Looking for combo tour of Stingray City and Turtle Farm

sstephy

Hi, I need some help.

We'd like to visit Stingray City and The Turtle Farm in a tour package.

I did find one through Nativeway and have e-mailed them however they're not operating that tour the day we're in port - April 8, a Friday.:(

Can someone point me in the direction of a tour operator who offers both Stingray City and some form of a land tour including Turtles? (yes, we have a turtle lover in the group). :)

Thanks for your help, Steph

Check out Captain Marvins website. It says that they have an island tour which includes the turtle farm. They then can combine it with one of their stingray city tours. The website says, give them a call and they will help you arrange it. Hope this helps. We are doing Captain Marvins 1/2 day snorkle excursion in July on the Mariner - really looking forward to it!

I have had great success with emailing Captain Marvin's. <info@captainmarvins.com> We were going to try to do the 2 hour snorkle and Island tour, but can't with the difference in ship and island time. So it will be Stingray City only. We are only in port 7 am to 2 pm. Maybe I can find someone to those postcards for me from Hell.:D

I'm working on Captain Marvin. We're the only ship in port that day and am hoping they may adjust their schedule a bit so that we can do the Island tour first thing in the morning and then do the Stingray City tour that ends at 1:30 which would leave a good part of the day open and also allow us to see and do most of what we'd hoped.

Nativeway's land and Stingray tour was perfect, but they aren't operating it the day we're there. If you want a great tour that covers everything on land and a plenty of time and individual attention in Stingray City they're the ones to go with.

Steph

What a bummer that Nativeway is not operating that day. We just did this tour with them. ( we were there on a Wednesday). However, from reading on the boards, I would think that Capt Marvin would be just as good a choice. Good luck!!! the turtle farm was a lot of fun. We are thinking about spending more time just there the next time.

I'd be careful about plans with Native way

I e-mailed Nativeway regarding island tour and stingray city in Feb and they returned an e-mail and told me they would book me but if 8 people didn't also book it then the trip would be canceled.

I sent an e-mail on Monday to confirm and I just got a reply that said the tour had no availability. So here I am saliling on Sunday and no excursion for Grand Cayman.

I had not heard of any thing like that with Capt M and I'm hoping to hook up with Capt M when in port.

But if anyone knows of another tour group that does the Island tour and stingray city I appreciate it.

J

no, there was no extra charge for the turtle farm. I am surprised that they cancelled on you. I had actually gone from a reservation of 9 to a reservation of only 3. I emailed them a few weeks out about the lower number and it was not a problem.

What we found that actually happend was that we had our reservation, a family of 4 had a reservation and then they picked up 2 people at the pier who were interested and had no idea who this company was ... or that others had made prior arrangements.

Since we had been with Nativeway 2 times before.. and I let them know that.. we felt just as well taken care of as in the past and had a great time.

Hi, I need some help.

We'd like to visit Stingray City and The Turtle Farm in a tour package.

I did find one through Nativeway and have e-mailed them however they're not operating that tour the day we're in port - April 8, a Friday.:(

Can someone point me in the direction of a tour operator who offers both Stingray City and some form of a land tour including Turtles? (yes, we have a turtle lover in the group). :)

Thanks for your help, Steph

Steph - April 8, 2007 is a Sunday...will that change anything?

Steph - April 8, 2007 is a Sunday...will that change anything?

It sure does change things. I'm not there on April 8th. I'm there on Friday, April 13. I blew it when I originally posted and hope I didnt' mess anyone else up!

I'm going back and forth between booking with Captain Marvin's Island and Stingray tour and using the ships tour which includes Stingray City, Turtle Farm, Rumcake factory and Hell. My only hesitation with the ship's tour is going with a huge group of people. Other than that they visiting every place we'd want to go. The time of the ship's tour is also not the most ideal. They start at 10:45 and end close to 2:30 with no stop for refreshments.

Captain Marvin is still a possibility.

Has anyone heard from someone who has done both their Island and Stingray City tour?

Thanks bunches

Archived