Is it really necessary to pre-book Princess Cays "toys"??

racepoint

Got our cruise documents recently for our upcoming cruise on CB in April. Amongst these materials are shore excursion reservation forms, including reservations for kayaks, floats, etc. for Princess Cays. I wouldn't mind to pre-reserve, but you have to pick EXACTLY what time you want to use the equipment (i.e 10:15-10:45 a.m., 10:45-11:15 a.m.) I just don't want to deal with that sort of structure on my vacation. My question is: Is this stuff usually available on a walk-up basis, or will I find that it will be all "sold out" if I don't pre-reserve?

We were on the Star in November. It looked like the "toys" were sold out, however they were never really full. I think it would have been better to not reserve anything and just see what was available. When we got to the Cays, it was a mess. The tenders were late (by 3 hours!), the kids wanted to play on the beach, but I'd already paid for toys. It was a fun time, but I'd say make no committed plans, it would be more relaxing as well!

I prereserved a float mat on Princess Cays. But that was for the whole day...no time slots.

I also took a Banana Boat ride which I did not reserve in advance. No waiting. I just showed my cruise card and got right on.

Archived