uxmal and entrance fee pesos??

megsterl

Planning a trip to uxmal on my own and have read a couple post about uxmal one of them says that they will only take pesos for the entrance fee, is this correct? If so anyone know where I can exchange for pesos and how much it is so I have enough pesos on me thanks in advance. MEG

Meg. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if Uxmal would not take US dollars. Each time I've been to Uxmal, I've been on a land vacation and had pesos. But, I've never had problems with dollars anywhere. Just carry plenty of dollars in small denominations. Most places will not have US for change. There are several banks and money exchanges in central Merida.

10 or 11 to one dollar.

I too would be surprised if you had trouble using USD's at Uxmal. I think the fee's about $4 (Chichen Itza's roughly $10.) Before I go I always get some one's from the bank. It's normal when using USD's to do a 10-1 exchange. If the entrance is listed at 40 pesos I'd be shocked if they turned you away for handing them four ones.

Archived