Decision to make

travgurl

Decision to make, whether to travel on the Carnival Glory of Royal Carribean Grandeur of the Seas in mid July. Glory travels to Belize, Costa Maya, Cozemel, and Nassau; Grandeur travels to Haiti, Samana Dominician Republic, San Juan, and Charlotte St Thomas. Seven vs nine nights, fly to the Glory or drive to the Grandeur. Traveling with my husband and 3 older teens, first time cruisers. Any thoughts?

You didn't mention prices. That would influence my decision somewhat, you might want to figure price per day since they are different. The airfare is a consideration in the price also and transportation to the port. We never cruised on Carnival but cruised the GOS this past Oct. out of Baltimore. It was great.

I cruised the Glory for our first cruise last year. I loved it! Traveled with my then five and twelve year old kids who adored Camp Carnival and all the activities. I picked Carnival because of the price, I have to say. I wasn't expecting anything close to the vacation I got. As far as the ports go...Belize's most popular excursion is ziplining/cave tubing. We didn't go that route, due to my youngest's age and my injured knee. We opted for the River Wallace/Altun Ha Mayan ruin tour. Very cool...saw lots of wildlife in the rainforest. Cozumel has the most beautiful water...I tried snorkeling and can't wait to go back! Even my five year old thought this was amazing. In Nassau we took a city tour, which included the Hotel Atlantis and then hit the beach for the rest of the afternoon. We just relaxed in Costa Maya. There are pools, shopping, bars and restaurants right off the pier. You can only do so many excursions before you're dog tired.

I loved it so much I'm booked this fall on the Legend out of Tampa with the exact same itinerary except Grand Cayman replaces Nassau. Can't wait!

Sherry

Archived