Which Itinerary?

sueart46

I could use some help deciding which cruise to take. I use a power wheelchair and would be looking for accessible excursions. The first cruise would be: Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Belize, and Cozumel. The second cruise would be: RCL Island, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Thanks for the help.

I could use some help deciding which cruise to take. I use a power wheelchair and would be looking for accessible excursions. The first cruise would be: Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Belize, and Cozumel. The second cruise would be: RCL Island, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Thanks for the help.

You didn't mention the ship for your 1st cruise. I was on a cruise that went to some of the ports on both your cruises on Radiance OTS in Nov. 05. BTW I'm a power chair user. Grand Cayman & Belize Are both tender ports. I did go ashore due to bad WX at either port. Georgetown GC is a rather small city & can be quite crowded & hard to navigate. When I was there there were 7 ships there & my step mom said it was a "mad house". Depending on the size of the ship & when you arrive Cozumel can also be a tender port. The cruise I was on didn't go there because of damage to the pier. Ocho Rios is a docked port for RCL. There is a very nice fully accessible shopping plaza on the right side of the street running from the pier to town I recommend you go there. Many of the shops in town have 3-4 steps but the owner of 1 I went in had 2 fellows help him lift my chair up the steps. I can do a few steps I walk a little. A few of the shops & at least 1 pestruant are accessible. But do the plaza near the pier. It’s nicer than town & has more shops & restaurants. The best thing to do is check the tannery on the line's web site for your cruise & see which ports are tendered & which are docked. RCL has all their tenders equipt to handle wheelchairs. I didn't do any shore excursions since I'd been to all the ports except Belize & the WX was bad. Happy Cruising:)

Archived