Bringing Bottles of Water on Board?

Hi all,

I'll be sailing on the Dawn and was curious if you are allowed to bring bottled water on board? I know RCC allowed it when I said last May, but after everything that happened this summer with liquids on planes I was wondering if the same applied to the cruise ships. Any insight would be appreciated!!

Thank you,

Sofia

Just got back from the 2/25/07 sailing of the Pearl.

I just taped a printout of a "luggage tag" included in our e-docs on a case of bottled water. We gave the case of water to the porter at the curb with our luggage. For some reason, the case of water arrived ourside our cabin door well before our luggage did. :)

I just got off the 2/25 sailing of the Jewel. I put a luggage tag on a 24 pack case of bottled water and tags on 2 12-packs of diet pepsi. I handed it to the curb side porters and they all showed up at my room without a problem. Nothing was said to me or even questioned it. I even offered the porters a bottle of water but they politely refused.

I hope we hear from some more recent cruisers about this issuee. Although I bring a few empty bottles in luggage and fill them at the buffet, I have thought of bringing a case and would like to know about the rule change. How were you notified?

I just got off the Spirit for the Feb. 24 - March 4 cruise - great cruise, btw.

Just wanted to warn anyone who brings water and/or soft drinks. I was told by the porters that you are no longer allowed to check water and soft drinks because they have had too many complaints from people who did not get their water/soft drinks. It's no problem bringing it on board, you just have to be able to carry it yourself.

In addition to my carryon, I had to carry on a 24 bottle case of .5L bottles as well as a 12 can pack of soda. If I had known that, I would just have brought maybe 6 water bottles and bought more in St. Thomas and Tortola.

Maybe the person (JerseyMom) who reported having a problem on Feb. 24th experienced an isolated incident, since both newbe dave and I both were able to check-in cases of water curbside on Feb. 25th.

Archived