gonna be a BIG man someday. I am so excited to be traveling with them again its fun to see how excited the kids can get on vacations like this. With 3 cruises booked I am a happy camper too!!!

Oldest son is 19 and finally stopped growing (I hope) Creeping up on 6' 4" and a size 14 shoe. Our 16 year old is leaping toward 6' and I am tired to trying to keep both of them in khakis and suits.

Hello all,

As our sail date approaches I find that I have more and more questions and I have been lurking and reading everyone else's post but now it's my turn:

1. Best place for kids at Costa Maya and Cozumel I have 8 year old triplets and a 3 year old

2. Anyone have recent capers and/or Camp Carnival capers for my kids ages? Anyone have copies of menus? I have tried to do a webshots search but it is teadious

3. Will each child get a ship and sign card? Is there a spending limit? You understand that this worries me?

4. Do I need to bring beach towels or will there be extra towels available

5. Any tips on cruising with kids would be so appreciated. This is their first cruise and I want it to be a GREAT time

Thanks is advance. I am so excited. Sept 17 is almost here!!!!

Hello all,

As our sail date approaches I find that I have more and more questions and I have been lurking and reading everyone else's post but now it's my turn:

1. Best place for kids at Costa Maya and Cozumel I have 8 year old triplets and a 3 year old

Costa Maya, pool at the port village or anywhere along the beach in the village of Mahahual.

Cozumel, Paradise Beach or Chankanaab Park

2. Anyone have recent capers and/or Camp Carnival capers for my kids ages? Anyone have copies of menus? I have tried to do a webshots search but it is teadious

Sorry dont have at the moment.

3. Will each child get a ship and sign card? Is there a spending limit? You understand that this worries me?

Yes, each will get their own S&S card. You can put a limit on it or have it with no charge capabilities.

4. Do I need to bring beach towels or will there be extra towels available

You will need to bring a beach towel. There are two in your cabin. Ask the room steward for two extra. Just make sure you bring them back as you will be charged for them. On some ships you can get towels at the gangway.

5. Any tips on cruising with kids would be so appreciated. This is their first cruise and I want it to be a GREAT time

Let them have fun. My two daughters have enjoyed their times that they have gone.

Thanks is advance. I am so excited. Sept 17 is almost here!!!!

Come visit us on the roll call. We have some t-shirts we are going to print for the cruise.

Dave

I'm so sad I'll miss you guys on the 17th. Not too many people from here on the 9th, it seems.

Susan,

I sure hope you are planning on getting to the terminal on the 8TH or else you are going to miss your ship.:D Wow, just you on your roll call. That's no fun.

Dave

Come visit us on the roll call. We have some t-shirts we are going to print for the cruise.

Dave

I think Dave meant... you will NOT need to bring a beach towel. They are provided. Just don't lose them or be ready to cough up $22!!!

Susan,

I sure hope you are planning on getting to the terminal on the 8TH or else you are going to miss your ship.:D Wow, just you on your roll call. That's no fun.

Dave

ROFL! I only slept 3 hours last night, so I'm not all here.

Yep, it looks like I'll have the WHOLE ship to myself - awesome :)

I think Dave meant... you will NOT need to bring a beach towel. They are provided. Just don't lose them or be ready to cough up $22!!!

LOL, yeah what she said. You will not have to bring one from home but you will need to bring one to the beach "from the ship" as they are not provided at the shore facilities.

Dave

LOL, yeah what she said. You will not have to bring one from home but you will need to bring one to the beach "from the ship" as they are not provided at the shore facilities.

Dave

And sometimes you have to ask your steward more than once to replace your towels for you. Don't be afraid to leave a note and/or call him/her if need be.

We started sailing with our 2 boys when they were 5 and 8. Next month will be their 17th cruise, so they have been through every age group of Camp Carnival.

Sadly there is no definate answer to your question about your 14 year old.

It is completely up to the Director on that cruise. It depends on many factors.

If they have 150 kids in Club O2 and only 20 in the 12-14 year old range....I would guess the answer would be no...for obvious reasons.

I have had Club O2 directors tell me that they use a 3 month rule for making these kinds of decisions....but again that is at their descretion and not all Directors do that.

I know this sounds sexist but I would think they would allow a 14 year old boy quicker than a 14 year old girl....so that may work in your favor.

They have a list of all the children and their ages from the ship's manifest. This list is used to generate a "list" per age group....so I would go to the Club O2 meeting with your children and ask the Director to consider it...explaining why.

I would talk with your son and have him prepared for a no. And then if a yes happens, he will be pleasantly surprised. Who knows, in 2 years, he might not want to be around his sister!!

They do try to accommodate when they can. Sometimes circumstances just don't allow it.

I have also heard on another thread that if you have a high school student ID showing that child is in high school they will let them move up. Has anyone else heard this before or had this experience?

I have also heard on another thread that if you have a high school student ID showing that child is in high school they will let them move up. Has anyone else heard this before or had this experience?

I only know that from "hearsay" (no actual experience), but it makes sense.

High schoolers should be together!!

My question is about the putt-putt course.......when we recently sailed Princess they had a putt-putt competition....do they have this on the Fantasy? It was really fun, and there was a lot of participation and competition.

The only thing close is diving into the swimming pool after the golf balls which are numbered. The highest score wins.

Dave

Hey Guys I scanned the latest Capers from our 7/28 sailing. We had a Blast! I have also posted a review on CC. It is very lengthy so be warned!

Thanks for all the tips they were a lot of help. Dave we found the deck you mentioned behind the Forum and we had it all to ourselves. Another way to get there is to go out the Windows of the Seas in the rear and go down two flights of steps. you can also go to the very back on Atlantic Deck.

Here are the Capers

http://community.webshots.com/user/runenboard

Here is the review. Very wordy!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=31176

Thanks, Mike

Hey Guys I scanned the latest Capers from our 7/28 sailing. We had a Blast! I have also posted a review on CC. It is very lengthy so be warned!

Thanks for all the tips they were a lot of help. Dave we found the deck you mentioned behind the Forum and we had it all to ourselves. Another way to get there is to go out the Windows of the Seas in the rear and go down two flights of steps. you can also go to the very back on Atlantic Deck.

Here are the Capers

Thanks, Mike

THANKS for taking the time to do this! We leave three weeks from today! :D

Ok, my sister and I are looking to book a cat 11 cabin for us and her 2 teen age girls :) ...

What are your thoughts on this ... can it be done ...:confused:

Me and a buddy did CAT 11 on Imagination. It was great for a couple of guys. I fear that putting an extra two nearly adult sized people in this cabin may be pushing the envelope. If you all get along well though, It will probably work fine.

Here are the Capers

Thanks, Mike

Excellent job on the Capers. Thanks so much.

Thanks, Mike

You are welcome Mike. Glad to hear you had a great time. Now to plan the next one. :)

Dave

You are welcome Mike. Glad to hear you had a great time. Now to plan the next one. :)

Dave

We are planning one to Hawaii out of San Diego with RCI in Oct of 08. It is a 15 nighter and cant wait! We loved our first one so much we thought about hiding in the lifeboats! Mike

Dave

question about the "secret deck"... im sure its somewhere in this thread.... but how exactly do we get there? and anyway to tell where it is from the deck plans on carnival's website?? oh and what is the galley??? its on the deck plans on the atlantic deck in between the dining rooms. the "galley" is directly above my stateroom just wanted to know what that is. is it the kitchen? thanks for the help guys~!

question about the "secret deck"... im sure its somewhere in this thread.... but how exactly do we get there? and anyway to tell where it is from the deck plans on carnival's website?? oh and what is the galley??? its on the deck plans on the atlantic deck in between the dining rooms. the "galley" is directly above my stateroom just wanted to know what that is. is it the kitchen? thanks for the help guys~!

Galley is the nautical term for kitchen. It is in the middle so that it can serve both dining rooms.

The secret deck is really a part of the deck. It is on deck 8 at the very rear of the ship and it is on the deck plans on Carnival's site. Very few people go to this part. You can get there by going through the Forum on Deck 9 and out the doors. Once outside, there is a set of stairs to the right which will take you down to it. You can also get to it by exiting out of the Jubilee dining room on Deck 8.

Dave

Archived