The upgrade fairy smiled on me

Karen Isaac

Just returned from the Victory 5 day Canada cruise. This was my first cruise on Carnival. I booked an 8A guarantee in April and when we boarded we made our way to a suite! Room 7243...a beautiful room. We were so happy...it definitely made the trip!! FYI... when I got my docs, the room # on the back of the sail and sign card documents did not match the room we eventually received.

Guest Time2gocruzn

WOW! That is wonderful! Send some of that upgrade fairy dust my way! lol! Glad you had a good time! What a nice suprise!:)

I just found out the same thing this week. My balcony guarantee has been upgarded to a Cat. 12 suite on Conquest for a Sept. sailing. Were there any other perks that you received that would not have been included in your other stateroom?

Karen,

I'm like Ali38 I too would like for you to tell us about you Victory Cruise.:)

We are going Sept 25th.:D

Also while I'm here how far out from you cruise date can you have the upgrade fairy visit you, or is it closer to time or even at boarding.

Thanks

Hey RamsFanJeff:

We sail the Conquest on Sept. 5th and have four in our party. This is my third cruise and first upgrade of any kind. We guessed that maybe we received such a good upgrade (from Balcony guarantee to Cat. 12) for some of the following reasons:

-3rd cruise, Carnival wants to keep us happy and repeat customers

-booked six months in advance through Travelocity (maybe we are getting some perks for booking at least six months out)

-Four persons in our cabin. Easier to accommodate this size group in a suite

-Suites are so expensive, that Carnival would do better by upgrading us and then selling our "old" cabin to someone else.

What does everyone else think? Or are we just lucky?...

Seajan one of the advantages of a Cat 11 and Cat 12 is the Skippers Club in New Orleans. When you get to the port just ask where the Skippers Club is. You won't have to wait in the long line to check in and board the ship. Also the Cat 12 has a jacuzzi tub, refrigerator and VCR. We were upgraded to a Cat 11 on our cruise to Canada shortly after Sept 11. With all the extras I was spoiled so now only a Cat 11 for us. We will be back on the Conquest Oct 3, 2004. This time I did the Cat 11 on the Lido deck. Can't wait to see it. We were in a regular Cat 11 on our last cruise on the Conquest-so if anyone has info on the 9205/9206 please let me know.

Well I did not receive an upgrade for our 10/26 Legend cruise but when I paid the final payment is was $102.00 cheaper than I expected so I was happy with that.

By the way I do not expect an upgrade because I choose my cabin when I booked a year in advance.

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping for the same upgrade! I booked and oceanview gaur. on the Paradise for 9/24 and on my docs I found the "secret" room # and was given an ov gaur. but 3 levels up! BUT, my tags were TBA tags, and I've been looking on the "Book Modiy" page on Carnival's website and I'm still showing a TBA room, so maybe since we are also a room with 4 women, they might upgrade us to a suite. You think?! Maybe wishful thinking, but who knows! I will let you all know when we get back! :)

Archived