Sofa bed in D1

Help is urgently needed. This is our first cruise on RCI. My husband and I will be going on the Radiance for 6 nights from San Diego to Vancouver. We are looking at either D1 or JS. We could do with a D1 as long as there is room to get by the sofa bed to get to the bathroom when it's pulled out at night. Does anyone one know how much space there would be between the bed and the desk when it's folded out? JS looks like it would be better, but of course, more $$. There is only 1 JS left and I have it reserved for 24 hrs. Thanks for your help.

Hi i have not been in either of these cabins before but check out webshots to get pictures of the cabin, the pictures on there are very helpfull and you can find allsorts to answer your question.

Hope this helps a little.

Yes a JS is a little nicer but,the other will be just fine.I would save your $$ and do a D1.the pull out sofa is by the balconey in both rooms.The JS isnt that much bigger either. We just sailed to Alaksa on v.o.s and the JR was alright I wouldnt pay that much for it again the d1 is fine. sarah

How old is your mother? In our D1 last year on the Explorer, it wasn't a "sofa bed", it was a sofa that used the seating part and back of the sofa as a bed, if I recall, it was as hard as a rock.

Yes, the sofa beds are terribly hard...request a foam "eggcrate" mattress topper from the special needs dept. or she'll never get any sleep! We brought our own last cruise...buy a cheap one, put it in a space bag, vacuum out the air, and it fits in the bottom of your suitcase. Then we just donate it to the ship!

I'm not sure about the D1's but we had a JS on the Radiance and our two daughters slept on the sofabed. It's closer to the balcony than the beds, but is a ridiculous configuration. It folds out flat on the floor, so an older adult may have a difficult time getting up and down off the floor. And yes, it's hard as a rock, so anything the steward can do to soften it would be appreciated by Mom.

since my husband snores, I've had the "pleasure" of sleeping on the sofa bed in a D1 on the Splendour. The seating part pulls out flat onto the floor and it's not comfortable. There is very little room between it and the desk. It was on the balcony side of the room so it didn't block the bathroom for him but made it hard for ME to get to the bathroom.

Archived