1st NON Farcus ship : Freedom...do you like it??

sharecruises

I was just enjoying zydecocruiser's pictures....wondered how others liked the new ship's design....(not meaning experience, waitstaff, etc...I mean DESIGN? Decor?)

From what I understand this is the FIRST ship that was NOT designed by Joe Farcus, the love him or hate him master of Carnival fantasy and whimsey in design....

how does the new ship compare?? Who designed it??

any difference that you can see?? It looks good to me, pool area very very nice....the piano bar is...LOUD looking ...LOL

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/free07/ship/ship.htm

How did the "decor" or theme look as opposed to the many Farcus designed Carnival ships>?? thanks

I was just enjoying zydecocruiser's pictures....wondered how others liked the new ship's design....(not meaning experience, waitstaff, etc...I mean DESIGN? Decor?)

From what I understand this is the FIRST ship that was NOT designed by Joe Farcus, the love him or hate him master of Carnival fantasy and whimsey in design....

how does the new ship compare?? Who designed it??

any difference that you can see?? It looks good to me, pool area very very nice....the piano bar is...LOUD looking ...LOL

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/free07/ship/ship.htm

How did the "decor" or theme look as opposed to the many Farcus designed Carnival ships>?? thanks

I couldn't tell. The Cigar bar design was right out of the Joe Farcus handbook.

Farcus is indeed the architect. Just like he did with Liberty, he has learned to tone down, but he does go back to his old ways at times.:p

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/freedom_design.aspx

"I thought it would be interesting to go back in time to find inspiration for the various public rooms," said Joe Farcus, Carnival’s ship architect. "As always, I tried to use the function of the room to suggest how the room will reflect the central design idea."

OhioJeff - not to hijack this thread but wanted to tell you I saw that pic that you have in your signature on Wheel of Fortune last night. It's a special week, I forgot what they are calling it but in the background they have all these tropical pictures from places like Tahiti and other locations in the south pacific. I recognized that boat right away from your sig. (sorry if a bunch of people have already told you this and I'm just repeating it, LOL). :D

I thought he was retiring or had retired....maybe he came back and did this last one LOL??

I thought the Statue of Liberty looked pretty cool, the buffet dining looks good....do you think he really did most of this ship tho?? I swear I read he was retiring....

I thought the ship looked kind of different from the pictures of the Liberty ...(and others)...not sure if the "Freedom" theme really came thru??

I thought he was retiring or had retired....maybe he came back and did this last one LOL??

I thought the Statue of Liberty looked pretty cool, the buffet dining looks good....do you think he really did most of this ship tho?? I swear I read he was retiring....

I thought the ship looked kind of different from the pictures of the Liberty ...(and others)...not sure if the "Freedom" theme really came thru??

Well if he did retire then it doesn't mean that the blue prints will retire. So maybe someone just went off the blueprints that he had drawn.:confused:

Either way the ship look's great. Even tho it is just sitting out there and not moving right now. (3-6-07) Why is she just sitting there anyways, Are they just preparing the crew:confused:

Where did you read that? As far as I know or have read, he has no plans to retire. The name of the ship "Freedom" is not the theme of the ship. Its theme is Decades through the centuries.

Here is an article from 2005 http://www.worldcruise-network.com/features/feature280/

THE DREAM CONTINUES

It could be argued that Farcus has one of the most interesting jobs in the world. The impact of his designs on the world's cruise industry and its customers over the past 28 years is incalculable, and thoughts of retirement are still a long way off.

"When I was in my late 40s I was thinking about the concept of retirement," he says, "but the only way that would come into being is if I felt I wasn't doing good work. If I'm doing the work that I think is right and if the people who hire me believe that as well, then I'm going to keep going as long as I'm physically able."

Either way the ship look's great. Even tho it is just sitting out there and not moving right now. (3-6-07) Why is she just sitting there anyways, Are they just preparing the crew:confused:

:confused: She is docked in Dubrovnik,Croatia today as scheduled.

Well I did not think the "blueprint" would be reworked much....it is based on the other ships in the fleet...I did read somewhere that he had retired or slowed down...and/or was giving over some of the DESIGN to others..

thanks for the article about the "theme"....looking at the pictures it was not that clear what theme was tho the lido/buffet area looks pretty cool with the statue of liberty

70's Disco makes sense too <grin>

what is the color "scheme" on this one?? I saw a lot of dark colors, burgandy etc....thanks

I can still tell thats a carnival ship. The Shower and the cabin, all but the flat screen TV in the room is Carnival. I cant wait to sail on the Freedom. New Years 2008-2009 looks good for me to book this summer for a great cabin. Great pictures Thank you Very much for and inside look.

I think that girl in bathing suit and cap by the pool is spooky looking. Dont like it.

YOU read my mind! Creeeeeeeeeeeepy! :eek:

LOVE the pool chairs. Have yet to sail with anything but those blue and white striped plastic deals that fall apart every time you adjust. :mad:

Archived