problem with excursion in GC

4 cruis'n

Reading so many posts about ships encountering problems with tendering due to rough waters. We are considering a non-ship excursion at this port. What would happen if we book an excursion and can't get off the ship? Is it my responsibility to call the excursion company from the ship or will they know? Do most companies require a deposit and will that be lost? Any experiences would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Reading so many posts about ships encountering problems with tendering due to rough waters. We are considering a non-ship excursion at this port. What would happen if we book an excursion and can't get off the ship? Is it my responsibility to call the excursion company from the ship or will they know? Do most companies require a deposit and will that be lost? Any experiences would be greatly appreciated. TIA

This is why we like to use Capt. Marvins. If your ship cannot tender due to weather your credit card will not be charged. They know when a ship can not make it in.

Laura

Ask before making any deposits what their policy is. When we used Capt. Bryan's they required a deposit, but said that if the ship was not able to tender in the refund would be refunded in full. I asked how they would know we didn't tender in and they responded they keep track of the ships and are aware of the difficuties in tendering when the sea gets rough.

Archived