Princess in Texas?

cruisingnana

Has anyone had any information on whether or not Princess will return to Texas ports in fall of 2008? We have a FCB that we need to use by l2/08 and would really prefer to sail from a local port (Houston or Galveston). Hopefully they will schedule at least one ship back in 2008. Any insider info would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Has anyone had any information on whether or not Princess will return to Texas ports in fall of 2008? We have a FCB that we need to use by l2/08 and would really prefer to sail from a local port (Houston or Galveston). Hopefully they will schedule at least one ship back in 2008. Any insider info would be greatly appreciated. TIA

from what I hear...its a negative. Supposedly Princess and some others are pulling away due to transfer costs from the airport to the docks... people were spending more on transfers and less on the boat. Carnival and Norwegian I believe are the only ones still planning on it.

A Galveston based cruise industry is a boon for those that live within a day's driving distance. It is a real expensive pain in the wallet for the rest. The time, traffic congestion and expense involved in getting from the airport to the ship put Galveston on my "never again" list.

Princess will more than likely cruise from the new cruise terminal when it opens at Bayport in 2008. The terminal can handle 3 ships at one time and a heck of a lot closer to IAH and Hobby then Galveston. It will be a beautiful terminal and should be very easy in an out. I live only about 3 miles from the terminal and it should only be a 45 minute ride from IAH and a 30 minute ride from Hobby. In both cases the traffic will be minor compared the night mare of IH 45. I should know I have lived here for 60 years.

Regards

Archived