Roll call - Friends of Julie 4/23/07 Splendour TA

julieanne

It appears that on our roll call board, I was told RCI is also becoming homophobic! So, we have changed the Friends of Dorothy to the Friends of Julie (Cruise Director of the Love Boat) for our transatlantic sailing! We will find a way to have the CD post the FOD meetings in the daily compass and we invite everyone who is sailing with us to our roll call board! Please come join us over on the meet and mingle thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=440089. We're looking forward to meeting all our fellow cruisers!

Geez, I leave you lone for 10 minutes and look at what you're doing.

I'll be happy with a FOJ, hell call it what ever you want, just don't call me late for drinks.

See ya on the Splendor

Brian & Kevin

I thought I was just bein' sociable! I didn't realize there were two different boards! We are WHO we are, not what we do. Now go find me a pink tiara as I will need one for the Ladies who drink and eat chocolate ;)

I'm hoping we will have a festive crowd. :)

I look at some of the other transatlantic cruises and their FOD/FOJ threads are pages and pages long! I'm hoping some aren't hiding out so we have to guess who they are on board...though that's fun too. :D

-Steve

Hi All,

Last year's SOTS'S transatlantic had a large group at the FOD parties. Generally held daily in the Viking Crown Lounge. If I recall correctly it was listed in the daily planner. The LEGEND trip the year before was the same way.

I have found that there is alway's a number of couples and sometimes even singles who stay away from such events....to each his own :) !!

Always suspect there is a number of married guys that would like to attend and an equal number of their wive's wishing that their husbands would!

Tim

Always suspect there is a number of married guys that would like to attend and an equal number of their wive's wishing that their husbands would!

Tim

Tim -

Well, if it's anything like the sauna... You know, less at the FoD/FoJ, more there at times you wonder why they don't have the get-together there. :D

I'm just happy we've got a good bunch of people going, because if it's as funny as the group message thread, it'll be a blast, Gay or Straight!

-Steve

Tim -

Well, if it's anything like the sauna... You know, less at the FoD/FoJ, more there at times you wonder why they don't have the get-together there. :D

I'm just happy we've got a good bunch of people going, because if it's as funny as the group message thread, it'll be a blast, Gay or Straight!

-Steve

Trust me, you're in good hands! We love the FOD/FOJ group! They made our first transatlantic cruise so great. And, I hope you know we're your friends ;).

Our group was huge on the last one, but they seemed inclined to be very clique-ish, which I could understand as I think some passengers complained (idiots) and got them moved to the sports bar. That's not happening this time!

You guys are a hoot.

Julie nice to see you started a thread here as none of the rest of us did. i was pretty content with our roll call thread but it's good idea to have a presence here as well.

I like the FOD/FOJ because I'm not good at guessing. Maybe you can help me with that Steve? I might not be the only one to need help. Maybe you could conduct seminars/classes during the cruise?

See ya....Mark

I like the idea of someone conducting a "Gaydar 101" class, because I know mine sucks (honestly, no pun intended :) !!

I just booked a hotel roonm at the Quality Inn and Suites at IAH for the 22nd. Want to make sure I have a fighting chance for making the trip. Last yeat I went day of departure and was pretty uncomfortable doing that...even if it all worked out.

Tim

I like the idea of someone conducting a "Gaydar 101" class, because I know mine sucks (honestly, no pun intended :) !!

I just booked a hotel roonm at the Quality Inn and Suites at IAH for the 22nd. Want to make sure I have a fighting chance for making the trip. Last yeat I went day of departure and was pretty uncomfortable doing that...even if it all worked out.

Tim

Mines pretty good (my gaydar)! HAHAHAHA LOL Like I care anyway! I just put a thread over here as I know some may be uncomfortable on the main thread. I don't understand some -------people's reactions, but if they don't like it, they can leave......I think there are only a few on the main board that may be a prob........but, that's why we'll be hanging with you guys, cause we know where the fun will be! I took alook at Ponta Delgada photos again this am.......I remember it even better now! It was quaint, but I have a feeling we'll be going straight to the gift shop, then the bar! LOL You guys up for the gift exchange as well?

Hi All,

Last year's SOTS'S transatlantic had a large group at the FOD parties. Generally held daily in the Viking Crown Lounge. If I recall correctly it was listed in the daily planner. The LEGEND trip the year before was the same way.

I have found that there is alway's a number of couples and sometimes even singles who stay away from such events....to each his own :) !!

Tim

That would be the perfect place! On Celebrity, theirs was in the disco as well. Worked out great because most of the oldies didn't dance! Ok, I take that back.....:eek:

Julie, why is there a deodorant advertisement in your original post? Are you going to be 'pushing' personal hygiene products during the cruise?

What?! who is uncomfortable on the roll call thread?

Tim, I'm staying at the Sleep Inn IAH on the 22nd and taking the RCI shuttle Monday morning. They said there would be a few and I want to be on the first one. They said to get there by 10am.

See ya,,,,,Mark

Hi Mark,

I took the RCCL shuttle last year to Galveston on the day of departure. It was fine, except I came in on Northwest which I think was one of the last terminals, sooo we had a large group gathered from all the various flights.

Ended up waiting a very long time, since the buses were filling up at the other terminals and bypassing ours since they were full :( !! Since I'm staying overnight, think I might try and get dropped off at one of the baggage claim areas of the first terminals in hopes of catching an earlier bus. Maybe we could co-ordinate being on the same bus? Just a thought :) !!

The weather is nasty here the last couple of days..making me long for the sea..... I remember Key West was hotter than the hingles of hell last year when I went at about the same time. Thank God for decent air conditioning. Also congrats on the new job. Many years ago when I got out of the Navy I sort of put my job hunting on hold to go do the two months in Europe Eurorail thing. Never regretted it and ended up with the job I wanted anyway!

Cheers, Tim

Tim, thanks the for info! Getting off at the first terminal does sound like a good idea. Sure coordinating would be good. Does 10am at the baggage claim sound like a good time for catching the first bus?

2 months in Europe sounds like an excellent experience and one I would like to have some day.

I was wondering about the hingles....

I would expect no less Julie.

Mark

Tim, thanks the for info! Getting off at the first terminal does sound like a good idea. Sure coordinating would be good. Does 10am at the baggage claim sound like a good time for catching the first bus?

2 months in Europe sounds like an excellent experience and one I would like to have some day.

I was wondering about the hingles....

I would expect no less Julie.

Mark

LOL, thanks Mark and Tim! I was wondering about the "hingles" as well!....Was having a tough time with that one.....We don't arrive in IAH until 10:45, otherwise, we'd join you!

Archived