Conquest in Jamaica

katgilm

We are three families traveling with teenage boys. Which do you think they would like best--Sunset Beach or Doctor's Cave Beach? Also, where would you get less hassled by people selling drugs? I know that you can just say 'no' but I think this might still concern some of the parents.

Thanks, Kathi

I'd vote for sunset beach. It's an all inclusive with a small water park area. Once inside you won't be hassled by pot vendors. If you are there is good security. While this is also true at Doctors Cave you have fewer options on water activities. If you leave to go to Margaritaville you will almost certainly be hassled by all manner of salesmen.

I don't mean this to sound derogatory toward Dr.Cave as I am just answering your question. My wife and I don't smoke pot and are not bothered or concerned by the pushers. We would go to Dr. Cave without reservation. It sounds like your group might be better off at Sunset which is also quite nice.

We just got back and our group went to Sunset Beach. We loved it.

We had 21 so it was a bit unorganized at the front desk. They had a cash line and a credit card line. In the effort to hurry us along they didn't give us a white receipt that they were looking for upon our departure. I was starting to worry because they keep your sign and sail card for security. We just all went to the front gate and they had them all there. Thank goodness. The have several pools, one with a swim up bar. We didn't go snorking, we did the lazy river , the food was good, jerk chicken was HOT, drinks were good and cold. One thing that was mentioned here was to bring your own insulated mug. Sure enough they would fill it up no questions asked.

One thing on the definate to do...... get the massage $1/ minute the girl I had did a wonderful job. We truely enjoyed our time there.

We got a bus right outside the customs area. $2/person. told them we wanted to be picked up at 3 and there they were waiting to bring us back.

Oh another thing that I enjoyed about Jamicia. We got back on board a little early and we had balconies. I guess about 30 minutes before we left, a marching band in full costume performed for us. They played the US national anthem too. Just thought that was a nice touch.

Hope you enjoy.

I actually stayed at Sunset beach for a 5 day vacation. It's fantastic and they have all sorts of activities that you can do there during the days. There is even a nude beach for all of you upset about the F Deck disappearing. (NO worries on the family atmosphere as we never even saw the beach the whole time we were there)

There are several pools and one pool with a swim up bar. There's water activities and the beaches are just beautiful. The activities crew always has some fun games planned as well!

We ventured out a lot around town and during my entire 5 days there was not offered drugs once....although I received several marriage proposals! hahaha :eek: ;)

Archived