Booking flights and hotel rooms

cleo656

I've not sailed NCL before, and I have a question with regards to getting your own flight and hotels.

I am looking into booking on the Spirit out of NYC for the Canadian cruise, but I can get a flight to NYC cheaper than NCL offers. I would like to go a few days early and book the hotel thru the cruise line. Does anyone know if this possible to do? From what I have researched with the cost of getting to the hotel from the airport and then to the port it is basically a wash cost wise. But not sure if this is possible.

Thanks for your advice.

We always book our own flights and hotels. However, I've never tried to book the cruise line hotel without booking their flight so you'll have to call them and see. Is the price better booking through them than through the hotel directly? You can call the hotel and see if they'll match the price if you book directly with them. You can also check out other hotels, I book all of mine through priceline but with some research first. Try http://www.biddingfortravel.com and it will tell you which hotels come up in which areas you're looking at.

We booked our own flights for our Dream cruise this summer. But, we booked our hotel thru NCL. At the time we booked, they said they didn't have any air available, so don't know if this made a difference.

We will have to get to the hotel ourselves, but since we booked the hotel thru NCL they provide transfers to the pier from our hotel. We also purchased NCL transfers to get from the pier to the airport after the cruise.

The best thing to do is call them and see what they have. Worse case you'll have to book your own flight, hotel and transportation. Not that hard to do in NYC. Good luck and have a great cruise!

Archived