Stiletto vs. Heatwave

momsea

Does anyone have any information or imput regarding these two catamaran operators? I can't decide between the two for our day in Barbados. My first choice, Silver Moon, is booked so I'm looking at these two operators. Any input -- positive or negative-- would be much appreciated!

Rubaiyat is the one you want to go on if you like to have a great time without hordes of people in your way. The wife and I just spent 8 days in Barbados last October and witnessed the chaos on the two boats you mentioned. The Rubaiyat is a smaller boat (50 feet) but has a maximum of 20 people allowed.

Eddie Cheeseman (yes, that's his real name) is a blast!! Our boat partied way more than the bigger WAY MORE CROWDED boats like Heatwave. Our trip included lunch, all the drinks you can consume, swam and fed the turtles and got to go to a beach to swim and relax. I believe it was $65 pp which was the best deal we had on the island. His email address is Rubaiyat@hotmail.com. I am sure he can give you more information.

Yikes, I just booked our two families for Heatwave on April 6. Oh well, we're good sports and with seven kids ages 9 - 17, we're quite a chaotic mess anyway! Hopefully we'll have a good time and laugh about the chaos upon our return to dry land! Thanks for the input. Anyone else cruising on HAL's Noordam departing NYC March 31 - join us aboard the Heatwave on April 6!

Just came back from 2/25 Destiny sailing and did the snorkel tour with Heatwave while in Barbados and it was the best excursion during our cruise.

We walked out of the cruise terminal and met at the roundabout as instructed on our reservation and we were taken off to the catamaran - it was absolutely beautiful and very well taken care of. We ended up sailing around 10am. We were about 20 people on board, plus the 3 crew but in no way was the boat overcrowded, everyone had plenty of room to move around - there was no sort of chaos on board.

We saw many catamarans sailing by that had sooo many people on board but ours was not at all full compared to the others.

We had 3 stops (2 snorkeling & 1 beach) but what I really must emphasize is that the crew was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, they made every effort to make sure you felt like you were truely on vacation and that you had a good time. Every few minutes they were refilling the drinks and asking how everyone was doing and the lunch..... it was so good, I'm still thinking about it!! It was plentiful and delicious. I can't recommend this excursion with heatwave enough, it was the BEST!! Don't hesitate to book but if you're worried about the group size, email them and ask how many people have booked for your day.

We used Heatwave last September and all agreed it was the best day of the whole cruise. There were only 10 of us on board (6 from the cruise and 4 from a resort) and 3 crew. We liked it so much we're booked again with them for our upcoming cruise.

Archived