cayman snorkeling

On our DCL trip last Oct we nsorkeled right across from the ship at Eden Rock it was free and there was a restraunt. We saw 3 huge Tarpons right there. You will see it as you tender there was a bungee trampolin there too.

Lexi

On our Voyager trip in January, my husband and I did the Catamaran Sail and Snorkel excursion through RCL. We visited two reefs in gorgeous water. The catamaran was only 4 months old and had a full bar and bathroom. It was my favorite excursion of the trip. Not to worry, I didn't see a single stingray (nor was it advertised that we would).

Last November DD and I did the Aquaboats.... we usually don't do the cruiseline excursions but since dh stayed home we did one out of four stops.

We had a blast.... you drive your own 2 person Zodiac type boat with a guide in his own boat.

We headed down to Sandy Point (??) and snorkeled at Smiths Cove. Then back to the harbor area and snorkeled on the wreck there - really amazing how much is still there since it sunk in 1845 (?) Guide had bread for the fish and once I got in the water he put some in the water and I had fish all around me..... amazing. And fun.

Then we headed down to 7 mile beach and zipped all around in and out around the big cruise ships....waving to those onboard,... we really had fun. A little expensive but there is only 2 in one boat and for our excursion there was only 3 boats total (incl the guides) so almost like a private excursion.

I was considering this one so thanks for the advice :) Now with this excursion, do you jump off the boat to snorkel?

On our Voyager trip in January, my husband and I did the Catamaran Sail and Snorkel excursion through RCL. We visited two reefs in gorgeous water. The catamaran was only 4 months old and had a full bar and bathroom. It was my favorite excursion of the trip. Not to worry, I didn't see a single stingray (nor was it advertised that we would).

You can take a taxi and have them drop you off at the Comfort Suites (next to the Marriot). You can go in from the beach there and snorkel the man-made reef.. they put wave barriers there and they are now home to lots of fun fish; urchins, puffers, seargent majors, rasps and more. Plus the restaurant at the pool there, Stingers, is yummy! There is a fresh water shower too.

Also, Coconut Joe's across the street is really good too. One of my brother in laws lived on the Jerk Chicken Sandwich all week! We stayed in the Caymans (got married there) a week prior to our honeymoon cruise and we were able to snorkel everyday right there.

I was considering this one so thanks for the advice :) Now with this excursion, do you jump off the boat to snorkel?

You had the option of jumping off or walking down retractable steps that led directly to the water.

I got back from the Voyager on Saturday. We did the Grand Cayman Snorkeling excursion through the ship. It was wonderful. The boat and crew were fun and there werent too many people on the boat...maybe 20 or 30. The coral reef was very good. The ship wreck stop was okay. It was very big, but there were less fish here. Overall, wonderful! Have fun with whatever you do!

Do you remember the exact name of the excursion you went on?

I got back from the Voyager on Saturday. We did the Grand Cayman Snorkeling excursion through the ship. It was wonderful. The boat and crew were fun and there werent too many people on the boat...maybe 20 or 30. The coral reef was very good. The ship wreck stop was okay. It was very big, but there were less fish here. Overall, wonderful! Have fun with whatever you do!

PartyHatCruiser - We are booked on this excursion in two weeks from the Freedom. I'm glad to hear you had a good experience! How was the rental equipment? Do you know if they had kids' sizes? Thanks-

I would reccomend that you buy a snorkel on the ship iteslf. I know from experience that rest of the equipment is usually fine, but the snorkels can be gross. Plus they are like $5 and no one else has had them in their mouths....so worth it in my opinion!

Archived