Recent Celebration Cruisers

tigerdadky

Hey now 4 weeks out from my Celebration cruise and I'm going crazy to find out all I can from recent Celebration Cruisers. What kindof onboard activities do they have. What not to miss in Key West and Nassau. What was your favorite food and dessert in the dining room. How was the cruise director. Just anything someone wants to volunteer. How far out before you got your docs. Havent gotten mine yet. Thanks for any info you want to share.

Hey now 4 weeks out from my Celebration cruise and I'm going crazy to find out all I can from recent Celebration Cruisers. What kindof onboard activities do they have. What not to miss in Key West and Nassau. What was your favorite food and dessert in the dining room. How was the cruise director. Just anything someone wants to volunteer. How far out before you got your docs. Havent gotten mine yet. Thanks for any info you want to share.

We were on Celebration two weeks ago and had an absolutely fabulous time. Re: onboard activities, we went to the shows every night. The Carnival dancers put on quite a show. There was a comedian one night, a juggler another night and the very good X-treme country show. We also enjoyed the Talent Show, whereby people on the cruise try out and 7 are chosen to perform and get rated by the "panel".

Our cruise director was Trevor Block and he was really funny, but I think he's switching ships before you cruise. Favorite food was the Chateaubriand for main course and the chocolate melting cake for dessert.

We got our documents a few weeks before cruising and had booked directly through Carnival. Don't worry, they should be arriving soon.

We chose the cruise for the itinerary and the stop in Key West did not disappoint! We had been there once before on a land vacation as a family. I always regretted not touring Hemingway's house so that was first on the list this time. It was a most enjoyable tour. Just outside the house an artist sets up his easel and paints gorgeous watercolors. We bought one of the house directly across from the Hemingway house. It's so typical "Key West".

Do not miss the Blonde Giraffe for the frozen chocolate dipped Key Lime Pie on a stick. Go to the Southernmost point for a photo op! Also, we enjoyed seeing the Truman "Little White House" but didn't take the tour.

In Nassau, we took the #10 jittney to Cable Beach and spent the day there. It was a perfect beach day, although the water was still too cold to go in beyond the knees (brrrr!) We ate conch fritters and drank Kalick beer at the Junkaroo shake near the dock on our way back to the ship.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Hi

We were on this ship in December and had a wonderful time. We did our own "tour" in Nassau and stopped at the Graycliff Cigar Factory, beautiful place and has an Inn there as well. Walked I think the entire area of the Bahamas, took about 8 hours including stops to browse the shops. Don't forget to check out the straw market, some great deals on knock off purses, etc. Went to the Atlantis Hotel in the evening, it is soooo beautiful, got to see the digs for free since it was after hours. Great pics of this as well. Did not do Key West on this cruise, but have been there in the past, great walking down Duval St. and stopping in to have a brew or two at one of the pubs. Enjoy this ship, I would sail on her again. Lots to do both on and off the ship.

Stephanie :)

Rent scooters or bikes (my preference) and tour the whole island. It's not very big, but get a map for all the "don't miss" places. The marina area is really building up, and you could have a wonerful lunch on the water at the Conch Republic or Turtle Krawl's or the Oyster Raw Bar.

Always great live music at Hog's Breath (all day long) and have a drink under the Banyan tree.

Shop on Duvall and people watch. Don't waste too much time on it tho....all the stores are pretty much the same and it would take you forever to go into all of them. Get off the beaten path...that's where you'll really experience Key West. Watch out for the cats and roosters tho!

Have a great time....it's one of our all time favorite places....very unique.

The Celebration was my first cruise ship....she's special to me...enjoy!:)

There is sooooooo much to see in Key West and not enough time to do it all in. The Light house is good. You can see a lot from up there and a nice view of the ship. Right across the street from the light house is Earnest Hemingway's house. Take the guided tour in Hemingway's house they have a lot of great stories. The Butterfly conservatory was good also. We also did the Mel Fisher treasure house. They have a lot of gold finger bars that you can put your hand in a glass case and pick one up. They also tell how he found all of that, and at what cost. Be sure to window shop in Key West if you are not easily offended its something to see, the stuff you can buy there. I diden't get to see a lot of stuff just not enough time. NEXT TIME

We were on the Celebration to Key West and Nassau in October and are considering going again next month. It is great little getaway and we love the port of Jacksonville. Key West was a lot of fun. Like others said there is more to do there than time to do it. We went to the Hemingway House and Mel Fisher museum. If we go again, we plan to check out the pirate museum in Key West. In Nassau, we went to the Greycliff Cigar Factory. The grounds are gorgeous there. Then we went to The Pirates of Nassau museum. We then walked to a little beach that was not marked with a name. If we go again, we'll probably go to the Atlantis. That is a hotel in Nassau that goes across water (perhaps an inlet or bay) and has aquaruims built in the walls and some kind of fancy beach. (or so I hear!) We travel with 2 young children, so most of our activities are centered on them. On the ship, we enjoyed the show and the pool. The Celebration is an older, smaller ship and does not have some of the new amenities that the mega ships offer. But you can't beat the small ship atmosphere and there are some great deals to be had on the Celebration.

Archived