Booking Difficulties?

spindrift

Guess maybe Oceania is too full? I have been on over 40 cruises, and haven't had as hard a time booking as I have on this line.

I have had a problem with a holiday booking because of taking care of my lovely 94 year old Mother for the holidays, but in trying to book for the 1/18 South America cruise, my agent is telling me they dont' have any PH categories available. I have a real difficult time believing that, but I guess I must find another line.

Surely someone on this board can answer if it is booked or not or is my agent trying to book me on another line?

I was so looking forward to this trip, but I am sooo disappointed I may not be able to change to the 1/18 trip. I have had my PH stateroom booked for several months. You would think they would let me change.

Any recommendations or comments?

My thought would be to call Oceania directly. You certainly don't have to book with them, as that's probably an expensive way to go, but they can probably give you accurate information about cabin availability.

I am not sure where you have a Penthouse booked..but the January 18 and February 2 cruises have been sold out for months and Feb 2 is wait-listed over 200 persons..you may try the January 3 trip which is the reverse of the 18th I believe there is still space on that cruise..

Jan
Cruzunlimited

Thanks for your responses. WOW, that is sooo hard to believe the ship is sold out. That's kind of a good news--bad news situation, isn't it.

Well, one way or another, I will just hold on to my current reservations with a wait list on the others.

Thanks for your input,

Hi Spindrift, I beleive it was sold out within two weeks of the book opening..with only 674 pax it sells out quickly..if you want to go on Oceania, I suggest you watch their website for the next week or so as I have heard the new itineraries are due out and the best ones will sell out very soon, I do belive!!

Jan
Cruzunlimited

This is very interesting. A week or so ago I booked what I was told the last PH on the December 17th So. America cruise. I was wondering if what I was told by my TA (who is new to me) was true. Apparently it was.

All this being said, I cannot understand why they have not yet posted their shore excursions or hotel packages. This will be our first Oceania cruise and are really looking forward to it.

Fortunately, Oceania is so busy that they are very far behind on their destinations..in progress now is 2005 brochures..
Since you cant book until on board..(except for packages) I wouldnt worry, they will be out in plenty of time!!

Jan
Cruzunlimited

Would be nice if they could get their hotel packages posted somewhere for South America. Their packages programs "Sound" great in the brochure- so would be nice if they actually had some to offer us [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Next stop:
Buenos Aires to Rio Oceania - "Insignia"
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;2;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0300[/img]

[img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/mermaidswim.gif[/img]
[img]http://jammerbabe.com/images/gifs/icon_treasurebox.gif[/img]

Yes, it looks like we will stay with the 12/15 trip, but we need to know the hotel packages pre and post. How long do you all think it will be before we will know the flights and the pre and post packages?

Archived