Dinner Seatings

Hi cruiser, when we did our cruises on Star last year.

Coral restaurant.

first dinner was 6.30pm

second sitting 8.30pm

breakfast 8am-9.30am

lunch 12.15pm-1.45pm

maybe they have changed now.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi Oztraveller we were onboard in December and 1st sitting commenced

at 5.45pm!!!!!! omg .... and you were denied entry if you were 15mins late..... A tad early for us so we have now swapped to 2nd sittings :D cheers

They usually make an announcement over the PA 15 minutes prior to the first seating. If it's the same guy who did the announcement on our cruise, they always end with "Bon Apetito" which brings a smile to my face just thinking about it now.

When we book we ask for the late seating (except Alaska where we actually wanted early, and couldn't change), and we end up with early, and have to end up getting the TA to change it!!:rolleyes: We find the late seating more appealing somehow. Only downside is if the early sitting runs over. We always seem to be the first table finished, yet amongst the last to leave.:o

I was on Star last August and had early sitting which was 5:45pm. I was quite disappointed as we missed all the sunsets and sailaway excitement because we were off getting ready for dinner. For my next cruise, I've booked late sitting, I hope that's better.

Trevor.

Hi

We just finished a cruise on the Star last Saturday (3/3) and the first dinner seating was 5.45 and the doors were shut at 6pm. Hope this helps

Robyn

Robyn, could you tell me what time second sitting was?? We are booked on that one and 8.30 seems a tad late:(

The second sitting is at 8.30pm, but the great thing about cruising is that time no longer matters. We always go for the late sitting; you aren't as rushed as they don't need to get you out to re-set for another sitting and you get to drink a relaxing cocktail on deck watching the sun set while the early sitting is inside eating their meals. We usually have a late lunch so we don't hungry waiting for an 8.30pm start.

My recent south seas romance times were:

1st Sitting 5:45 (which i was on)

2nd Sitting 8:00

First sitting suited me because we could get ready in our room, go straight to dinner and walk out and straight into the Starlight lounge for the evening show. It seems to be a good order to me.

On the Sun I am sure there was 2 sittings for early and 2 for late. 2 dining rooms of course, one at 5.45pm and the other half and hour or so later for the early and 7.45pm and 8.30 pm for the later. Something like that, I guess it was for the kitchen to cope, not sure. Anyone else remember it like that?

On the Sun I am sure there was 2 sittings for early and 2 for late. 2 dining rooms of course, one at 5.45pm and the other half and hour or so later for the early and 7.45pm and 8.30 pm for the later. Something like that, I guess it was for the kitchen to cope, not sure. Anyone else remember it like that?

Yes howsthis u are right with that in november 2006 it was the same 15 min diff between restaurants

The dinner seatings on the Star were 5:45 and 8:00 (and they did ask you be there within 15 minutes after that time or you may be refused - they take your order pretty much as soon as you are seated - so I guess it is a bit hard if they have people arriving all the time)

The food was lovely - will miss it and the great table service, back to doing dishes again too:eek:

Archived