Nativeway Stingray and Island Tour

ann2

Has anyone done this tour? It seems to cover a LOT of ground (turtles, Hell, Tortuga Rum Factory, Seven Mile Beach, Governor's House, AND stingrays) and yet they advertise that it only takes four hours. Is this possible????

We just did this tour with them last week. It was a great tour.. yes, it is possible. You drive by the governers house and old homestead house. You go to the turtle farm for about 30 minutes.. with a quick stop through the gift shop. It is then across the street to the rum factory. It is really crowded there... so you dont have time to mingle around for too long. Grab a few bites and make your purchase quick. Then, on to Hell... again, a quick stop. They then take you to the dock to meet up with the boat. It takes about 20 minutes to ride out to sting ray city and then you are out there for about 40-45 minutes. The only thing about going on this tour is that you get out to sting ray city later in the day... by then, we found that the sting ray were very full!!!! We were waving food around and most were not interested. It is still very fun and exciting... but having been there many times before.. it was not totally the same. ( but still a great adventure... especially for the price!!!!)

Then, back on the boat and head back to the ships... I think we stopped for a minute to see 7 mile beach on the way back.

We were with a group of 9 total for the tour.. a nice sized group. And then about 25 for sting ray city... again... a nice sized group. I would do this tour again... this was our 3rd time with nativeway... ( the other times we have only done sting ray city with snorkeling)

Thanks for the information, shrimp0! Was hesitant to book without hearing firsthand from someone's experience... sounds like a wonderful tour! Will definitely be doing this one.:)

Thanks for your comments, Wendy -- Mike & I are considering now what tour to book at GC during our Dec 07 Radiance cruise with 4 of our grandkids (9, 13, 14, 15) -- Already the 9 yr old is talking about going to the stingrays!! Trying to decide if the Turtle Farm portion is "worthwhile"..... Any thoughts on this for me?

You dont have a lot of time at the turtle farm... but we found it pretty interesting. My 8 year old loved being able to hold the turtles... but so did all the adults and kids of all ages!!!!

We have done the sting ray tour that also goes snorkeling... we found this to be more enjoyable .. and gave us a chance to really see more of the full island life. ( more then just the shopping at the port area).

How much did you pay per person? My family and I are going on the Conquest august 17th 2008. I have my husband, mother, daughter 16 and son 9. I was trying to find a cheaper way to see the island. The cruise excursions are a little pricey.

I believe Nativeway was 45 dollars per person. Much less to do it on your own then to go with the cruise company!!!! You also get a smaller group which always means more attention just for you!!!!!

Archived