What to do i Miami before flight??

C-foxatsea

I am planning a cruise in August with my two kids (ages 8 & 10), and the flight I want doesn't depart from Miami to go home until 5:45 pm. Since I know we can't stay on the ship that long, what does anyone recommend the three of us do all day until our flight leaves? Also, how early can we check our luggage in? I wouldn't mind checking out the town, but don't want to haul our luggage all over. It will be a long time to hang out with two little ones in an airport, so please help!!!! :confused:

You did not say what airline u are flying with, but AA and delta for 20 per person can get boarding passes and luggage tags delivered to your room last night. You disembark, claim your luggage and do thru customs and to stand where airlines are set up, leave your luggage and are free for the day.

South Beach is nice to walk around, would go to Miami tourism site to see what else would interest your children

One thing I wanted to point out: We flew in & out of Miami last year for our cruise and I was surprised at how "small" the airport seemed. At least the terminal we were in, not really any shops, hardly any choices for eating. If you plan on eating something at the airport, I recall there was a Chili's (Too?) right when you got into the airport BEFORE you went through the security checkpoint. I would highly advise stopping there to eat before going in to wait for your flight if you're eating. We had 3 hours before our flight and were bored out of our minds waiting inside the terminal. Just my two cents...

• 2 weeks later...

just like all other ports you go to on your cruise they to have shore excurtions in miami also we did one that took us on a tour to south beach and miami beach we also went to a really cool marina and took a river type cruise around star island and all the other nice homes all the stars live in we had a 6pm flight out that night so we just looked thru all the things to do and did that look thru your doc book and it offers things to do even your home port

Archived